Notices

Seatcovers For Captain's Chairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:02 AM
DeGideo
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to know if there are some good,aftermarket seatcovers available for a 1990 Bronco set of captain's chairs,and where to get them.Thanks.

Old 08-01-2002, 11:07 PM
restorit
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DeGideo:

I've cited this source to several with the same question, and I've not heard any feedback as of yet, but J.C. Whitney is advertising custom fit seat covers for just about any year / make / model. These don't appear to be the cheapies that tie on with shoelaces (although they do carry those if you're interested); they install with hog rings and cover the entire seat and back. Given the amount of information they want about your particular vehicle, I've got to believe that they'd come reasonably close to a good fit. I want to try a set (front and rear) on my Bronco before this winter, but I've got to get the engine back together and in her first. Hope this helps......

Old 08-02-2002, 12:30 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

Thanks.I checked out their site.Looks like I'm going to order a set.They are a bit expensive,but like you said,they'll probably fit much better.I'm thinking of going with the saddle blanket style fabric in blue.I'd rather spend $109.95 for a good set than get a cheaper set that won't fit.I'm just going to cover the front buckets.

Old 08-03-2002, 09:11 AM
restorit
Posting Guru

Let me know what you think...... I agree. I'd like something that will cover both the front and the back of the seat, and I like the idea that they secure with hog rings. Pricey, yes, but not nearly as pricey as what I've been quoted to recover my seats from the local upholstery shop. I figure that I may need to purchase some foam or poly-fill from the local fabric shop to build my driver's seat back up, I'll cover them with the J.C Whitney's, ScotchGard them well, and be unafraid to sit on them. Not the case should I spend $600.00 to have mine redone - then I'd still be looking for seat covers to protect my precious "new" $600.00 seats!

Old 08-03-2002, 02:24 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

My Bronco's passenger seat,and rear bench are in excellent condition, but the driver's seat is just starting to get a small hole in it, and the side is getting worn. Yeah, I talked to a dealer about a red&white '90 Bronco which needed it's front driver's seat redone. He said he got a quote from a local shop that was over $500!!!Whew, I wonder what the total cost of replacing the carpeting, and having all the seats redone would be?Luckly,I don't have to do it all now, but who would've thought restoring a late-model vehicle would be so much? That's why I do so a little at a time. I'll be talking with a local paint shop, soon. I'm guessing a decent repaint of a two-tone "Victoria" paint job to be around $1,200-$1,500.It doesn't need much bodywork,but I know from my (then) new '93 dark green F-250 4x4,that even solid color paint jobs cost good money($1,350).The DEALERSHIP paid for that job! The shop that did the job did such a good job,I figure to go there first. I'll let you know how I like those seatcovers.

Old 08-03-2002, 07:37 PM
restorit
Posting Guru

I'd appreciate that..... when you get to the point of needing carpet, you may consider putting it in yourself. It's really fairly easy. My '85 originally had rubber matting which was falling apart, so I replaced it with an Auto Custom Carpets (ACC) kit. Everything was correctly molded, and it went in without a hitch. Good luck!

Old 08-12-2002, 01:46 PM
DeGideo
Posting Guru

I just got the seatcovers today.I put them on as a test fitting, and they seem to fit really well.The material is durable, and they look to be well made.Got them fast,too. Only took a week. They feel comfortable,too.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:45 PM
restorit
Posting Guru

Good deal! I'll have to order a set as soon as I get the engine back together and in. Thanks for the feedback!

Old 08-13-2002, 09:21 AM
Tex67
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Seatcovers For Captain's Chairs

Old 10-11-2003, 11:57 PM
BigBully
Senior User
Re: Seatcovers For Captain's Chairs

Originally posted by DeGideo
I just got the seatcovers today.I put them on as a test fitting, and they seem to fit really well.The material is durable, and they look to be well made.Got them fast,too. Only took a week. They feel comfortable,too.
Im also looking for replacement covers. Can you tell me if the covers you got are replacements or do they go over the original covers?? Do they Hog Ring on?
Thank you,

Old 10-15-2003, 10:51 PM
JOEBASQUEZ
New User
Cool

Can someone help me. Can I put a 02' 40/20/40 superduty bench seat into an 02' superduty with captian's chairs. I want to switch the seat out for the bench seat. Will everything match up, even the seat belts? Thanks for any help possible.

Last edited by JOEBASQUEZ; 10-15-2003 at 10:53 PM.