Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Switched to Schaefers + Electrical Gremlin Found

Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
MR5x5
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Switched to Schaefers + Electrical Gremlin Found

I switched from Rotella syn to Schaefer 7000 yesterday and wanted to relay my inital observations... When cold the engine is somewhat quieter. Not in holy wow! type of way, but the old rock tumbler is definitely less labored at cold idle.

At full operating temperatrue the idle is 20 rpm lower than prior. This I find interesting becuse I would think the PCM determines the idle speed?? Defineately 20 RPM lower though per the PCM's digital signal... 750 vs 775 typically.

Electrical Gremlins - So about a month ago I began shorting the fuse to cigarette lighter which is where my air bag pump draws it's power. I figured I had another rock damaged wire to the pump shorting against the frame (again)... Got probing around and could find nothing wrong on the pump wiring side of things?? The meter indicated I had a short at the lighter. Odd?? So I pulled the little panel off next to the lighter to take a look. Upon doing so a nickel fell out. Hmmm, could it possibly be?? Sure enough, that nickel had jumped out of the ash tray and was lodged between one of the hot elements of the lighter and a dash screw thus causing the short. Electrical things...The nature of the gremlins never cease to amaze me.

Enjoy,

MR5X5

Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Orezona
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job on the persistence to find that little sucker.

Search this Thread