Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Won 2nd chance offer for HOOD BIRD!!!!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:06 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
Smile Won 2nd chance offer for HOOD BIRD!!!!

I was emailed that I could buy the ''HOOD BIRD'' for a 50s Ford truck a few days ago.
I am generally leary of these offers,and only bid a small amount for this bird,and then realized Danny ''THE BLACKSMITH'' had made a plea to see if this was 1 of his hood birds?

This bird was very low and will know in a few days if it is junk or the original or the stainless steel ones made by Danny.

I hope to show pics as soon as it comes,and for the price could not pass it up. I emailed Danny and told him and said I will compare them and see if this is a Chinese product or a real one.
Danny made a nice product and it is a shame to find them so cheap!!
This may be a mid-50s bird,as Dan sold some to them.
Will post pics when delivery is made.
Bill

Old 01-14-2009, 12:09 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
cmoritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good for You Bill!!..And a" Big Thank"s! " for keeping Danny in the loop!...

Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 PM
gdgerland
Elder User
gdgerland is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good score, Bill. Hope it is a nice one. Some times good deals do come up and if you are lucky, you can take advantage of them. It's hard to look at the pic. and tell the quality of an item.

Gil

Old 01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.WALFORD'S 56 has a great reputation on FTE.
I was in business for many yrs and understand it when someone cuts into your profit margin or makes a product and advertises as your own. This is hopefully a stainless steel hood bird from Danny,or the original.
I met Danny a few years ago,and like the guy,and admire him.......so do not want to undermine his product.
Thanks....Bill

Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I am told by seller that it is all stainless steel and identical to Danny's STAILESS STEEL copy and was in a box of misc. and they happened across it.
I am real anxious to finally see it,and maybe it will be 1 of Danny's and at a tremendous discount.
I got it soo cheap because no-one bid it up,and I didn't bid it up either. The winner couldn't pay and so the seller emailed me since I had bid. I will put it on my 56 F100 I have near done. I will also get ahold of Danny when I have the other 56F100 ready.
Bill

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Last Chance 56
Elder User
Last Chance 56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bill, I hope you don't paint the bird yellow when you get it. He He.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Rodney--I willshow it off on my 53 first and then put it on my 56 F100 then --I will drill holes in the other hoods and just install it in each truck as they get driven....haha!!
I heard from Danny The blacksmith and will compare the hood birds when it comes.
We have heard 2 different stories thus-far,and he seems to think it is not from mid-fifties.
thanks....................................Bill
p.s...........rodney.......I will give you ''the bird''------hahahah.......just kidding!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputationabe has a superb reputation
Maybe this bird is a NOS part if it was just lying around...

Old 01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
bigwin56f100
Post Fiend
bigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant futurebigwin56f100 has a brilliant future
The guy who sells them is "mascot lover" and has been selling these since October and before. So far the stories as to where he got them from has changed everytime someone asks.

He has sold at least 10 so far. I've been watching his ebay items.

I figure he bought one of Dannys and now has a company in china making knock offs from dannys knock offs.

Dannys are very nice as I have seen them in person. He made the mold from the original he bought from me. The problem is the bird I sold was replated and alot of the finer details were ground off for the replating process. Then these china knock offs have lost even more of the details. They almost look like they are smooth everywhere with no defining ridges in the face, at least no where near what the NOS one I have has.

Still a neat piece for a good price.

Kevin Bigwin

Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I have an original hood bird that came on one of my 200.00 trucks and it has the wings broken. I have a company that I helped start-up in business rebuilding the wings and it is almost done.
I will compare this bird and told Danny that I will either ship it to him or drive to Danny's and show him.
To remold and build from scratch a product line is alot of work....I know....been there done that.
Problem is...employees or competitors steal your idea and remake them either cheaper--because they do not need to spend money on design and engineering....and remake the product dirt cheap. THAT IS THE AMERICAN WAY!!
I do not want to cheapen the product Danny makes and ALL his research and development to create a piece of art. And that gets expensive.

I cannot wait to see the hood bird,and compare to the one I just bought. I am even considering giving the guy mascotlover a piece of my mind....if this is crap.......Bill

Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Danny should have researched and bought a nicer -original to copy in stainless. If yours was ground and detail lost in the process.....it would have been a good idea to buy a better original or borrow one.
I am sure anxious to see the mascotlover hood bird and compare to my original. It is being repaired now and will be done soon. It has never been replated. The wing broke off and it is getting fixed. Will compare the 2 this week.
Bill

Old 01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
I understand TRUXX has 2 hood birds and would like to ask if he could tell any differences in the two he has. Bill

Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Nice score. Please share the results when it arrives. I take it that there was no picture in the Ebay listing? Or was the picture such that you could not decern the bird's condition? Thanks, Jag

Old 01-15-2009, 03:31 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
jag--there is some concern that the hood bird may be a replica or copy. I am not sure till it comes. Bill

Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
spurredon
Post Fiend
spurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to allspurredon is a name known to all
I checked out this "mascotlover", stuff on Ebay. Why is it that he often offers the disclaimer, origin unknown in his descriptions? I don't really get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I look at this persons stuff. I believe there is more known than revealed! I am glad you got it reasonable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Won 2nd chance offer for HOOD BIRD!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.