Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

did everyone ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did everyone ...

Well did everyone survive the big freeze? It was down right nipply out there. Well today we got Football games to watch and UK basketball too.

Hopefully the cats can give the same butt whopping to georgia that they gave to Tenn. As for football, not sure who I would like to see move forward. I guess Pittsburgh and Arizona

Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Barely. I froze my butt off working on a railroad container chasis at the sunoco gas station at Dry Ridge thursday evening. I was just glad I had a place to walk in to get warm while I was working. Took me a half hour just to get both my air compressor and welder to start. The truck driver told me to put vaseline on my face. Said it's like wearing a condom, you can't feel a thing!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
whjco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've been laid up with the intestinal stuff that's been going around, so except for a few supply runs, I've been staying out of it. The Ex started right up in the -4 weather without having been plugged in, but it sounded like a can of ball bearings knocking around for the first two minutes. Those injectors really seem to hammer when they're cold!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:53 AM
whjco
Elder User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
The truck driver told me to put vaseline on my face. Said it's like wearing a condom, you can't feel a thing!
Okay John, this begs the question: Why would you want to put a condom on your face?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by whjco
Okay John, this begs the question: Why would you want to put a condom on your face?
You know, after I typed this, I knew somebody would ask the question!

Old 01-18-2009, 01:43 PM
whjco
Elder User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
You know, after I typed this, I knew somebody would ask the question!
Well, inquiring minds want to know!

Old 01-18-2009, 09:21 PM
kenpobuck
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Well except to get my buddy a set of jumper cables to start his dodge cummins I didn't go outside saturday. Did drive frankenstine to get my kids in connersville, Ind after work friday. It was the longest trip I have made since the whole diesel swap. It made the trip just fine ,wish it had a turbo for some of the hills on Ind. 1 though. But at about 3 grand to put one on and do it right that is wishful thinking.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:37 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
glad to see most of us made it through ok. I took my wife to work most of those days. I jumped one car for someone in our apartment complex with the ranger. Surprisingly even it started as we had been using the wife's Trailblazer exclusively