N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Looking for Locals: Belmont/Redwood City

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 05:21 PM
unibudd
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Locals: Belmont/Redwood City

I just moved here from Canada, and had to leave my 1977 F-100 back home. I am currently living in Belmont, and am looking for another 1970's truck. Is there anyone who would be interested in going to see some trucks with me? I'm not too sure what the going rates are on some of the trucks and dont want to get taken advantage of.

If you have some spare time, send me an e-mail at:
unibudd@gmail.com or call 650-620-2495

Thanks,
Budd

Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi Budd, welcome to the forum! As it happens we have a number of bumpside owners here in the local chapter, including our chapter leader Karl (fastmover) and myself, and a couple of dentside owners as well. I would bet we could find someone to lend you a hand. I'll be in Petaluma this weekend so if you come up with anything to look at in that area I could probably free up a little time to help you. Craigslist is always a good place to start.

And be sure to put in a join request to Karl to become a member of No. Cal chapter. We do activities together, both social and truck related.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
Talking Hey Budd.

Originally Posted by unibudd
I just moved here from Canada, and had to leave my 1977 F-100 back home. I am currently living in Belmont, and am looking for another 1970's truck. Is there anyone who would be interested in going to see some trucks with me? I'm not too sure what the going rates are on some of the trucks and dont want to get taken advantage of.

If you have some spare time, send me an e-mail at:
unibudd@gmail.com or call 650-620-2495

Thanks,
Budd
Looks like you'll have no problems getting the help you need.

To the California Boys,Budds a good guy so please take good care of him.

P.S. Budd bring me back a 79 Bronco.

Rick, member of the Ontario Chapter and certified Big Bronco Nut.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:32 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
Hey Budd,

Welcome to the forum. How about a little more info re: condition and price range. I think a 70's f100 is going to pretty much fall into two categories in San Mateo County. Nicely kept up or work(ed) truck. Craig's List has a couple listings for a 70's era truck.

2 Ford Trucks ('78 & '79) For Sale
also an 80's
84 ford f150

I live in San Mateo, the next city north of Belmont. I'd be happy to hook up with you. Time is pretty limited right now, but if you can give me a little notice I'm sure we can work something out. I have school Tuesday & Thursday nights Work in Oakland and usually get home between 6 and 7p and hope to get a least 1 day a weekend up skiing through April.

You might try cruising down El Camino between 37th Ave in San Mateo and Woodside Road in Redwood City. There are a number of used car dealerships lining the road. Also in San Carlos, just south of the train station, on El Camino often times there will be a good number of vehicles for sale by owner parked along the road -usually on the weekends. You'll find them parked on the east side (the one traveling North). San Jose might be a another place to look- huge population down there. Also If you are set on a 70's f100 you might want to check out in the valley and foothills. There used to be an old guy that owned an F100 parts shop in Clements, Ca - a little town about 100 miles East of here. He was pretty old when I last saw him in the late eighties and I'm not sure the shop's there anymore.

To be honest though I think you'll have better luck looking for a newer model truck- Although there is someone within a few blocks of me that has a pretty sweet f100 w/ a built 390- I see him around every so often- pretty sure he's not interested in selling though.

Good Luck
Tim

Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
unibudd
New User
Tim,

I have my heart set on a 1970's. I'm looking for something to use as a daily driver while I'm in California, then drive back to Canada in August. I have found and test drove a few. No luck yet. I might be looking at the one this on the weekend. Let me know if you (or anyone else in the area) would like to come along.

On another note, where abouts do you go skiing? I was looking to get out while I'm here.

Thanks,
Budd

Old 02-12-2009, 11:35 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
Hey Budd,

This weekend is somewhat open- the wife and I had plans to go to Death Valley but those have fallen through. So we may just take a day or two and head out somewhere close by. Point Reyes maybe or somewhere along the coast- high surf warnings are in effect so we'll sort of play it by ear. I've sent you an email.

As far as skiing this hasn't been the best year but the next week or so should improve it greatly. Recommendations are somewhat dependent are your skill set. However there are about a dozen+ resorts within a 3-4 hour drive of here. I get my season pass for Kirkwood- advanced & expert terrain is awesome there. Snow is usually better than many other resorts due to higher base elevation. Beginner intermediate is a less desirable due to their limited lift system- my wife, an intermediate skier, gets bored after 1/2 day of skiing there. There is little to do when not skiing. Squaw is my favorite- but a season pass is 3-4 times as much as Kirkwoods. The wife likes Squaw & Northstar so I usually go there with her- both of those can get overcrowded easily on weekends/holidays. If you can only go one place - go to Squaw Sun-Thur and you'll be pleased, impressed and frightened(if you want). Sugar Bowl is fun as well as being an easier commute than most others. Also buy your lift tickets around here- Any Mountain in Redwood City, REI in San Carlos, Helm of Sun Valley in San Mateo all have discount tickets that will save you some money. If you're into a nightlife after skiing you may want to consider Heavenly in south shore. Best skiing of the season is often in March and most resorts close mid-April. Kirkwood usually closes the last weekend in April, Squaw on Memorial day, Alpine Meadows somewhere in between the two.

Where and when were you thinking of looking this weekend?

Tim

Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
We've talked about doing a No. Cal. Chapter ski trip, got close to happening last winter but things kept coming up and it never quite happened. I'm all for trying it again this winter. Oldfordsnstone lives in Markleeville, not too far from Kirkwood, so that's where we were planning to go. We oughta make this happen...

Old 02-13-2009, 12:20 AM
pilot10
More Turbo
Originally Posted by TigerDan
We've talked about doing a No. Cal. Chapter ski trip, got close to happening last winter but things kept coming up and it never quite happened. I'm all for trying it again this winter. Oldfordsnstone lives in Markleeville, not too far from Kirkwood, so that's where we were planning to go. We oughta make this happen...
Did someone say ski trip? I'm in. Markleeville to Kirkwood is about 25 miles plus Markleeville has hot springs.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
unibudd
New User
Tim,

I'm thinking about going to see a '68 short bed style side tomorrow in Woodside. Most likely in the morning or early afternoon. Are you available to come out?

-Budd

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Bart8109
Senior User
Hey Budd, any luck?

And Tim I'm also in SM behind Hillsdale mall. Whatcha drivin? Always got the eye out for other Fords Pickups, maybe seen yours. Couple of nice ones driving around here.
Bart

Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 PM
unibudd
New User
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the support. I settled on a 1966 F100. I have a down payment on it and need to go back to Antioch to get it this Wednesday evening. Is anyone up for a road trip? Else I will be taking the BART.

Thanks,
Budd