General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

At last Scientist find a cure for ADHD.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:23 PM
rangerfan
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At last Scientist find a cure for ADHD.

forwardOn: ADHD cure-video

Old 02-21-2009, 02:10 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice......

Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Dean88
Postmaster
If only people relized that how you are supposed to control kids, not with chemicals. I was a $#!thead when I was little but I learned real fast that my buttocks were gonna give out before my Dad would give up on me.

Old 02-21-2009, 05:10 PM
ckal704
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Oh, would that I could.........

Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,106 Likes on 4,190 Posts
For a long time I've maintained that ADD/ADHD was a cottage industry to keep psychiatrists/psychologists and special education teachers in jobs. A well placed slap on the **** by an adult who is in complete control is...in my opinion...a great cure...or at least a deterrent for the undesired behavior. I'm sure this is an over simplification...but...it worked for me and my five siblings!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Dean88
Postmaster
As I've learned the hard way, kids (especially males) only can be influenced by fear of pain or fear of hunger.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM
mercman86
Elder User
If i acted out when i was a kid all my dad had to do was say the word "belt" and i smartened up! Maybe parents today should instill that fear in their out of controll kids.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:00 PM
wizzard351
Postmaster
we've got a paddle hangin in the kitchen all the kids had the pleasure of signing said paddle the first time they got it used on them. kinda funny all there names are on it.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ahh, you guys got it all wrong!, You need to put kids in their "happy chair" and boost their "self esteem" when they act up............Thousands of young felons cant be wrong!

Old 02-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Svets96
Senior User
See this is the problem with today. These kids act up and the parents dont do anything but give them what they want. Than the kid goes through out life using people and being a self-centered pos. Then there are the ones who commit crimes and felons because of it too. They use the excuse oh i'm gonna call the family services on you. Please. All these medications they come up with to supposidly cure diseases are a way to keep the drug sector going. Its only gonna get worse as time goes on. Mainly it has to do with all of the stupid technology today, but thats how times change.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
70blue
Postmaster
I got a good laugh out of the video. That being said ADHD is very real and smacking people around is no way to cure it.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 AM
ddrumman2004
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 70blue
I got a good laugh out of the video. That being said ADHD is very real and smacking people around is no way to cure it.
I didn't find the video funny at all......it was stupid! Smacking a kid in the mouth?

I agree that ADHD is very real as I have seen kids that suffer from this, as well as their parents.
My 10 year old son has Asperger's Disorder and I discipline him the same way my parents did me....."Do that and you will get a spanking!" I learned real quick what my "boundaries" were! He is still learning!

My son has received paddlings at school and as he ages, his behavior is getting better. But alas, a lot of school districts can't use "corporal punishment" anymore so you see why we have the problems in the schools like we see on television.

I will spank my son in a heartbeat.......IF he needs it. But a smack across the mouth? No way!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:04 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ddrumman2004
I didn't find the video funny at all......it was stupid! Smacking a kid in the mouth?

I agree that ADHD is very real as I have seen kids that suffer from this, as well as their parents.
My 10 year old son has Asperger's Disorder and I discipline him the same way my parents did me....."Do that and you will get a spanking!" I learned real quick what my "boundaries" were! He is still learning!

My son has received paddlings at school and as he ages, his behavior is getting better. But alas, a lot of school districts can't use "corporal punishment" anymore so you see why we have the problems in the schools like we see on television.

I will spank my son in a heartbeat.......IF he needs it. But a smack across the mouth? No way!
My 17 year old is afflicted with the same disorder......his affliction was discovered when he was 8.......it took a few years, but by the time he was 11, he knew of his limits all two well.....he is a very good kid.....I receive compliments on his manners and politeness all the time from total strangers since we have moved to WV......it tkaes a LOT of patience to deal with Asperger's, God Bless you , your son and your family and friends and I pray they all have the understanding for his needs without bending too far in the wrong direction......

as for the video, DISGUSTING

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
CretePumper
Senior User
I come from a family of 8 kids, 6 boys 2 girls, when we messed up all it took was the ole' man and that hairy eyebrow, that look he gave was enough, we knew what that look meant all too well and what quickly followed it if we didn't comply promptly.

The ole man rarely had to spank any of us, we just knew from an early age, you play with the bull you will get the horns (real accountability), not just threats of what will happen, they were promises, that would be kept if you dare to call him on it.

But we all had respect for what the old boy was and did in life, as he always included us in everything he did, and would always teach us something, there was always a lesson to be learned, and oddly enough we generally listened, as he had a way of presenting it to us that we as kids could relate to.

The old man always made time for us !

Seems lack of accountability and Interest, combined with passive parenting has gotten the better of things these days and will only get worse as the basic principles of respect are ignored by those who are the teachers of it's fine art, You can't blame the student, for the short comings of the teacher.

You get out, what you put in !

I am a Father of 2 myself, and will not hesitate to spank my kids if they get out of line, I don't care where I am, but they too, much like myself have become subject to the Hairy eyebrow, in which most times is all that is needed to get their attention and my point across, essentially I have become my Father and proud of it.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:32 PM
wizzard351
Postmaster
exactly Bill that the way it should be! to bad kids nowday dont respect there folks or any older person for that matter,they think we're all wet and dont know anything. ive got a 12 year old that was goin down the same path i did and he was amazed at where itll get ya when i took him to visit a cop friend at the county jail. he didnt like the sound of bars when the door shut behind him even it iwas only for 10 min. as for the vidio i didnt look at it as smaking a kid in the mouth but rather forcful disaplin,and realy when some kid tells you to F off he desrve to be smakedin the mouth or a bar of soap

Quick Reply: At last Scientist find a cure for ADHD.