Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

Are BC laws really this retarded

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyCanadianGuy
Speaking of INSANE BC laws, I drive truck for a living, and travel to BC occasionally, and I wondered if 1 ton pick-ups are exempted from scales? In AB it says AT the scale that they are, but in BC it only mentions the GVW and all of our 1 tons are over that weight empty. Anyone know this answer? What about holiday trailers?
Must be I have never been told I have to stop. As for holiday trailers I have never been stopped. It's 30' and weighs about 8000 lbs loaded.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by bigrigfixer
Did they take the curve out of the Patullo bridge?
I hate driving on that bridge. Seems like every time I go over it has gotten narrower.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM
don merke
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb hate of bridges leads to restoration prodjects hum?

try the 2 old wooden /steal bridges from marine+fraser to lulu island in the real fogs of the old days and know what real hate is all about more skid marks on the sides than the last ice age coming through the fraser canyonthanks for the memory

Old 02-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
You want narrow, try what in kamloops is know as "The Red Bridge" it crosses the south Thompson river.

That sucker is narrow.

My enclosed snowmobile trailer ir 8"4" wide and it has about an inch clearance per side crossing that sucker.

I crossed it before I knew that it was illegal to take big trucks or any sort of trailer across it.
I understnad why now.
Me doing about 8 kms / hr across it just sweating, when I had the trailer in tow loaded with 4 sleds in it.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
I have been across the Red Bridge before.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
Oh man when ever you have to cross the red bridge just make sure your going the fastest. If your the fastest everyone will hug the side and give you a little extra room. lolol

OH and if you have a newer Ford (w/ tow mirrors), and you like your mirrors fold them in. If you don't and you meet another newer truck with tow mirrors. You will get to find out how much replacement mirrors cost.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Hallworth
Oh man when ever you have to cross the red bridge just make sure your going the fastest. If your the fastest everyone will hug the side and give you a little extra room. lolol

OH and if you have a newer Ford (w/ tow mirrors), and you like your mirrors fold them in. If you don't and you meet another newer truck with tow mirrors. You will get to find out how much replacement mirrors cost.

I have only lived in the "Loops" a few years, lived north most of my life.

But before I ever moved here i am sure i pissed of half the drivers in kamloops.

Must be 5 years ago, pull into kamloops with 6 of us squeezed into my old F350 diesel, had 2 sleds on the deck, and towing an enclosed trailer that was 8'4 wide, and 32 ' long, and it was full of sleds to.

Its snowing like crazy out, and its dark.

We are lost, and trying to figure out how to get to the north shore.
So i pull off HWY 5, and onto the rez, and we stop at the arctic cat dealer, damn its already closed gfor the day, so off i go across the red bridge, I am freaked out, and sure i have terrified every other driver i meet on the damn bridge.
Then across town we head, and finaly find the road to the north shore to meet a guy i have a bunch of parts in the trailer for.
As i round the sharp right hand corner onto the bridge that crosses over to the north shore, in the snow storm and darkeness I cannot see its TWO lanes wide each way.
It looks narow, and i am driving a wide beast of truck and trailer, and have already been on the road for 10 hours.
So I use what I now realize is both of the lanes goinf onto the bridge and across the bridge.
No damn way anyone could have passed me as I was driving along right down the center....LOL

My next trip to the Loops it was daylight, and not snowing.
As I came to the bridge I could clearly see the center lines, and that its two lanes......OOOOPPPS
I felt like a ral idiot, and then understood the guy that passed me around the area of the north hills mall honking his horn and looking all pissed off.....At the time I was thinking, geez what a jerk.

Don't you love driving a large load in a strange town, in a blizzard and darkness?

Old 02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
Well in the next few years. They are going to build a new bridge and turn the red bridge into walking bridge ( its a historical site)

Old 02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate that red bridge. I stay away from it whenever I'm in Loops.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
It had its place about 50 years ago. I dunno it i should tell you guys this, but what the hell. For every one who didn't know the deck on the red bridge is wood planks with black top laid over the top. Now growing up in Kamloops I have had the Horror of walking across the bridge and watching deck bounce and roll as people drive over it. Not really rated for diesel trucks. lol

Old 02-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bigrigfixer
I hate that red bridge. I stay away from it whenever I'm in Loops.

When just driving my empty truck or the car its easy to cross.

But its spooky and illegal when towing my sled trailer....I wish i had seen the sign before i got onto that bridge.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
It had its place about 50 years ago. I dunno it i should tell you guys this, but what the hell. For every one who didn't know the deck on the red bridge is wood planks with black top laid over the top. Now growing up in Kamloops I have had the Horror of walking across the bridge and watching deck bounce and roll as people drive over it. Not really rated for diesel trucks. lol

Its fun to jump off of though on a hot summer day.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Zip
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Saleenguy
Its fun to jump off of though on a hot summer day.
If ya can swim.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Hallworth
Elder User
I wouldn't jump off that thing. Its like playing Russian Roulette. There is so many big pieces concrete, Metal and other misc crap under that thing.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
I wouldn't jump off that thing. Its like playing Russian Roulette. There is so many big pieces concrete, Metal and other misc crap under that thing.
The people that jump regularly marked the spot to jump with a blue dot spray painted on it.

I saw a lot of people jumping oneday so parked my bike and joined them.
They showed me the place to jump from.

Look for the blue paint in a circle about a foot in diameter.

Quick Reply: Are BC laws really this retarded