Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Sounds like a plan! I like it!

Old 04-24-2018, 01:09 PM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember something also about pullers. The threads should not be dry. IIRC something about white lithium grease was an acceptable coating. But just a light even coating. Might do a search on it.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
sounds good. The local Oreilly's didn't have any compressors, and AutoZone did, but they were well worn, and I really felt like they were going to be a problem if I continued to torque on them. Oreilly's said they would order me a set to come in, but I haven't went and picked them up yet.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I ordered a new Heim Joint, (Johnny Joint) for the track bar, to help with some of the wandering, once that is installed and tightened up. , I will look for the next loose spot in the suspension causing this wandering issue. I wish there was a way to make it a greaseable joint without weakening it.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:29 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I received the Heim joint a few days back, and suddenly was very excited to see that it had the right threads, and in comparing it, noticed there was more material on this new one which gave me the feeling it may be a little more sturdy. It was then that I looked at the size of the hole in the ball, and realized that the hole in it was almost big enough to go over the head of the bolt head. I then panicked and was thinking that although everything else was correct, including length, that this would not work for me and that I would have to return it, and try to figure out how to get across to the people that I ordered it from (Rough Country) what I needed exactly. I contacted Rough Country and they said that they only had one size.

I decided to go ahead and pull my old one off and try to see if I could figure out how to make this one work. Turns out there were two adapters that made this one fit. While I was working on it my neighbor came over and helped and drank a beer with me. I got it all put back together and took it for a test drive out in the country. My steering was tighter, but still there was some wandering. I then adjusted the steering box, which seemed to really dial things in. It seems to drive much better now.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:23 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Good job Curtis.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:09 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I agree, that's a darn good job Curt!

Only thing I've accomplished is taking the Denali in to the dealer for it's last oil change there. It will officially run out of warranty this month after 4 years of coverage so I'm all on my own now, no incentive to have someone else change the oil just to I have proof of maintenance. Dealer didn't find anything else wrong which is great for the upcoming Yellowstone trip in June. Hoping for a trouble-free trip

Jeep continues to have leaks, I continue to ignore them. Need to finish basement\camper prep\spring yard work in May and then I'm hoping I can have time to tinker again.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Yeah! Thanks!! I am excited about it.

Of course, you fix one thing, another thing goes bad right?

On my test drive, it came to my attention that my stereo no longer works. Its a factory head unit with some very nice features, but it will not boot up at all. I have a feeling the hard drive went bad on it.

Old 04-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Took the wifes car in for a tranny rework- and the also replaced the water pump and serpentine belt-- rear shocks also shot-- $900 bucks later out the door (tranny was free). Shocks and a water pump are pricey for that little thing. Worked allot in the yard on Sat- and helped clean up the school after the Auction this weekend.(what a mess) One of my friends won the trip for an audience with the Pope... but didn't invite me along :-)

Old 04-30-2018, 05:58 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I did some research online, and found how to get into diagnostics on my stereo. Tonight I went to the Jeep, turned on the key to see if I could get into diagnostics, and the stereo started right up with no issues. I shut the jeep back off, and turned it back on. It started up fine. I went into diagnostics and tested the hard drive, and it showed one error, in the time that I had to test it before I had to bring Sophia to dance. Now I've determined that maybe it just doesnt work on Fridays?

Old 05-01-2018, 08:19 AM
82'Stepside
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Garden Spyder
Now I've determined that maybe it just doesnt work on Fridays?
Now there's an issue I wouldn't mind having for myself

Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Ltsgarage
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 82'Stepside
I've had that issue for almost 10 years. Of course I have the same issue on Mondays also.
I have the 4T's work schedule.
Tuesday & Thursday Ten to Two. 😁

Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Ltsgarage
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 82'Stepside
I've had that issue for almost 10 years. Of course I have the same issue on Mondays also.
I have the 4-T's work schedule.
Tuesday & Thursday Ten to Two. 😁

Old 05-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Been working too much-- and somedays not at all-- :-) feast of famine I guess---

Old 05-03-2018, 08:06 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I keep watching the rust spot on my truck grow, and now the other side has grown a bit of cancer. I have been watching Youtube videos of how to fix rust spots, but I am torn between a fix that will last a few months, then do it again, or one that will last a few years that is much more intense. Local insurance guy who stops in here regularly said that most body shops won't touch it because it involves pulling the bed, and in the end, its likely to return, because the design isn't fixed that causes the issue. I gave consideration to slapping some Redneck cab corner covers on which is a molded black plastic cover that basically just covers the rust, but then it will look out of place, and hold the moisture in.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your truck today..