Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you disconnect the odometer?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.
How do you disconnect the odometer?

Just wondering if ther's an easy way to diconnect the odometer, with or without speedo?
Thanks

Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.STROKIN'IT7.3 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Haha somebody's trying to forge odo readings when it comes time to resellllllllllllllllllll haha kidding, no idea, but I'd be intnerested to figure out how

Old 02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.big poppa has a spectacular reputation.
Its illegal but subscribing, haha.....

Old 02-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Kwikkordead
Post Fiend
Kwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputationKwikkordead has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 60RatRod View Post
Just wondering if ther's an easy way to diconnect the odometer, with or without speedo?
Thanks
They are electronically driven via the VSS on the rear axle.
You'll have to unplug the gauge cluster to disable it.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.60RatRod has a good reputation on FTE.
Hmmm, disconnect the guage cluster huh? would I lose a lot of stuff doing that, i.e. fuel guage, etc. As far as Illegal whoops my bad, but hey it is my truck. Listen Im really not up to anything illegal....lets say curiosity killed the cat. Heee Heee.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
. We are proud of the miles we have on out trucks. I have to ask, why do you want to know this??? Not doing a judgment here, just wonder why you are asking this??

EDIT: I read you last post and I feel better about this.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Your right Im proud of my mileage and have absolutely no intentions of selling my truck. I hope I don't get arrested for this but here it goes....I am one those millions of americans facing foreclosure, If I am kicked out of my house by the Constable I am going to have to pack up and rent a moving truck. Well with very little to no money I may have to fudge the miles to save a buck, Not that I want to but gonna have to figure out something and quick. So moderator feel free to kill this thread because it is unscrupulous and totally inappropriate. I hope I did'nt P.O. too many people with this post.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:41 PM
rebelchevy02
Posting Guru
rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.rebelchevy02 has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you unhook the sensor on your rear diff, your speedo and odometer should quit working, and your abs light will more then likely come on, but I see no other harm to be caused. If you have a gps nav thing you could use it for speedo for the time being, just have to deal with the light on in the dash. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.
miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Your right Im proud of my mileage and have absolutely no intentions of selling my truck. I hope I don't get arrested for this but here it goes....I am one those millions of americans facing foreclosure, If I am kicked out of my house by the Constable I am going to have to pack up and rent a moving truck. Well with very little to no money I may have to fudge the miles to save a buck, Not that I want to but gonna have to figure out something and quick. So moderator feel free to kill this thread because it is unscrupulous and totally inappropriate. I hope I did'nt P.O. too many people with this post.
Dan, this post explains it all. Sorry about your troubles. There are lots of people where you are. I wish I could help all FTE guys. I try to help as many as I can. Good luck brother.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Mark Kovalsky
Post Fiend
Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by rebelchevy02 View Post
If you unhook the sensor on your rear diff, your speedo and odometer should quit working, and your abs light will more then likely come on, but I see no other harm to be caused.
How about the automatic trans? It uses this input to shift.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:49 PM
guthrie&co
Posting Guru
guthrie&co has a very good reputation on FTE.guthrie&co has a very good reputation on FTE.guthrie&co has a very good reputation on FTE.
I had a doge that all you had to do was unplug the pencil gear in the tranny. Dont ask why I know this

Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Lead Head
Post Fiend
Lead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to allLead Head is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mark Kovalsky View Post
How about the automatic trans? It uses this input to shift.
It will shift a bit funny, but it can still figure out a ballpark range to shift using the apparent load on the engine (throttle position vs. RPM)

Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 PM
jrf250
Senior User
jrf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't know about these trucks, but I had a F150 once that had the digital od and had a fuse that would kill it. I have not researched these trucks to find out. Maybe worth checking into.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
03F2507.3
Senior User
03F2507.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is NOT illegal to disconnect your odometer!!!!!

You break the law when you sell it and either sign a TRUE MILEAGE affidavit or fill in those little boxes on the title and check TRUE MILEAGE. If you check TMU(true mileage unknown) you are perfectly legal. But you have just killed the value of your truck.

Moderators...no need to kill this thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 PM
03F2507.3
Senior User
03F2507.3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well with very little to no money I may have to fudge the miles to save a buck, Not that I want to but gonna have to figure out something and quick.
Maybe Im missing something but how will "fudging the miles" save you a buck?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you disconnect the odometer?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.