Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Fords in drag racing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:46 AM
jimford1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fords in drag racing!

Hey guys just got a question about drag racing. What classes do fords do well in and why? I dont mean like John Force I mean like Outlaw and 10.5 stuff. But I have no clue. I love drag racing and want to build a 65-74 short bed f 100 if I can find one. Oh I didnt say 64 because I had one and I hated the single I-beam front end, they went to twin in 65. But anyway I only know the classes from what I see in Hot Rod. Remember guys I dont know s@#t. I want to know more. Thanks guys!!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Holiver31
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its really just how your car is built and what the specs are,,that is what puts you in certain classes

Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
I think that anything that most folks can afford these days is bracket racing. You run against the clock. Your class is based on your predicted et. The winner is whoever comes closest to their prediction. Because of the way this works, I don't know how much they regulate the cars -- other than for safety equipment and basically sound construction.

You should find out about local tracks. Most of them post their events and rules online.

There is still heads up /quickest wins racing, but I think that it gets pretty spendy.