1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My Anti-rattler window fuzzies work well

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 11:20 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
My Anti-rattler window fuzzies work well

The last two days Central PA has had a lot of thunderstorms popping up. I came back from mowing and got caught in a real down pour yesterday. Of course my windows steamed up quickly. I Put new anti rattler window fuzzies in my 55 F350 when I got it painted last spring. I found out that they really do wipe the fog off the windows.

My vent window rubbers, I'm not pleases with however. They don't seal well. See the daylight around the pivot?

Has anyone else noticed this with new vent rubbers?

Old 05-30-2019, 12:28 AM
Scotty's 52 F3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I had a little light show through near the latch on mine. I used a dab of black silicone to fix it. Wasn't as bad as your pic shows though.

Old 05-30-2019, 04:28 AM
mytoolman
Laughing Gas
Received 67 Likes on 32 Posts
My Vent windows do the same thing....there is a little gap there....we dont get much rain in San Diego...and my truck is parked INSIDE a building at night MOST of the time. Occasionally I will break the law and park the truck on the street when I am passing my home on the way coming south from the San Diego North County Coastal Part of my Route. Those of you looking at a map...I (also) service Carlsbad, Encinitas and Leucadia...and live in Carmel Valley...that is just east of I 5 at DelMar...the very wealthy live west of the 5--in DelMar---those of us who arent there money wise live east of the 5...those 10 lanes of freeway...mean the difference of millions of dollars in home costs...oh and the fact that the famous 101 is just west of those I 5 west most lanes coming south and the 101 lanes are at the sand of the Pacific Ocean.. My condominium sits just 2 miles from those beaches....When coming south sometimes I detour home instead of continuing south another 8 miles to park in the building at night...The traffic can be brutal and my truck somehow finds itself taking that off ramp at DelMar Heights a few times per year...I usually say to myself , Ill venture out a little later to continue south to the building...often that is B.S....it ends up parked on the street there just outside our complex...I mention this because when I do this the morning dew is often INSIDE my truck...One time it was so wet in there, the brain for the ambulance siren one of my Dodge Dealership guys traded me for a first aid survival roll was covered in dew also and ruined....I was able to get another one out of Texas. You have to be licensed here as a fire department or police or such to have one of these sirens in California...I dont have any other function other than the "air horn" function wired...so I justify that to be OK....California can kiss my.....again... this time Im not legal doing it... I now have this replacement siren brain in a gallon zip lock bag behind the seat of my truck. the wires that come up from under the floorboard are bundled together with the small underdash type of a.c. unit that is hidden under the seat...my generator that runs the a.c. for the box and my showroom also powers this cab a.c......I dont want to modify my dash and or add a compressor under the hood etc...open the hood see 1955....except for the now added coolant filter...that mounts mostly out of sight where the horn on the passenger side was until like 3 days ago...That horn didnt work anyway....but looked cool...the siren horn does a great job....I might wire up the other parts of it so I can give the techs I see a buzz.....

There are not any cab over door weather strips available...my painter friend did a great job of fitting the F series weather strips to my COE doors....but the doors dont seal I can see daylight at different points....It almost looks like the door needs to be BENT some to actually make those rubbers touch...the gap is like a 1/16th of an inch at the top of the door on the passenger side.....I dont park outside all but maybe 5 times a year...I dont sleep well when Ethyl is parked on the street....I have made sure the alarm flashes that red light so the cab glows AND the mostly curtained at night showroom door window has a red flashing glow to it so those with bad intentions think twice about any crap. I also park close enough to my unit that I can hear the alarm and I promise, It would only take me seconds to get to her if that special noise she will make ever happens and the warning signal from my phone does its thing...there are a few surprises a thief will then encounter if he should get in and start her and one he should be expecting...me with all my willingness to do him as much harm as I can muster can we say goodbye knee caps, ***** etc.....I only have Ethyl because my prior tool truck a 2006 Freightliner MT45 was stolen Aug 21, 2015 while parked in an outdoor storage facility in Miramar Ca.......It took me 2 years to put her together and my business back together after that mess..my financial recovery is just starting to happen....just the fact she is unique is sort of a theft deterrent. My San Diego Police Techs have been good to me in cluing their street cop brothers about me also...so If a radio call came out about a 1955 Ford COE Box truck sporting Old Glory all over it and with a cab of Bright Red and Black (in case they roll it around a corner and roll white latex paint on the box like they did to my Freightliner Mt 45...might have taken them 10 minutes to apply white house paint to cover my Matco Graphics on the stolen truck...when it was recovered it was a plain white truck unless you looked close enough...those pro thieves are PRO,s....my stolen mt45 looked like any other step van when that ahole was done...my 63 year old cab wont help him here....pretty hard to hide that.....in a few minutes.....I guess if he comes with a big enough tow truck....but then again...I pretty much sandwich her in....see guys the pain from the prior theft still remains....I diverted because of it from my original thing in joining the issue of how leaks are present....

Old 05-30-2019, 06:23 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Take a breath man and lay off the java...

Old 05-30-2019, 07:03 AM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty's 52 F3
I had a little light show through near the latch on mine. I used a dab of black silicone to fix it. Wasn't as bad as your pic shows though.
The vent rubbers I bought for my 54 back in 1999 do not have this gap...

Old 06-02-2019, 01:38 PM
Glxy66
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I just noticed on my 56 that the vent rubber and door seals are deteriorating after only 6 months on the vents and a year on the doors. Always parked under a shed with plenty of air flow and no direct sunlite. Discouraging to say the least. The vent window seals never did fit right nor did the holes for the pivot points line up anyway. Lots of parts only a click away but the quality seems to be lacking. Just my $.10!