Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Does your wife agree on $ spent on 4x4 stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:02 PM
351slug
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your wife agree on $ spent on 4x4 stuff

The chit just hit the fan. Been saving $ for new tires and locker and now its a no go. WTF Still got my beer

Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM
WeWonIt
Elder User
Man I am lucky, my wife want's to lift our truck and put bigger tires on it. I can't justify the tires untill I wear these out, at $400 a tire I better start saving now. She didn't agree in the past though, I had to sell my 1986 Chevrolet mud toy just three years ago.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
waynaferd
Elder User
eh.........ha ha........er..........sorta?

I can't refinance the house or not buy groceries for a few weeks to get goodies, but as long as the bills are caught up and I *save* a little dough out, tax time is when I get to do most of my upgrading......although I don't go too overboard. She has her "hobbies" and the truck is mine, so it works out. Plus I don't drink or smoke or go party and not come home, so I decided she can't bitch about my truck

Plus it helps having a 2.5 year old that loves monster trucks and going out thru the woods and playing in mud

Old 01-09-2009, 10:17 PM
bulrydr_1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted 100%...but that's only true if I save the money for it. If I just go out and get it...it hits the fan...so I have to get approval form the accountant!

Old 01-09-2009, 10:19 PM
late70sfordnut
Senior User
buying parts is doing my part,you know it gives the wife a chance to use her verbal skills if ya know what i mean ($%^&&*@#$%)

Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
DesertStorm
Elder User
100% of the time, thats i why the bathroom is not remodeled yet, or the porch finished, or the driveway paved, or the swimming pool installed etc, etc.

Her rig.

Those tow hooks are for pulling Toyotas out of wet grass...

Old 01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Prozon
Postmaster
My girlfriend does not care what I do with my truck. She really dislikes off-roading lol. As long as she gets her lovin' haha.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:55 AM
351slug
Elder User
Originally Posted by UTfball68
Man I'm pretty lucky...given I'm not married, YET...but my other half lives with me and we've been together for 5 years. Anyways, she may be reluctant about a purchase, but she's never stopped me, and she's normally a go 75% of the time. And when I do get those parts, she's usually right beside me helping with the install (30%), or learning (50%), or running for tools (20%).
Dam ..... she helps you turn a wrench? You are lucky. Keep up the good work.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 AM
teds74ford
Logistics Pro
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by waynaferd
eh.........ha ha........er..........sorta?

I can't refinance the house or not buy groceries for a few weeks to get goodies, but as long as the bills are caught up and I *save* a little dough out, tax time is when I get to do most of my upgrading......although I don't go too overboard. She has her "hobbies" and the truck is mine, so it works out. Plus I don't drink or smoke or go party and not come home, so I decided she can't bitch about my truck

Plus it helps having a 2.5 year old that loves monster trucks and going out thru the woods and playing in mud
This is pretty much my situation. If we have no money, then it is a no-go. However, she doesn't really argue much because I do my truck addiction on the cheap. The thinks it is cool that I have something contructive that I am interested in.

I also am not into partying all night.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:10 AM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my ex-wife had a problem with it,that is why she is my ex wife!! problem solved!! just kidding,the divorce was brought on by way bigger problems then that and she has the paperwork to prove it (crazy) Anyhow,when we were married I had a cj7 jeep,and she used to call it my mistress. people would call and ask to talk to me,and she would say he can't talk right now,he is in the garage with his mistress. that got some weird responses,especially since my ex mother in law thought i was running around cheating on her precious daughter all the time Now I spend whatever free money and time I have on my truck,it's great!! I am the money maker,and money spender!!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Old93junk
Post Fiend
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Ever since I rescued the wife and her co worker from the 1 1/2 inches of snow that the other girls lexus suv couldnt handle, I get pretty much whatever I want for the Ranger 4x4. Sure was funny though, to see that $50,000 Lexus suv being pulled out by a little Ford Ranger!

Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 PM
DNFXDLI
Junior User
I am very lucky...my OL started in the trades when she was 12 and it doesn't matter if it is tools, parts or whatever she is normally the one to suggest to go big or go home plus she can handle tools better than most guys I know.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
neither can i ben...

I like not being married if my gf dont like how i spend my money, then she will get over it, i work for it, as long as my bills are paid, i will do what i want with my money. as does she with hers.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:17 PM
purecountry
Senior User
Im recently married and my girl is about 50/50 She doesnt understand why I need bigger tires when the tires ive got are still good. Or why I want my truck lifted higher, since it'll make it harder for her to get in and out. But I usually convince her its alright.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
waynaferd
Elder User
Originally Posted by UTfball68
Yeah...I'd say I'm pretty lucky, she even buys stuff for me fairly often. She's probably bought half my tools for me, and she's bought me a carb, crank, and other parts before. The real kicker is, she normally gets the right stuff too, so no returns. Her favorite romanitc date with me was at Floyd Garret's Muscle Car Museum...if that tells you anything about her. And she's a doggon looker too, 5'2" 115 lbs 34-25-34...can't argue with that.

Hey!!

She got a sister?!

Quick Reply: Does your wife agree on $ spent on 4x4 stuff