2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice for Buying

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
ZWilson07
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice for Buying

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->Yes im about to buy a 2004 F150 and I have 7 to 8 thousand cash to spend. My family is really into vehicles so we go to auctions and get vehicles for alot cheaper than one would say the blue book value is, and due to my family being very good with them and as mechanics, we usually always get a great deal. But i was just wondering your alls thoughts on it, Im wanted a 2004 F150 4by4. perferibly supercrew, but will settle with supercab. what do ual think would be my best option as fas as other detials go with it such as packages and etc and what price uall would expect thanks, Zach. im new so just like to introduce myself. and if at all possible whoever reads this thread, could you do your best to give me the best info you have, last time i got plenty of views but not one single repost back. any info would help

Old 02-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Greg B
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the site. If it were me, I'd get the 5.4L, trailer tow package, XLT. The 5.4L gets about the same MPG as 4.6L does and has more grunt. I don't like the EATC climate control on the FX4's and Lariats myself. They're nice while they work, but can be a pain to diagnose when they don't. If you can swing it, an 06 s'crew with the 6.5' bed would be the way I'd go. That way if it doesn't have the 35.7 gallon fuel tank on it you can retrofit one in. Any 04-newer XLT or above trim package is nice. The FX4 is a nice package all around, but the EATC is a deal breaker for me. But for the right price I could be persuaded. You might find a nice deal on a lease return at auction. Ford leased a lot of trucks during that time. Good Luck.

Greg B