North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Hubs and Wheel hub assembly's

Old 01-14-2009, 12:39 PM
BW68
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hubs and Wheel hub assembly's

I have had the pleasure of replacing the locking hubs and one wheel hub assembly on my '02 F250. About an 1.5 hr job and $300 later with no problems other the pain in the *** of getting the four studs out. I guess the economic downturn has it the auto parts industry. The wheel hubs don't even come with studs. WTF? Went with Warn lockers. Has anyone that has done this had any reoccuring problems?

Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
MAKO314
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BW68
I have had the pleasure of replacing the locking hubs and one wheel hub assembly on my '02 F250. About an 1.5 hr job and $300 later with no problems other the pain in the *** of getting the four studs out. I guess the economic downturn has it the auto parts industry. The wheel hubs don't even come with studs. WTF? Went with Warn lockers. Has anyone that has done this had any reoccuring problems?
I've replaced both front wheel bearing assem twice. if you run large tires that tend to get out of balance or run in deep water alot it'll happen again. there is a way to grease the needle bearings in these things but its a PITA ford never meant for them to be greased just replaced.

Search this Thread