Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

adrenaline installed! and the rest of the story

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 07:15 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OH, and Scott, don't think we are putting you on the spot. jk, we are.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:18 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
I understand what you're saying Ron. I'm just don't think we should jump to conclusions based on 1 F550 since they're tuned differently than our trucks. Either way, I'm still impressed with Barney's 5% improvement for the money involved.
5% over existing. What was existing? Was their an issue with the old system.
Its just not apples to apples testing.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post6880578

I really hope this pump is a keeper.
The only other question i would have on the new pump would be is the rear bearing a ball or bush.

Bill

Old 03-26-2009, 07:22 PM
96P_Stroke4x4
Smokin'

i'm a sort of frequent poster. the problem is that i can't really comment on how the adrenaline will perform with split shot injectors. i have some data that shows icp pressures and duty cycles, etc. but again it's for my 96. i think bob has concentrated on the earlier trucks to give us a little more of a fighting chance to keep in the hp race. the adrenaline was released for beta testing mostly to OBS trucks. btu there are a few SD testers as well. this is a relatively new pump to the public (couple months old). more results for testing on SDs are sure to come.

i believe bfife has a unique situation that bob hasn't dealt with (f-550) and i can say that programming does have something to do with the performance. i have more testing to do on my truck. i need to get tony to reburn my chip (3 year old programming on my chip now). i am currently hitting a maximum setting on the duty cycle.

i have noticed many improvements in the way my truck runs, but again, single shots. i've noticed a .5-1 mpg increase, smoother runnning engine, quicker responses, and a stronger seat of the pants feel. all i can say to the SD group is to hold on for some adrenaline pumps to get installed and run in some SDs to get some results that you guys can compare to.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by MADVAN
5% over existing. What was existing? Was their an issue with the old system.
Its just not apples to apples testing.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/8...ml#post6880578

I really hope this pump is a keeper.
The only other question i would have on the new pump would be is the rear bearing a ball or bush.

Bill
Barney's numbers won't be an apples to apples comparison for most of us, since the F550 has a different PCM and it's not designed to act like the 250/350's. His numbers were low to start with, and changing nothing else, he picked up about 100 psi. Change the tuning and he picked up even more.

The 550 isn't the ideal truck for us to compare numbers on, but Barney is the first trusted name we know on FTE in the SD section to get one put in (because Scott is slow, or at least foolish enough to tell us all he has the pump but won't install it till Saturday ) Till then, this is all we have to talk about. At least Bill has gotten some good press out of it.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:36 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Ron and Rick, What do you mean you don't trust me? I'm not "one of our own"? I'm been a member here for five yrs. Does one have to have a 1000 post to be considered one of thr family?yeh I don't post alot. I only post when I think I have something to contribute not just to hear myself type. "I hope this is not an advertisement for a non sponser." thats BS. I started this thread because people wanted to know about the new pump. I posted my info with no bias towards any product sponser or manufacturer. If you recall my initial post was not all that complimentary to the Adrenaline. I stated what my data was and what the results were. As I stated long ago "I'm not throwing rocks at anybody". if this is starting to become a "good ol boys club" maybe its time to start looking for a new site. Barney

Old 03-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Barney, they were talking about the OBS drivers.
You definately are one of us.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by bfife
Ron and Rick, What do you mean you don't trust me? I'm not "one of our own"? I'm been a member here for five yrs. Does one have to have a 1000 post to be considered one of thr family?yeh I don't post alot. I only post when I think I have something to contribute not just to hear myself type. "I hope this is not an advertisement for a non sponser." thats BS. I started this thread because people wanted to know about the new pump. I posted my info with no bias towards any product sponser or manufacturer. If you recall my initial post was not all that complimentary to the Adrenaline. I stated what my data was and what the results were. As I stated long ago "I'm not throwing rocks at anybody". if this is starting to become a "good ol boys club" maybe its time to start looking for a new site. Barney
its not you..you dont count,, lol im kidding...you are one of us...just we cant go by the F550 because of the PCM...everything we talked about was up till this week..all the truck till your post was OBS talk..thanks for posting your finds..

we just got to wait for Scott....

Old 03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
bfife
still plays with trucks

Ok Now that I got that off my chest. I have had the opportunity to put about 360 miles on the pump since last weekend. I do like the way it feels. I like the fact that my smoke factor is down about 50-75% depending on which tune I'm on. My wife also commented that the truck seems to pull harder and idle smoother that before. As I have stated next week I will put some towing miles on and be able to get some real world MPG info for us all. Barney

Old 03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 791 Likes on 603 Posts
Ok Now that I got that off my chest. I have had the opportunity to put about 360 miles on the pump since last weekend. I do like the way it feels. I like the fact that my smoke factor is down about 50-75% depending on which tune I'm on. My wife also commented that the truck seems to pull harder and idle smoother that before. As I have stated next week I will put some towing miles on and be able to get some real world MPG info for us all. Barney
This is good. It shows a more efficient burn.
Looking forward to hearing your results.
Have a safe trip south.
( I cannot believe you are still in the frozen north! )

Old 03-26-2009, 07:54 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Barney

I deal with van pcm codes.
Far less work has been done with the van codes
than as compared to what you have 450/550 ect.

While programming will help with final product.
Its still about if the pump moves more oil at a given pressure.

ICP is input to the pcm. Pcm uses software to calculate output
to the IPR. So with old tune the ICP should be to high for the given
pump rpm. Thus it should have a lower IPR output.

Bill

Old 03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Burn him at the stake boys!

Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 PM
strokersace
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Barney, where at in Idaho are you now?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:02 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Barney, like Ron said, you have a different truck then most of us have, except Dan. lol. The thing I don't understand is why with your DP-TUNER, Jody could not tune for that pump. I do think you talked to him before you went for different tunes. If it was my truck, I know I would have talked to Jody first. As I think you also did being you had the DP. We are waiting for someone with a 17* HPOP to find out how good this pump will make our injectors work better. Some times when a comes on here and praises a product, we have questions about the motive of the thread.

This is just a strange thread.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:10 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
As I have stated next week I will put some towing miles on and be able to get some real world MPG info for us all. Barney
Don't forget this part. I never considered the possibility of a significant increase with this pump, but whatever you see, be sure to share it.

Quick question. What did the EGT's look like when you saw the higher ICP numbers? You're running 4.88 in the rear, but with an OD unit, right? EGT's go up any with the higher numbers?

Old 03-26-2009, 08:11 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Barney that wasn't aimed at you and if it seemed that way I do apologize. It just seemed odd that a new poster jumped into your thread and was giving some contradicting information. I have been following this thread to learn more about the pump and what can and cannot be expected from them. You are one of us here and I do appreciate your sharing your thought and experiances on the pump with us.

Quick Reply: adrenaline installed! and the rest of the story