Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

The REAL DEAL OH Freak'n Feb B/S session

Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The REAL DEAL OH Freak'n Feb B/S session

Okay, we made it to Feburary. Heard the Steelers won yesterday(who cares?----ok some people do). We had a heat blast come thru(41 deg) so got to hear the snow melt all day while working on the "new" truck. It needed plugs/wires, install the CB, Sirius antenna, working on remote start next.

Hoping for a steady increase in temperatures now? Yes? Hopefully?

Come on SPRING!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree.....come on spring!!
I will see it in a few weeks as soon as I head south again. I had a buddy over yesterday and we worked on my truck. He and I used to go to school together and drive my 56 f100. We cruised in my 53 and talked about things and had a blast.
We went to eat....and the 3 tvs were on and ALL had the game on....so I got up and turned 1 on to the news. MAN DID THE PEOPLE GET TORQUED OFF!!
I held my ground and not everyone watches football...and the manager came and let us watch what I put on the tv.
My buddy and I laughed and said....we are older and still got the guts to back each othe up!! Good Friends ---a GOOD DAY!! Bill.....oh and he is from Pittsburgh.haha

Old 02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 835 Likes on 473 Posts
I need the snow to melt as I have the 55 panel on the trailer and now its all snowed in. I need to get it into the shop for some DEMO!

I'm now driving the 2002 chrysler voyager mini van, wife is happy in her new mercury mariner. I'll be happier too with getting 7-8 miles to the gallon better fuel mileage than the F150.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Got asked at lunch today....."Where did you watch the Superbowl at?". I laughed and said "what superbowl?" LOL!!! I've watched it before when asked to be at a SB party, but surely won't watch it by myself. I don't ask these people if they came to watch me race, why does everyone think you HAVE to watch football(ie: overpaid, whiny-azz sob's).

Old 02-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Well I did watch the game at my buddies house. I hate the Steelers (I'm a Browns fan) and wanted to see them lose. Oh well you can't always get what you want.

Anyway I'm with you guys in wanting spring to come around. Can't get here soon enought.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I watch the super bowl for the commercials (they weren't that good) game was good it wasn't a shut out.Freightrain i watched you race and plan to go again to see U.M.T.R.again.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Cool!

The schedule is posted for 2009
UMTR north - Stick shift racing

Old 02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
F250FarmBoy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Fav. commercials were the doritos one with the crystal ball and the Miller high life one that you missed it if you blinked. It was a second long...all it was was a fat black guy in front of a ton of cases of beer and he yelled "High Life".....that was it.

The warm weather was nice, but then it all froze and everything is now as smooth as glass and as slippery as oil on glass. Fell 3 times today alone and almost lost control of the car because of a freakin amish buggy......I swear those things come out of thin air!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
They need to consider regulations for the Amish and have a separate amish lane for their buggies.
On 534 alot of Amish drive it,and a separate lane would be a no-brainer!!
They make lanes for bicycles,and for sidewalks.....the Amish NEED their own lane.
Bill

Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
I say make the amish pay for it! Those dang horses are really hard on the road surface.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Try living in Holmes county like I do. I grew up around buggies my whole life so you get use to it and don't think much about it when you deal with it all the time. The tourist are a bigger danger then the buggies anymore anyway.

As far as Amish paying for the roads (.i.e. tags, licenses) fat chance at least around here. It would not go over well for any politician who tried to enact such a thing.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
I believe you are correct on the tourist being the bigger danger, I know when I drive down thru there I find myself running up on them quickly.

Maybe they need an Horse power upgrade, LMAO! (Trying to keep it truck related)

Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
The taxpayers need to front the bill and not the Amish. It will save lives and folks driving up on the *** of the Amish are fools...and just looking for a wreck. You know you are in Amish country and you drive like a bat out of hell.....what are you thinking?
They have the right to be on the roads,and with the lane designation for ''AMISH BUGGIES ONLY'' -you could maintain a 35-45 mph speed limit and not scare the crap out of the horses.
The Amish and Mennonite communities bring in alot of tourism to Ohio and especially HOLMES county,Ohio.
I saved the lives of 16 amish with my truck in 1999 when a speeder and an Amish buggy collided and I took them to the hospital. It was the 1st load I hauled in my new dodge diesel truck,and never thought it would be a load of people. We were packed as tight as could be to get my wife and all them in the truck. The Amish were coming back from a trip , and this jackass was going over 65 and drove around and into them.
We were all holding babys-as they had a newborn and a 1 and 2 yr old and wow--alot of kids.
Ohio needs the revenue of tourism,and we all need to give them respect.
If the economy keeps on the way it has been--we will be asking them for help!!
LOL/Bill

Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM
F250FarmBoy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I make a run into Holmes County from Wayne Co. a few times hauling cattle and I have to laugh every time I cross the county line. You can see where they resurfaced the roads in Wayne UP TO the green "Enter ..... Leaving....." sign and after that its like driving on the moon. They are absolutely the worst paved roads ever!

My dad's a vet who's soon to retire, so I used to go everywhere with him on calls out to the amish when I was a little kid. And amish communities are the ONLY place I've ever seen a phone booth. They are funny when it comes to their beliefs. Like they cant drive cars, but they can run tractors/machinery/bobcats/etc. They can run rubber tires, but they cant be pneumatic. They can use a public phone, but cant run one in their homes.

But they can get by all by themselves even if we have a great depression, they grow their own foods, make their own clothes/goods, and sell their excess for money...and they have been doing that for generations.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I know that Amish do pay taxes also....and the lane I speak of would save lives,and keep the tourism alive --you know how little kids are when they see the horse on the road.....look...look Mom /Dad....and how often do you see that today?
F250FB---That must have been fun running with your Dad and going to help the animals. I laugh also,at county lines and how the road is paved nice and the other side isn't...and just go to rural Florida,around Ocala and see the sand roads and then see the pavement.
Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The REAL DEAL OH Freak'n Feb B/S session