2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power seat power mirrors don't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:23 PM
agoent
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aft2005

The splice is the same wire for the drivers seat, the mirrors and the pedals. You said the pedals move an inch. Double check the mirrors and seat. If they work, then look for another problem. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:54 PM
aft2005exp
Junior User
Thanks for confirming it is the same splice. Other than the pedals, seats and mirrors work.. I'm focusing in on the pedal adjusting apparatus, motor etc. The search continues !

Old 03-15-2010, 11:09 PM
ralex17
New User
The adjustable pedals are on this same circuit. I wouldn't think they would move at all if the splice was bad, but it would be very easy to check and repair.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:38 AM
cabinguy
New User
'05 F150 lariat power seat/pedal adjust -KIA

The power seat just didn't work one morning, manual says seat an pedal adjust are same fuse, fuse is ok, power to fuse is ok , ?? what's the answer, was a thread correct about wiring at back of fuse block ?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:23 AM
agoent
New User
Yes it does work

Yes....read the previous threads....follow the directions and the wire was coroted.....good luck......it took me a half hour to re soder wire junctions.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
WilliamsDiesel
New User
Hello All...

I have a 2006 Navigator and the power seat has been sporadic for sometime now. Currently it is not working, when I hit the switch for forward and backward adjustment, I hear a click under the seat but the seat doesn't move. All the other seat adjustments work fine. Also, the adjustable pedals are only moving about a 1/2", but the mirrors fold and move correctly. Could this still be the splice issue?

Old 02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
JFH
Freshman User
Originally Posted by WilliamsDiesel
Hello All...

I have a 2006 Navigator and the power seat has been sporadic for sometime now. Currently it is not working, when I hit the switch for forward and backward adjustment, I hear a click under the seat but the seat doesn't move. All the other seat adjustments work fine. Also, the adjustable pedals are only moving about a 1/2", but the mirrors fold and move correctly. Could this still be the splice issue?
Check the switch. Had the same issue and the contacts weren't touching. You may be able to bend a little like I did with a screwdriver or just buy a new switch.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
gad4wd
New User
06 mirrors

I have the same problem on my 06 but do not have power seats or pedals. I replaced the switch and it did not work. So I got on here and searched and found the info on the orange/green wire. I removed the fues box cover and trim and could not find the splice. Is it behind the fues box or right below. Anybody have any pictures. Thanks

Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 PM
wschorp
New User
Originally Posted by gad4wd
I have the same problem on my 06 but do not have power seats or pedals. I replaced the switch and it did not work. So I got on here and searched and found the info on the orange/green wire. I removed the fues box cover and trim and could not find the splice. Is it behind the fues box or right below. Anybody have any pictures. Thanks
I have the same issue as gad4wd....there is no splice.....suggestions???????

Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM
impy
Freshman User
Pedal power

Had the same issue, 04 F150 lost power to drivers seat/mirrors/pedals. Followed the same instructions (splice below fuse box) and yup, there it was broken wire. Spliced in a new one and good as new. Although I did stumble upon the live well issue (could put a goldfish in there). Pulled drain plug and out came the water. Now if there's a simple solution for this (found where there's an issue with the windshield spacers, but I think that's beyond my skills) all ears.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 PM
fordtruckforever
New User
Originally Posted by impy
Had the same issue, 04 F150 lost power to drivers seat/mirrors/pedals. Followed the same instructions (splice below fuse box) and yup, there it was broken wire. Spliced in a new one and good as new. Although I did stumble upon the live well issue (could put a goldfish in there). Pulled drain plug and out came the water. Now if there's a simple solution for this (found where there's an issue with the windshield spacers, but I think that's beyond my skills) all ears.
Livewell?? I'm having the same problem after cleaning the truck carpet and pressure washing the engine is there an area I should be looking for that would retain water? Also, what is a windshield spacer? Thanks

Old 08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
jon bierbrodt
New User
Ok guys I need some help. I have the same issue in my '03 expedition: power drivers seat and mirrors do not work. I have checked and replaced fuses, replaced DCM, and I just got done checking the orange wire with the light green line that goes from the fuse block to the seat. The wire is good, I checked for continuity, but still nothing. I ran a hot wire directly from the battery to the harness where it plugs into the seat and it works like a dream. Any ideas? I am really hoping its not the fuse block itself. If so, is there a way to test mine to make sure thats the problem before I dump money into a part like that?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM
08PS350
New User
I know this is an old post and for th F150, however I am having the EXACT same problem. Driving me nuts. I cannot find this mysterious orange wire with light green stripe. Is it going to be the same for my 08 350 Powerstroke?

Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM
cejonman44
New User
Confirmed

Originally Posted by 08PS350
I know this is an old post and for th F150, however I am having the EXACT same problem. Driving me nuts. I cannot find this mysterious orange wire with light green stripe. Is it going to be the same for my 08 350 Powerstroke?
Just fixed my power seat/adjustable pedal problem. It was indeed the orange wires as mentioned in the post. I have a 2005 King Ranch and I pulled the fuse box cover off, the front trim off and the rocker panel cover as well to get a good view. I carefully cut the black wrapping off the wires with a razor blade from the fuse block down to the the beginning of the rocker panel to fully see everything. The orange wires are connected together with what looks to be tape. I cut it long ways and found once unwrapped the ends were very corroded and no longer attached. I cut the ends off, re-spliced and all worked.

My main concern now is why on earth was there so much water in the wiring tray? I lifted the carpet up and found it to be wet under there as well. I pulled the drain plug and I bet 6 + oz drained out then I dried the rest with a towel. This much moisture could definitely rot the floor pan and rocker panels out very quickly. Anybody have any ideas on where this water is coming from?

Old 07-25-2014, 03:39 PM
mrford350
New User
Gents, I have an 08 F-350 Powerstroke with all of the same symptoms mentioned above, including an airbag light. I cannot find a green wire with an orange stripe and am pulling what little hair I have left, out. Is the wire a different color in the '08 trucks? Does someone have a picture of the mysterious orange wire and green stripe? Thanks!

2008 F-350 Lariat, 4x4 Offroad, Crew Cab/Short bed, K&N Cold Air, DPF Delete, 3 pod A-pillar mount w EGT, Battery Voltage and Oil Pressure, Edge Racing Performance Tuner, 35/12.50$20 Mickey Thompson ATZs, Kenwood DDX 470 Touch Screen Stereo

Quick Reply: power seat power mirrors don't work