General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Why isnt DOG the bounty hunter....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:53 PM
makomaker
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why isnt DOG the bounty hunter....

allowed to carry guns????

He's busting these people with paint ball guns? or rubber bullet guns?

I'd be packin AR-15's or something

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
brmpipes
Elder User
felon crack head i heard.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:11 PM
shooter123
Elder User
paintball guns that shoot liitle ***** of pepper spray, I think although I could be wrong about what they shoot they are definatly paintball guns. anyway Dog has been tp prison which means he has a felony and cannot legally own guns.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Ship Boy
Temporarily Deactivated
I think the show is a fake. who in their right mind would have his family (wife and daughter) right there in the line of fire . I think the only thing his wife can do is run her mouth and be there to trip up someone running with her giant BRESSTICLES.GEZ MAN..If some real bad guy pulled out a big ole GLOCK and put it under the DOGS nose he would dodo in his pants.Any real bounty hunter HAS to have a gun to protect himself as a last resort.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:38 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Maybe Hawiian law won't allow him or anyother Bondsman to carry?

I don't really think his life is really in any danger anyways. He's dealing with mostly meth heads and the occational wife beater.

I'm a Probation Officer and I go into houses all the time to check on my offenders, and I don't carry a gun. As long as I treat my people with respect they give it right back.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I cannot stand that guy.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
first today
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He is a fool.

First of all, most of the people that skip on bond are on that island. They are not wealthy enough to go anywhere else. I was a recovery agent for a few years and very few could afford to take a plane anywhere.

Second, he shows his entire family down to the baby. Not to smart. Everyone sees their house and personal vehicle.

He brags about not needing a gun to catch these people. Someone wanting their 15 minutes will eventually take him down with a gun.

He actually seems like a decent guy, I just think he under estimates the criminal element.This is a job and a t.v. show to him. This is someone's life behind bars possibly and will do anything to stay out.

Once you hunt a human, you will never hunt any animal again. Humans are the sneakiest, smartest, dumbest, and most challenging hunt you can ever have. It is not about firepower or fighting a fugitive. If you use your brain and have powers of persuasion you will catch them every time. Friends and family will sell you out every time.

The last thing I can say is, however bad you think you have it, there are others that have it worse. You will have a greater appreciation for what you do have.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
DOG ITS TIME TO SHAVE THAT (MULLET)

Old 03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Duane Chapman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chapman, a former gang member with 18 prior convictions for armed robbery,<SUP id=cite_ref-1 class=reference>[2]</SUP> was sentenced in Pampa, Texas to a five year prison term in 1977 after being convicted of the first degree murder of Jerry Oliver. Chapman maintains his innocence of murder but suggests he was a legal accessory for not reporting the shooting to the police. He was released on probation after 18 months.<SUP id=cite_ref-2 class=reference>[3]</SUP>

Old 03-29-2009, 11:54 AM
rambuck
Senior User
I believe he is an ex-felon and he does travel outta state a lot which means he can't carry guns out of hawaii, where he is based. plus ain't he in prison right now?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

This whole band of misfits should be tossed off TV. Dog tries to sneak up on someone while he is dressed as an old hippy/addict. His wife, Beth, is only on the show to show off her size 96 *****.There is nothing in this show that is believeable, except the fact that there are convicted felons who do jump bail. The idea behind this show is ok, but they should portray the bondsmen as who they really are: dedicated professionals who wear regular clothes, look normal, and act like educated humans. Not the way Dog and his " family " portray it.............................they are losers!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Dog is whole 5ft 7in tall, he NEEDS to carry a weapon!.......Of course his wife could take out any bail jumper with those "weapons".

Old 03-29-2009, 05:21 PM
CretePumper
Senior User
Originally Posted by Old93junk
Of course his wife could take out any bail jumper with those "weapons".

Weapons of Mass Distraction.........

Old 03-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
You should see the tourists croon over him when he's in town. *slaps head*

I flew from Honolulu back to the Big Island a few weeks ago and he and his crew were on the plane. They are nice folks who's 'stardom' doesn't seem to go to their heads. They take pictures and talk with everyone, shake hands and such. But the crowd goes loony over them!

Leland lives (or used to) here on the Big Island. We'd see him all the time in Wal-Mart. I always thought that what he wore was like a costume for the show. It isn't. And that goes for all of 'em. Poor guy can't even buy toilet paper without 5-6 people around him asking for pictures and autographs. (He's a short little dude, too.)

Hawaii doesn't have a carry permit law. You cannot carry loaded weapons and the weapons you can carry (long guns) must be in a locked case during transit with the ammo in different container.

Most of the criminals he chases are only smart enough to know that you shouldn't shoot a TV star while on camera. I'm sure that's why he only carries that half-gallon Mace thing on his thigh. Well...plus the ex-felon thing.

I think there are better shows that could be made in Hawaii. It doesn't put that great a light on our population.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:26 PM
bczolone
Elder User
I too read about fake shows and this is one of them along with "Operation Repo", both ficticious...at least that's what I've read.

^Monsta: just noticed your sig...lol. I love cats too!

Last edited by bczolone; 03-29-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: additon

Quick Reply: Why isnt DOG the bounty hunter....