Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Virginia Beach Pick -n- Pull finds. . .

Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginia Beach Pick -n- Pull finds. . .

Just got back from another disappointing trip to PnP but thought I might share with anyone else in the area who might be interested. . .

1979 Ford Bronco. Someone has already snatched the 4" lift coils, but the axle, radius arms, lift brackets, and steering stuff are all there as is the NP205 T-case (cheap from PnP, tend to be big $$$ from the classifieds). Hub to Hub complete. . .lots of good trim as well

80's F250 4x4 with a 4" lift kit still on it. Complete, all there. . .rest of the truck is trash. . .

BTW, if yall are ever looking for something let me know. . .I go fairly often if it's nice

Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do any of yall go out to Johnsons mustang and truck parts, I love wondering around the yard out there. It is mainly Fords so your odds of finding what your looking for are good. It's on Bainbridge blvd in Chesapeake.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:21 PM
SSG VA BEACH
Elder User
Where's the P n P at ?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
BTW, if yall are ever looking for something let me know. . .I go fairly often if it's nice
...a front differential!! i am 2wd only at the moment and it is making me very sad. i have a 3.55 limited slip rear currently but thinking about a 4.10 conversion (need rear gears/axle for that)

oh and educated company with tools, lol!!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:25 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SSG VA BEACH
Where's the P n P at ?
off north oceana blvd, i think...never been but looked it up just recently (see above... *rolls eyes*)

Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Steve,

Find me a 4.10 gear set for a Ford D44!!! Most of the pick and pull parts up here are for the foreign jobs and newer stuff. Not much old iron to be found. I need extra parts for the mud ranger!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
PnP is off of Sykes ave. . .if you are heading down VB blvd towards the oceanfront you'll cross the first colonial rd light, then the N oceana light, then truck it on down to the gas station on your right and turn there. PnP is at the end on the left.

I have some tools and know enough to really screw something up

So, are you looking for an entire axle? The TTB drop out section? Just Gears?

Kjett, will the gears out of the newer ttb stuff work? If so then you have greatly increased your odds

Huzza!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:19 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
As far as I remember the gears and carrier from any ford D44 will interchange. THe biggest problem is will they let you pull just the gears and diff or would you have to take the whole thing.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
MissI,

For your rear, all you need is the gears for your 3/4 ton, that is unless you want to swap the semi floater out for a full floater rear and get the added strength in the process. For the front, a D50 will swap right in, but why go with a crappy TTB, hold out for a D60, just expect to pay a pretty penny for it!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:45 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
I have some tools and know enough to really screw something up

So, are you looking for an entire axle? The TTB drop out section? Just Gears?
well, you're ahead of me, i have no tools and just enough knowledge to be dangerous!

i need the entire pumpkin assembly if i want to keep my 3.55s...tentatively have a set of axles lined up to go to 4.10s through friends over on the 1994.5-1997 fte diesel forum...trying to do the most cost-effective approach here

Originally Posted by kjett
MissI,

For your rear, all you need is the gears for your 3/4 ton, that is unless you want to swap the semi floater out for a full floater rear and get the added strength in the process. For the front, a D50 will swap right in, but why go with a crappy TTB, hold out for a D60, just expect to pay a pretty penny for it!
already have 10.25 full floating rear, i'm ok with keeping the dana 50 up front for now; i don't do serious off-roading with her, just play around the obx a few times a year. i hitch-hike with my jeepers to go rock-crawling

"officially" i bought her to tow my horse trailer, and she already does that just fine as-is. although a brake controller would be nice *sigh*

(read: i really should NOT be spending money on her for any of this...but i can't help it, i caught pms-powerstroke modification syndrome!!)

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 AM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
I feel so outta place, not knowing any of these roads lol.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
which ones??

Old 01-13-2009, 12:40 PM
STROKIN'IT7.3
Posting Guru
Up at the top Katie. As for the PMS... it hits you like a freightrain and neverrrrrrr stops lol. And do the 6637, the sound is amazing lol.

*end 7.3 mod rant*

Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by SSG VA BEACH
Where's the P n P at ?
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
off north oceana blvd, i think...never been but looked it up just recently (see above... *rolls eyes*)
yeah if ya go the old route as if you were gonna cross the tracks where oceana use to go through.. turn left at the tracks and follow it till ya come to a dead end.. make another left and then right into that parking lot.. thats where its at... its a $1 to go in... least it was last time i was there...

Old 01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
if ya find a totaled 99-04 GT - Mach1 model that still has its 8.8 rear end let me know... im looking for one to swap into my v6... and if possible could ya find out how much it is for the whole rear end from there please?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Virginia Beach Pick -n- Pull finds. . .