Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egt guage install question

Old 02-28-2009, 02:11 PM
jjfl03psd4x4
Freshman User
jjfl03psd4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
egt guage install question

203 f350 4" exhaust. Where is the most practicle place to install the EGT probe. I am trying to figure out if I have to drill and tap the manifold, or if I can use the clamp provided with the probe. pros and cons to pre and post turbo install???

Also what kind of antifreeze are we supposed to use. I noticed today that my overflow is low.

Thanks again

Joe

Old 02-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Ford79
Ford79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud ofFord79 has much to be proud of
Most install the probe into the driver side manifold. Drill and tap. Some install in the up pipe with the clamp. Pre turbo is the place to install it, more acurate temp reading as to what the actual cylinder temps are. Post turbo might be easier to install, but not nearly as acurate.

As far as I know, the 2003 use gold coolant.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
makomaker
Elder User
makomaker is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.makomaker is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Absolutely install pre-turbo, might as well hang it out the window if you install post turbo. Drill and tap exhaust maniold driver's side, start w small bit and work up, new bits go thru it like butter. Use the recommended thread lock on the tip and it will be fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.