Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

We need to create divisions within our Montana Chapter!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 AM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We need to create divisions within our Montana Chapter!

Due to common demand let's discuss creating divisions within the MT Chapter everyone.

I'm thinking this:
Bozeman, Billings, Missoula, and Great Falls for now.

What do you think?
As the 4th biggest state in the US we are just too big for one chapter!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by DasCheckers
As the 4th biggest state in the US we are just too big for one chapter!
With the first page of threads going back more than a year?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
That seems to be the reason why people who used to post a lot don't post at all anymore.
By talking to a few people it seems as though not many people are interested in a general MT chapter.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
I think the only way you can justify dividing it up any further is to get them to post here to prove they would use the sub divisions.

Not that it's up to me, far from it.

Just sayin'

Old 03-25-2009, 10:11 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
I think the only way you can justify dividing it up any further is to get them to post here to prove they would use the sub divisions.

Not that it's up to me, far from it.

Just sayin'

Old 03-26-2009, 12:23 AM
DasCheckers
Elder User
I'll try!
Hopefully we can do divisions down the road!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
I don't think that divisions will help, really. There just isn't much participation at all. Notice that the only person to respond to this thread (until I came along) is not even from MT?

Besides, your divisions neglect north central and eastern MT entirely. You'd have to throw in Miles City and Havre divisions. CA has a bigger state with waaaaay more population and they manage on only 2 divisions. I think we need to concentrate more on overall membership than on dividing it into smaller groups.

We could have threads within the MT chapter that are for those of different areas, but that's already an option and I don't see any takers. There's just something about us independent Montanans... Heck, even Wyoming's chapter has more activity than ours does.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Originally Posted by ShamelessMT
I don't think that divisions will help, really. There just isn't much participation at all. Notice that the only person to respond to this thread (until I came along) is not even from MT?
The only reason I'm responding is I'm a moderator here, because I volunteered to cover another moderator while he was out of town for a while.

The key is participation. My memory is a little rusty, but I seem to recall this subject coming up before and the point from the higher-ups was that there's not enough participation as it stands right now.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:09 PM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
Originally Posted by Krewat
The only reason I'm responding is I'm a moderator here, because I volunteered to cover another moderator while he was out of town for a while.
I kinda knew that as I've seen you here before, but you are helping make the point. In the 42 hours since this thread was started there have only been 3 people involved and only 37 views. We really need to recruit more members first, then worry about who lives where in the state.

Got any ideas on getting people involved?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Go into the member's list, restrict to state MT, and then sort by last visit?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m...astvisit&pp=50

And then start contacting people

I might be able to get an Admin to contact all those people with a broadcast, maybe, is that something we'd want to do?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Go into the member's list, restrict to state MT, and then sort by last visit?

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/m...astvisit&pp=50

And then start contacting people

I might be able to get an Admin to contact all those people with a broadcast, maybe, is that something we'd want to do?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
DasCheckers
Elder User
Believe me man, I already did it haha.
I had Adrian send a message to all Montana members announcing the new MT Chapter.

I'm posting up a flyer that I'm going to start using later. We need to get those bad boys on some trucks!

I'll stop in at Mike's Off-Road and let them know as well, maybe leave some cards there.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just checkin in. Gonna try to spend a little more time, back on FTE. But, I have several hobbies now, that keep me busy posting on other sites, not to mention being a moderator on a pretty large site, that has nothing to do with trucks ... but just about everything else under the sun.

Four divisions can't be labled by towns, imho. Take the Rocky Mtns as a dividing point, first. Folks.. it's a heck of a drive, just to get east of the mountains from here. Us folks in the original HPD chapter and especially from NW Mt. ( Kalispell and Missoula, with one rowdy fellow from Canuckia, whom I can't mention ) are the only ones to ever do a GTG in Kalispell. Matter of fact, we still meet once in a while and share lunch, gossip and other unnecessary gobbledygook. Then we're off on our own lives for a while again.

The members who WERE interested, seem to be no longer interested, much in part to a lot of BS going on behind the scenes, members getting booted and etc. We are a proud and patriotic people here, for the most part. BS isn't part of our lives. I think that's one reason why my friends up here aren't interested in FTE much less a chapter. Heck, I was invited to the "competition" forum, started by "bootees" from here. It's a thriving forum, last I looked. And growing all the time. My humble opinion is that FTE needs to try cutting back on the permanent boots of members, if they want anything to be a go. The few posts I've made on the "other" site, I've noted a number of people whom I thought were pretty decent folks. Obviously, they got the goat of Ken or someone. But, that's not MY affair to think about or deal with. Heck, the way Ken and I seemed to be getting along for a while, I'm surprised that Im still here! I think I have Admin Tim to thank for my longevity.

Now, back to chapters for MT. I, personally, tried as hard as possible to do something with the HPD Chapter. Some of you know that. I started a store... so folks could buy Drifters items... at NO PROFIT for me or the drifters. Heck, I was our best customer and still have shirts & more. I was as gung ho as this new fellow, so I can only wish him luck. I'm braindead on ideas to bring a good club back together, much less get my friends here, to join again.

You guys in Bozeman and that area...now you have a great chance on making your area successful. You have a higher population base and have already shown more interest than anyone else.

I'll keep watching the thread and the chapter. If things and interest develop, I may be willing to be a part of the group again and try to make a go of it. But, I'll tell ya... I printed out FTE/ HPD Chapter info and placed them under windshield wipers at a couple of County Fairs. Zero response.

So, good luck boyz n gurlz. I'll check in from time to time.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 AM
ShamelessMT
Elder User
We're trying hard to get it together, but we're still not getting much interest. I've got a GTG happening at my place on Saturday and we'll see how many people actually show up...

I'd really like to get a good Bozeman group together to start with (since our Chapter Leader and I are both here) and then maybe we can interest others in participating once they see something happening. However, any interest at all would be a good thing, regardless where it originated.

If we were to split the state into divisions, I'd think we'd have to settle for West (of the Rockies), Central and Eastern MT as divisions. That said, I still don't think that there are enough active members to make it worthwhile.