British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

BC Chapter February all topics/bs thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Are you a tenter or do you have a camper or do you pull something?

Old 02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No we tent it. I have been thinking about getting a trailer though.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
I know when we got our first trailer we could never go back to a tent, and I had always said if you're not in a tent you're not camping.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:14 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
I like tenting, we can get it to alot of tight spots. but It would be nice to have a bit more comfort

Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
We started with a 78 17 1/2' trailer. Then up to a 24 1/2' 5th wheel that we actually lived in for about 6 months. Last spring we got a screaming deal on a 98 30' 5th wheel. Yes we are now spoiled.

The only problem is there are spots we cannot get into. We camp mostly at places where there are full hookups. Hopefully this year we can pick up a generator so we can do some provincial sites. Yes we are spoiled.

The spot we normally camp at is right on the river so I can do some flyfishing and look like a fool.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
I was looking at a tent trailer last fall. It had a spot on the front to carry quads and bikes. But it was a little to expensive $17,500 plus tax. So i'm trying to find a use one a bit cheaper

Old 02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
That's a little pricey. We paid $8500.00 for our 5th wheel. If you're willing to wait you can most likely find something decent for a reasonable price.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
I had a tent trailer in the past, it was great, and you could forget you were towing it, it pulled that easily.

I have tented for many many years before the tent trailer.
Then sold that to, and back to tenting for a while.
Then bought a small camper, and hated it, it was tiny.
Then I bought a 27 foot Terry travel trailer, and it was awesome, but cannot tow any toys and it.
So I just traded it on a sweet snowbird camper to go on the truck.
Now we can tow sleds, boats, race car etc. again.
Really looking forward to it.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
Ya I'm not in a big hurry, I going to wait till i find exactly what i want for a good price. I want another truck too. I'm looking for a mid 90's powerstroke.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Zip
We started with a 78 17 1/2' trailer. Then up to a 24 1/2' 5th wheel that we actually lived in for about 6 months. Last spring we got a screaming deal on a 98 30' 5th wheel. Yes we are now spoiled.

The only problem is there are spots we cannot get into. We camp mostly at places where there are full hookups. Hopefully this year we can pick up a generator so we can do some provincial sites. Yes we are spoiled.

The spot we normally camp at is right on the river so I can do some flyfishing and look like a fool.
Chris, don't you miss the ability to haul your toys with it though?

Even with my bumper pull trailer, at least I had some room to haul motorbikes, a quad, or a anowmobile, heck my inflatable achilles and yami outboard even.

I always avoided anything with a 5th wheel or gooseneck, as at least with my hitch ball i still had a box.

Or do you tow the trailer, and maybe the wifes drives another truck and tows the toys?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
I don't have any toys. Sad as that may seem. The only toy I had was a snowmachine and that went away shortly after getting married.

My wife has said she would like to get another one, so that means getting two, then a deck for the truck. Oh well it's only money I guess. Maybe next year.

That's the problem with the 5th wheel it takes up the box. I suppose if we were ever to get a quad or bike we would switch to a bumper pull.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
Originally Posted by Zip
I don't have any toys. Sad as that may seem. The only toy I had was a snowmachine and that went away shortly after getting married.

My wife has said she would like to get another one, so that means getting two, then a deck for the truck. Oh well it's only money I guess. Maybe next year.

That's the problem with the 5th wheel it takes up the box. I suppose if we were ever to get a quad or bike we would switch to a bumper pull.

You could get a gearbox 5th wheel. They are a bit expensive, but you could look for a used one. They are a pretty sweet set up.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
warriormama
Posting Guru
You are not camping if you sleep in a trailer lol

Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Zip

I last summer saw a 46 foot toy hauler....that will give you enough living room, and space for 2 quads or 2 sleds....

Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by warriormama
You are not camping if you sleep in a trailer lol
Sush

Originally Posted by Saleenguy
I last summer saw a 46 foot toy hauler....that will give you enough living room, and space for 2 quads or 2 sleds....
46' geeze I'm almost thinking my 30' is too much. That thing probably cost a kabillion $$$$.

Quick Reply: BC Chapter February all topics/bs thread