Sponsored by: DP Tuner

RHN Membership and NEW RHN Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by megawatt00
If your not a member ask yourself....WHY?
Because being such a rookie when it comes to PSD's, I wouldn't be much help if someone broke down nearby. Plus, I don't have much to offer in the way of tools, trailer, or space. And being my mom's primary care-giver on top of my regular job, I'm extremely limited (time wise) when it comes to any kind of taxi help that might be provided.

About all I would be good for is a sympathetic ear.

I'd hate to join the RHN because I'd be about as useful as **** on a boar hog.

Stewart

Old 02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
CharGriller
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Because being such a rookie when it comes to PSD's, I wouldn't be much help if someone broke down nearby. Plus, I don't have much to offer in the way of tools, trailer, or space. And being my mom's primary care-giver on top of my regular job, I'm extremely limited (time wise) when it comes to any kind of taxi help that might be provided.

Stewart
Stewart I'm with you. I don't know what I could offer because of my zero diesel knowledge, and lack of tools. I've expressed similar concerns. How ever having said that I still would like to participate (when eligible) if for nothing else to act as maybe a shuttle, or transport fuel or provide a jump start?

Maybe look up a phone number for a mechanic or tow or.....whatever. And I anticipate, now owning a 7.3...like other new found interests I will gradually ...maybe...learn something that may be of help to somebody who is like me then.... as I am now. Does that even make sense?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:52 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
That's the attitude Clay...Think how much you would help a broke down buddy just by knowing your way around the area and being willing to help! This doesn't even begin to scratch the surface when you think about the other 100+ members who are willing to give you a helping hand when you travel. The RHN WANTS YOU CLAY!

Originally Posted by CharGriller
Stewart I'm with you. I don't know what I could offer because of my zero diesel knowledge, and lack of tools. I've expressed similar concerns. How ever having said that I still would like to participate (when eligible) if for nothing else to act as maybe a shuttle, or transport fuel or provide a jump start?

Maybe look up a phone number for a mechanic or tow or.....whatever. And I anticipate, now owning a 7.3...like other new found interests I will gradually ...maybe...learn something that may be of help to somebody who is like me then.... as I am now. Does that even make sense?

Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Automator
Elder User
I am trying to get my company to get me a wireless air-card for a laptop. Then I could go online and ask for help on-site. I keep a set of tools (sockets and wrenches in SAE and metric, assorted hand tools, jumper cables and other misc.) in my toolbox. Figure this would get me around most situations for on the spot repairs and diagnostics. I am still in that learning curve but have been watching and asking questions in order to learn more. Great thing about this site is the willingness for others to share knowledge and do so in a cordial manner, putting up with us rookies no matter what our age

Old 02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Outstanding work, guys.

For those of you who consider yourself to be "something useless attached to a boar hog"... sign up anyway! With the great group of guys we have in here (and RHN), you'll learn quickly and be abe to help more than you can imagine! Besides... I need some good company because I'm only half a step away from that boat myself!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
CharGriller
Senior User
The RHN WANTS YOU CLAY!

Ding, dong, dang Neal your reminding of my Uncle Sam back in the Viet Nam days.

All kidding aside my friend. When I post my 200 th post I'll come knocking at the door. Thanks for the invite!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
That's entirely your decision Stewart. Sometimes a sympathetic ear is the best ear. Maybe it's just to provide directions or a phone call, maybe someone is travelling through your area and want to meet and shake hands in person. Maybe the comfort of knowing that there is someone in the area that MAY be able to help. Take last night as an example. Kenny windowed his block, nothing that we can do to fix it. I was on the phone with Mike and JD trying to help out. I'm in MA and they were in TN. Last weekend Jay broke down in TX, he called his wife and she posted a thread, I called Jay looked into the database and gave him Joe's phone number. If you'd like to join we'd be more than happy to have you on!

Originally Posted by CharGriller
Ding, dong, dang Neal your reminding of my Uncle Sam back in the Viet Nam days.

All kidding aside my friend. When I post my 200 th post I'll come knocking at the door. Thanks for the invite!
Looking forward to it Clay!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
7.3 Rocket
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Once I have my license you guys can count on me. Provided you're broken down between 3 and 11 pm. Otherwise I'm in school or the state has a mandatory curfew. AGE-ISM I TELL YOU!! AGE-ISM!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
Could someone email me a password? I lost mine because my laptop took a **** on me and I lost it.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam0331
Could someone email me a password? I lost mine because my laptop took a **** on me and I lost it.
Adam send Neil a email through the RHN

Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Adam0331
I will reset it and PM you.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Adam0331
Posting Guru
I appreciate it!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:23 PM
c125bob
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One good BUMP deserves another !!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys we need MORE MEMBERS we need to expand our coverage it was rough last night with Kris and Kenny being out in the middle of no where and everyone was a few hrs away. We need to get a better coverage going on because you never know if you will need it one day as well. Even if you don't have a license, trailer or the tools the fact that you know the area and could give someone a number to a local mechanic, the fact you have a phone book REALLY helps out. Kris and Kenny last could have used the RHN to even just them pulled up to a parking lot and some place warm to sit while they waited on there for AAA to come get them.

So please guys if you meet the requirements to join and those are only so we know you will stick around please sign up. The RHN offers tools, parts, information so why not its a free service that could save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars and can give you or someone you know piece of mind.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:44 PM
tdpower
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would become a member but currently working only part time but very curious to what all is in that database. Guess I better get busy posting.........lol........

Quick Reply: RHN Membership and NEW RHN Forum