Notices
Modular V10 (6.8l)  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the most miles on their V10??

Old 04-30-2019, 04:26 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Bdox View Post
What is the COP?
Originally Posted by Sheepdogleader View Post
What is COP??????
Coil On Plug, as in "ignition coil on spark plug", aka "coil", applicable only on Ford's Modular Motors. They're also quite common in general these days on most all gasoline fueled engines.

Old 04-30-2019, 09:51 AM
Sheepdogleader
New User
Sheepdogleader is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just started to get a multiple cylinder misfire. I am investigating the issue at this time. You think it's a coil issue?

Old 04-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Bdox
Iconoclast
Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
Thanks for that definition. I don't do mechanic work much any more and the technology has passed me by.

Old 05-01-2019, 05:11 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sheepdogleader View Post
I just started to get a multiple cylinder misfire. I am investigating the issue at this time. You think it's a coil issue?
This really isn't the thread to ask about issues like this---create a new thread.

You will need to have the "codes" available as that will be the first question asked and most necessary to help with your problem.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:58 AM
Sunkinboat
New User
Sunkinboat is starting off with a positive reputation.
This kind of goes along with miles but how about engine hours?? Mine has 128,700 miles and yesterday I was looking things over and noticed it lists engine hours in the system check. Mine was at 4975, seems high for the mileage but nothing to compare it to. Wondering if anyone around the similar mileage could chime in. Also all you guys with higher mileage, have you always used the same brand of oil and filters and if so what are you running?

2009 F-250 SD SRW V10 FX4 129K

Old 05-03-2019, 04:07 AM
JWA
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sunkinboat View Post
This kind of goes along with miles but how about engine hours?? Mine has 128,700 miles and yesterday I was looking things over and noticed it lists engine hours in the system check. Mine was at 4975, seems high for the mileage but nothing to compare it to. Wondering if anyone around the similar mileage could chime in. Also all you guys with higher mileage, have you always used the same brand of oil and filters and if so what are you running?

2009 F-250 SD SRW V10 FX4 129K
I understand the PCM does keep track of accumulated hours of operation---I'd love to know mine since my work vans idle quite a bit during the winter keeping my parts and materials warm when working outside.

Most likely this info could be accessed with FORScan--have to dig into that one day soon.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Will090
New User
Will090 is starting off with a positive reputation.
V-10 Millage

Just rolled over 241,000 miles. I have done a good bit of work to it, but the core engine block/heads are original. Runs strong!