Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Get those cores back to ITP for JW...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:08 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get those cores back to ITP for JW...

Hooped on ITP,s site this morning and I notice the core charge went up 50 buck, to 150.00, wonder why. Shortage on cores. My JW VB is on the way but others behind me want to order and are getting jammed up along with ITP and JW, LETS GET THEM BACK, ITS YOUR MONEY...Here,s the post..Scrol down..Thanks All..<TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=content><!-- Template: product_detail_single - shows a product in detail by itself --><TABLE class=product_display border=0><TBODY><TR><!-- Variable below shows the product detail, and is controlled by the product_detail template file --><!-- Template file - product_detail Shows a single product in detail, when it's thumbnail image or "more detail" link is clicked.--><TD class=product_detail_td><FORM action="" method=get><INPUT type=hidden value=183 name=crn><INPUT type=hidden value=558 name=rn><INPUT type=hidden value=show_detail name=action><INPUT type=hidden value=558 name=p_rn><INPUT type=hidden name=discount_price><INPUT type=hidden name=discounted_qty><INPUT type=hidden name=discounted_qty_in_cart><INPUT type=hidden value=224.95 name=b_price><!-- DO NOT REMOVE OR MODIFY THIS LINE! It controls whether or not the checkout is displayed when adding to the cart --> John Wood Valve Body

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=20>
(fits 99-03 7.3L Powerstroke / 4R100 equipped trucks)

Our valve bodies are built by John Wood of John Wood Automotive, one of the premier 4R100 builders in the country. They are configured to offer improvements in shift quality without being harsh and without causing the "reverse delay" found in some shift kit configurations. This valve body also works GREAT with the DP-Tuner programming we offer! It should also work great with other tuning due to not being overly aggressive in the shift firmness.
Installation of this valve body will result in:
  • Quicker, more Positive Shifts
  • Elimination of "Shift Flare"
  • Reduced Temperatures
  • Reduced Clutch Slippage
  • Reduced Clutch Wear
NOTE: Installation of this valve body will require the use of an IN/LB torque wrench. If you don't have access to the correct tool, we recommend having a qualified mechanic perform the installation.
A $150 refundable core charge will be added to the purchase of this product unless "send core first" is selected below. If "send core first" is selected, we will NOT process or ship the order until the core is received.
We have eliminated the time limitation for core return because we really need the cores back. Instead, we ask that cores be returned AS SOON AS POSSIBLE because we are currently experiencing delays in producing new JWVBs due to a lack of cores. Please be considerate of the customers that come after you and return your core as quickly as you can! We NEED your core as much as you NEED your money back!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</FORM>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Excellent post Mike. I'm certain that JW appreciates it too.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:15 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Thanks Jim, anything to help get the ball rolling, could be a lot of missed sales for them. Sandy keeps reminding me of that 100.00 core charge, lol.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 AM
megawatt00
Hotshot
When the time comes for me to do the VB I will definatly go with JW. I wonder if the local junk yards would have blown tranny that the VB could be raided from?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by megawatt00
When the time comes for me to do the VB I will definatly go with JW. I wonder if the local junk yards would have blown tranny that the VB could be raided from?
Sounds good. I,m wondering if people are holding onto their stock ones in case something happens they can swap the stock one back in and sell the JW, just a thought. I got to start adding more smilies to my post.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:05 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Probably or they just space out sending it out. I don't know why with the core charge.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why people wouldn't send it right away???

Old 03-14-2009, 10:36 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice if people could check out some local tranny shops and see if they could get some VBs from burn up tranny's and send them in to ITP just an Idea since they should be good to rebuild. That or people could get off there butts and get to sending there cores back.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Well, I thought of both those senarios, junk yard VB and that could turn into some coin in your pocket because of the demand, hum..... And sitting on a hundred bucks, can't figure that one out, my wife's been reminding me about that 100.00 core charge since I ordered it, wooaa, take it easy momma, lol. The money's coming I said to her, nicely of course..haha...

Last edited by big poppa; 03-16-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: saving myself a quote in somebodies sig, ha.