Lets see pics of your rigs! - Page 17 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Reload this Page >

Lets see pics of your rigs!

Notices
The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Lets see pics of your rigs!

 
  #241  
Old 04-10-2010, 08:22 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
The left front tire blew out on me in the middle of a turn,so into oncoming traffic I went.I jerked the wheel to avoid an oncoming car,and the trees were about 2 feet from the edge of the roadway,so I had no time to react.I was pretty upset over it and made the mistake of turning the truck over to the towing company,and one of the drivers took it and fixed it up with a bunch of wrong parts and drove it himself.It had a 189,000 miles on the original transmission though,so I know it didn't last him long.I'm still tryin to find the truck,and hopefully whoever owns it(if it's even still around)will want to sell it so I can put the right parts back on it and restore it.It was my first truck that was driveable.
189k... that's not really all that much. We've had the '87 on it for maybe six years, and it's well past 200k miles and runs better than ever on all original drivetrain.
 
  #242  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Fordzilla80's Avatar
Fordzilla80
Fordzilla80 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,986
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman View Post
189k... that's not really all that much. We've had the '87 on it for maybe six years, and it's well past 200k miles and runs better than ever on all original drivetrain.
Well,the lady I bought it from pulled horse trailers with it,and it was just a 2.5/4R44E combo.It always bucked going from 1st to 2nd,which might have been related to the 4R44E recall from 1999,but i'm not sure.No doubt about it a fully loaded two horse trailer probably wasn't good for the transmission at all.I used to have friends who saw the truck all the time,but now they say they don't see it anymore which leads me to think it quit on him.
 
  #243  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Well,the lady I bought it from pulled horse trailers with it,and it was just a 2.5/4R44E combo.It always bucked going from 1st to 2nd,which might have been related to the 4R44E recall from 1999,but i'm not sure.No doubt about it a fully loaded two horse trailer probably wasn't good for the transmission at all.I used to have friends who saw the truck all the time,but now they say they don't see it anymore which leads me to think it quit on him.
Well, that is a bit much for a baby truck like that.

By the way, in response to your signature: Crops are green, barns are red, tractors are blue.
 
  #244  
Old 04-12-2010, 09:20 PM
76f350spercamprspeal's Avatar
76f350spercamprspeal
76f350spercamprspeal is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Charles, Missouri.
Posts: 12,165
76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future76f350spercamprspeal has a brilliant future
What kind of crops are you growin' ?
 
  #245  
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Fordzilla80's Avatar
Fordzilla80
Fordzilla80 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,986
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman View Post
Well, that is a bit much for a baby truck like that.

By the way, in response to your signature: Crops are green, barns are red, tractors are blue.
Yea it is.I was preparing for a transmission rebuild since the day I bought it.

lol,I'm an IH man,so if there's a tractor on my property,it's gonna be red.But my trucks will always be blue.
 
  #246  
Old 04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Yea it is.I was preparing for a transmission rebuild since the day I bought it.

lol,I'm an IH man,so if there's a tractor on my property,it's gonna be red.But my trucks will always be blue.
I farm with a pair of Ford 5000's, a late '60's and early '70's model. My grandfather has all IH and Farmall tractors... but John Deere combines.
 
  #247  
Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Fordzilla80's Avatar
Fordzilla80
Fordzilla80 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,986
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman View Post
I farm with a pair of Ford 5000's, a late '60's and early '70's model. My grandfather has all IH and Farmall tractors... but John Deere combines.
Cool man.My Grandpa is diehard Farmall.Last I checked,he had about 7 or 8 F20's,and 2 M's,one being a restored Super M.Not sure if it's original or not though.All the F20's are original and still run,even after 70 years of service.I wish I could get the Super M and one of the F20's.My grandpa just uses the tractors to run the bush hog and do minor jobs.He used to raise cattle and swine,but he retired and just spends his day working on the tractors and going to parades.What a life.
 
  #248  
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Cool man.My Grandpa is diehard Farmall.Last I checked,he had about 7 or 8 F20's,and 2 M's,one being a restored Super M.Not sure if it's original or not though.All the F20's are original and still run,even after 70 years of service.I wish I could get the Super M and one of the F20's.My grandpa just uses the tractors to run the bush hog and do minor jobs.He used to raise cattle and swine,but he retired and just spends his day working on the tractors and going to parades.What a life.
My grandfather's in his mid-80's, and still farms 1500 acres. He'd be farming 2,000, but he was leasing 500 from people who decided it would be more profitable to have the land sprout houses instead of corn.
 
  #249  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:02 AM
scottzj's Avatar
scottzj
scottzj is offline
Hangin 10 bra
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bartlett TN
Posts: 11,216
scottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud of
Here is my 2004 F250 King Ranch Crew Cab FX4. It has 05-07 front end, smoked cab lights and mirror blinkers, 7" DVD/GPS radio and more.







 
  #250  
Old 04-14-2010, 04:15 PM
Fordzilla80's Avatar
Fordzilla80
Fordzilla80 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,986
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman View Post
My grandfather's in his mid-80's, and still farms 1500 acres. He'd be farming 2,000, but he was leasing 500 from people who decided it would be more profitable to have the land sprout houses instead of corn.
Man that sucks.That really annoys me,all the farmland being bought up in place of houses.They really need to start selling vacant houses before they build new ones.
 
  #251  
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Man that sucks.That really annoys me,all the farmland being bought up in place of houses.They really need to start selling vacant houses before they build new ones.
Amen... redevelop the land they've already screwed up before they build on any more, too.
 
  #252  
Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
mstiles19's Avatar
mstiles19
mstiles19 is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: May 2007
Location: the woodzies
Posts: 1,176
mstiles19 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman View Post
Amen... redevelop the land they've already screwed up before they build on any more, too.
Ha but its cheaper to build new ones!

I am with you guys though its real sad, I am just happy that the PineBarrens are protected from development and they keep putting land into farmland preservation.

What really makes me angry is all these people who move out here to be in the "country" then get pissed when the deer eat there plants or get they get stuck behind a slow moving truck/tractor when they are driving 20mph over the limit to go get there darn lattes.
 
  #253  
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mstiles19 View Post
Ha but its cheaper to build new ones!

I am with you guys though its real sad, I am just happy that the PineBarrens are protected from development and they keep putting land into farmland preservation.

What really makes me angry is all these people who move out here to be in the "country" then get pissed when the deer eat there plants or get they get stuck behind a slow moving truck/tractor when they are driving 20mph over the limit to go get there darn lattes.
My farm, and a couple near me, are in farmland preservation.

And don't even get me started with the transplanted suburbanites who can't deal with heavy equipment on the road... if not for split brakes and my being hyper-attentive, there's a woman and her kids whose station wagon would have become a coffin a couple summers back when she tried passing me on the left while I was making a left hand turn with some empty wagons behind the 5000... I don't know where that broad was the day they taught hand signals in drivers ed, but she needs to go back.
 
  #254  
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Fordzilla80's Avatar
Fordzilla80
Fordzilla80 is offline
Postmaster
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,986
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
I couldn't agree with y'all more.

Honkin ain't gonna save em no time either.When my grandpa runs his tractors,he goes his own pace.Everyone else can just go round.I'd love to be runnin a JD 9620 down a two lane road.Try passin that.
 
  #255  
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
SaikotikGunman's Avatar
SaikotikGunman
SaikotikGunman is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pennsylvania Wilds
Posts: 1,183
SaikotikGunman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I couldn't agree with y'all more.

Honkin ain't gonna save em no time either.When my grandpa runs his tractors,he goes his own pace.Everyone else can just go round.I'd love to be runnin a JD 9620 down a two lane road.Try passin that.
It's fun when I have to take the roller harrow anywhere... If I were to drive down the middle of the road, the ends of it would still reach the shoulder about. And it doesn't fold up. The farms were here before the roads were, so they can drop their complaints where the sun don't shine, if you catch my meaning.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lets see pics of your rigs!


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: