2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical problem with heater/ac controls - 2004 Lariat V8 Triton

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
8^o
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical problem with heater/ac controls - 2004 Lariat V8 Triton

Any idea what might cause the heater/ac control assembly to cycle on/off repeatedly? Off for five seconds, on for one second, off for five, on for one........... I could hear a relay clicking over by the glove box as it was happening, but not sure if it's the culprit. This morning is the first time it's ever happened and everything else seems to be functioning normally otherwise.

I will add that the original/previous owner reported an electrical issue to the dealer while it was under warranty, but it was supposed to have been fixed. And when I bought it I assumed it was, but since then (3 years ago), twice when I've gone to get in and turn the key, all the dash/contol/radio lights have gone berserk. I waited a little bit each time and the problem disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. So I don't know if this is part of that same issue or a different one, I just need to get to the bottom of it and need a good place to start. Thanks