The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Lets see pics of your rigs!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:22 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80
The left front tire blew out on me in the middle of a turn,so into oncoming traffic I went.I jerked the wheel to avoid an oncoming car,and the trees were about 2 feet from the edge of the roadway,so I had no time to react.I was pretty upset over it and made the mistake of turning the truck over to the towing company,and one of the drivers took it and fixed it up with a bunch of wrong parts and drove it himself.It had a 189,000 miles on the original transmission though,so I know it didn't last him long.I'm still tryin to find the truck,and hopefully whoever owns it(if it's even still around)will want to sell it so I can put the right parts back on it and restore it.It was my first truck that was driveable.
189k... that's not really all that much. We've had the '87 on it for maybe six years, and it's well past 200k miles and runs better than ever on all original drivetrain.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman
189k... that's not really all that much. We've had the '87 on it for maybe six years, and it's well past 200k miles and runs better than ever on all original drivetrain.
Well,the lady I bought it from pulled horse trailers with it,and it was just a 2.5/4R44E combo.It always bucked going from 1st to 2nd,which might have been related to the 4R44E recall from 1999,but i'm not sure.No doubt about it a fully loaded two horse trailer probably wasn't good for the transmission at all.I used to have friends who saw the truck all the time,but now they say they don't see it anymore which leads me to think it quit on him.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Well,the lady I bought it from pulled horse trailers with it,and it was just a 2.5/4R44E combo.It always bucked going from 1st to 2nd,which might have been related to the 4R44E recall from 1999,but i'm not sure.No doubt about it a fully loaded two horse trailer probably wasn't good for the transmission at all.I used to have friends who saw the truck all the time,but now they say they don't see it anymore which leads me to think it quit on him.
Well, that is a bit much for a baby truck like that.

By the way, in response to your signature: Crops are green, barns are red, tractors are blue.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
What kind of crops are you growin' ?

Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Well, that is a bit much for a baby truck like that.

By the way, in response to your signature: Crops are green, barns are red, tractors are blue.
Yea it is.I was preparing for a transmission rebuild since the day I bought it.

lol,I'm an IH man,so if there's a tractor on my property,it's gonna be red.But my trucks will always be blue.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Yea it is.I was preparing for a transmission rebuild since the day I bought it.

lol,I'm an IH man,so if there's a tractor on my property,it's gonna be red.But my trucks will always be blue.
I farm with a pair of Ford 5000's, a late '60's and early '70's model. My grandfather has all IH and Farmall tractors... but John Deere combines.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
I farm with a pair of Ford 5000's, a late '60's and early '70's model. My grandfather has all IH and Farmall tractors... but John Deere combines.
Cool man.My Grandpa is diehard Farmall.Last I checked,he had about 7 or 8 F20's,and 2 M's,one being a restored Super M.Not sure if it's original or not though.All the F20's are original and still run,even after 70 years of service.I wish I could get the Super M and one of the F20's.My grandpa just uses the tractors to run the bush hog and do minor jobs.He used to raise cattle and swine,but he retired and just spends his day working on the tractors and going to parades.What a life.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Cool man.My Grandpa is diehard Farmall.Last I checked,he had about 7 or 8 F20's,and 2 M's,one being a restored Super M.Not sure if it's original or not though.All the F20's are original and still run,even after 70 years of service.I wish I could get the Super M and one of the F20's.My grandpa just uses the tractors to run the bush hog and do minor jobs.He used to raise cattle and swine,but he retired and just spends his day working on the tractors and going to parades.What a life.
My grandfather's in his mid-80's, and still farms 1500 acres. He'd be farming 2,000, but he was leasing 500 from people who decided it would be more profitable to have the land sprout houses instead of corn.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Here is my 2004 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab FX4. It has 05-07 front end, smoked cab lights and mirror blinkers, 7" DVD/GPS radio and more.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
My grandfather's in his mid-80's, and still farms 1500 acres. He'd be farming 2,000, but he was leasing 500 from people who decided it would be more profitable to have the land sprout houses instead of corn.
Man that sucks.That really annoys me,all the farmland being bought up in place of houses.They really need to start selling vacant houses before they build new ones.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Man that sucks.That really annoys me,all the farmland being bought up in place of houses.They really need to start selling vacant houses before they build new ones.
Amen... redevelop the land they've already screwed up before they build on any more, too.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
Amen... redevelop the land they've already screwed up before they build on any more, too.
Ha but its cheaper to build new ones!

I am with you guys though its real sad, I am just happy that the PineBarrens are protected from development and they keep putting land into farmland preservation.

What really makes me angry is all these people who move out here to be in the "country" then get pissed when the deer eat there plants or get they get stuck behind a slow moving truck/tractor when they are driving 20mph over the limit to go get there darn lattes.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mstiles19
Ha but its cheaper to build new ones!

I am with you guys though its real sad, I am just happy that the PineBarrens are protected from development and they keep putting land into farmland preservation.

What really makes me angry is all these people who move out here to be in the "country" then get pissed when the deer eat there plants or get they get stuck behind a slow moving truck/tractor when they are driving 20mph over the limit to go get there darn lattes.
My farm, and a couple near me, are in farmland preservation.

And don't even get me started with the transplanted suburbanites who can't deal with heavy equipment on the road... if not for split brakes and my being hyper-attentive, there's a woman and her kids whose station wagon would have become a coffin a couple summers back when she tried passing me on the left while I was making a left hand turn with some empty wagons behind the 5000... I don't know where that broad was the day they taught hand signals in drivers ed, but she needs to go back.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
I couldn't agree with y'all more.

Honkin ain't gonna save em no time either.When my grandpa runs his tractors,he goes his own pace.Everyone else can just go round.I'd love to be runnin a JD 9620 down a two lane road.Try passin that.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
I couldn't agree with y'all more.

Honkin ain't gonna save em no time either.When my grandpa runs his tractors,he goes his own pace.Everyone else can just go round.I'd love to be runnin a JD 9620 down a two lane road.Try passin that.
It's fun when I have to take the roller harrow anywhere... If I were to drive down the middle of the road, the ends of it would still reach the shoulder about. And it doesn't fold up. The farms were here before the roads were, so they can drop their complaints where the sun don't shine, if you catch my meaning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets see pics of your rigs!