Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Question about arizona city area??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:32 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Question about arizona city area??

Hi Everybody,

The Toltec Elem. School in Arizona City is real interested in Vici for a Special Ed position.
We have been past the Casa Grande, Toltec area on I-8. We have never been off the freeway in any of that area.
Can anybody give us any info on this area. Casa Grande has we believe a nice RV Park. Are there any others in good areas. Is that area a high crime area. Does anyone know the demographics of that area? Just want to know what the area is like. Are smog checks required in that area?
So if anyone can shed any light on our questions, or give us any info we would sure appreciate it. You can PM me if you prefer. I PMed Bill & he said he didn't really know that part of Pinal County.
Thanks,
Craig

Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,690 Likes on 1,134 Posts
a co worker of mine lived in Arizona city, I will try to get some info from him.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:03 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Question

Originally Posted by helifixer
a co worker of mine lived in Arizona city, I will try to get some info from him.
Bart,
Thanks. Anyone else can jump in. Aren't Rob & Cris in the southern part of the Phoenix? It isn't to far from Chandler maybe 30 miles.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:16 AM
MnBoomer
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
use www.city-data.com. It will tell you everything about a particular city.

Vicki

Old 03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by MnBoomer
use www.city-data.com. It will tell you everything about a particular city.

Vicki
Thanks for that link. I have looked at their info in the past, but I find it doesn't always give you a first hand account of life there. I kind of want to know from people that know that area where they would prefer living, if she was to take that job.
Basically just wanted to hear what if anything you guys know about that area. You guys in that area get local news I can't get. I do watch the Tucson paper on- line.
We live full-time in and RV & I have checked out several parks on-line.
Anyway was just hoping for some first hand info.
Thanks for all the input.
Craig

Old 03-20-2009, 12:30 AM
phydough
Senior User
I used to live there about 18'ish years ago. Back then Az. City was nothing more than a subdivision in the desert surrounded by cotton fields. The area was a prime hunting grounds for drunk and warrant arrests. The last time I explored there was a couple years back, things had grown big time, housing developments in cotton fields and former open desert, WAY different. I was friends with one of the bigger farmers son and was always welcome to shoot or run over white tail jack rabbits, sorry off topic. Smog checks didn't used to be required and probably still not. I am now in Coconino County so am not a great help, but that's something for you even if outdated. Oh yeah it is HOT there.
If I were to suggest where to live I'd stay south of I-10 or maybe Casa Grande.

Last edited by phydough; 03-20-2009 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added content
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by phydough
I used to live there about 18'ish years ago. Back then Az. City was nothing more than a subdivision in the desert surrounded by cotton fields. The area was a prime hunting grounds for drunk and warrant arrests. The last time I explored there was a couple years back, things had grown big time, housing developments in cotton fields and former open desert, WAY different. I was friends with one of the bigger farmers son and was always welcome to shoot or run over white tail jack rabbits, sorry off topic. Smog checks didn't used to be required and probably still not. I am now in Coconino County so am not a great help, but that's something for you even if outdated. Oh yeah it is HOT there.
If I were to suggest where to live I'd stay south of I-10 or maybe Casa Grande.
Thanks for your input. Yea things change that is for sure. Casa Grande kind of looks interesting & appears to be nice. About 25,000 & some nice RV Parks that are reasonable if you rent by the year. Around $225-$275/mo. Some look like they are pretty secure. We lived in a park like that in the Yuma area in the foothills. The problem in Yuma is the water is green. You have to buy water. Heck the water across the border is better & that is bad.
Craig

Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 PM
cgfirefighter
Freshman User
Well, good thing I checked the threads this morning.... (I haven't checked them in a while). I do live in CG and have for 9 years now. I'm not a fan of AZ City. There isn't much out there. If you like to live by yourself and don't need any creature comforts, it's not a bad town to live in. I have plenty of co-workers that live out there. I much prefer CG though. We are a bigger town than 25,000. More like 40,000 - 50,000, depending on the season. Our public safety is pretty good. (there is always room for improvement). But I personally like the fire department here We finally have a real mall in town with stores like Best Buy, Target, Sports Authority, as well as some good eating establishments with many more on the way. There are no emissions testing here in Pinal county except Queen Creek and AJ (I think). Hopefully that helps. I could also help you find a place to stay if you need it. I work for the fire department so I have been to all the RV resorts in town. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Old 03-22-2009, 01:04 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by cgfirefighter
Well, good thing I checked the threads this morning.... (I haven't checked them in a while). I do live in CG and have for 9 years now. I'm not a fan of AZ City. There isn't much out there. If you like to live by yourself and don't need any creature comforts, it's not a bad town to live in. I have plenty of co-workers that live out there. I much prefer CG though. We are a bigger town than 25,000. More like 40,000 - 50,000, depending on the season. Our public safety is pretty good. (there is always room for improvement). But I personally like the fire department here We finally have a real mall in town with stores like Best Buy, Target, Sports Authority, as well as some good eating establishments with many more on the way. There are no emissions testing here in Pinal county except Queen Creek and AJ (I think). Hopefully that helps. I could also help you find a place to stay if you need it. I work for the fire department so I have been to all the RV resorts in town. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Wow, Thanks for the info. That was what I was wanting. We will have to see how it goes, if they do actually offer her a job. I feel much better about this now. We aren't big city people, but we enjoyed Kingman & Bullhead City, we had fun in the Yuma area back in 02. So CG sounds like we would be comfortable. Do you know how far or long the commute is to north west side of Arizona City? Say from the farthest RV Resort in CG.
Thanks again for your post. If this goes further & we do end up deciding to make that move I'll PM you.
Craig