Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

06 escape tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:02 AM
AC94EXPLORER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 escape tail lights

i just bought an 06 escape and 6 months later i looked at the tail lights and both of my tail lights are made by visteon is that an aftermarket tail light looks just like fords stock ones to me. i was wondering if anyones tail lights is made by visteon. i ran a car fax before i bought the car and there was no accidents reported.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:41 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AC94EXPLORER
i just bought an 06 escape and 6 months later i looked at the tail lights and both of my tail lights are made by visteon is that an aftermarket tail light looks just like fords stock ones to me. i was wondering if anyones tail lights is made by visteon. i ran a car fax before i bought the car and there was no accidents reported.
Visteon was the name given to a bunch of Ford plants spun out some years ago. Since then, a few plants have come back to the Ford name. Visteon did make some of the electric parts.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:29 PM
tcesni
Elder User
Visteon is one of Ford's largest suppliers. Like it was already pointed out, Ford spun off a number of their supplier plants into a separate company quite a few years ago and Visteon was one of them. In general, the automakers make the body, frame and drivetrains and everything else comes from suppliers.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
AC94EXPLORER
Senior User
thanks for the info i wanted to make sure my car wasnt wrecked or anything

Old 03-06-2009, 09:27 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tcesni
Visteon is one of Ford's largest suppliers. Like it was already pointed out, Ford spun off a number of their supplier plants into a separate company quite a few years ago and Visteon was one of them. In general, the automakers make the body, frame and drivetrains and everything else comes from suppliers.
Visteon is Ford's largest supplier only because it was Ford before!

I retired from Ford's Sterling Gear&Axle Plant which was Visteon for a while but went back to Ford. They are making less and less drivetrains. Rear wheel driven cars/trucks have Ford rearends. We assembled the F-150 4x4 frontends and machined both axles. The axles were farmed out last summer. The Mustang rearends where built there too but I didn't work in area, so I'm unsure about it's components. The F-350 rearend is still built there.

The 4x4 Ranger was a Dana frontend. I'm wondering what's used in the Escape rearend? The rearend used in the Saturn Vue was built at Sterling also but was moved to a nearby sister plant some years ago.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:31 AM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my daughters 01 say visteon on both tail lights I thought the same as you! thanks for the information good to know.