Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hi Fellow Virginias...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
ive yet to ever go in there... they use to get raided 3 times a week...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive never been in either...and thats fine by me. so what's back behind the vw place that you work at?

Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
nothing thats where i live lol.. theres a neighborhood back there... most people dont realize its even there...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:27 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
ah gotcha; i only drive by en route to the barn, lol!! look for the red and white powerstroke on sunday mornings...can't miss her

Old 01-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
lol im not up in the morning... but theres alot of older red white trucks that come by.. neighbors got one that looks just like yours in that sig there... only his is gas engine...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:40 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
betcha she's hotter all decked out with her flag and she's getting her stacks within the next month, hopefully gonna lose cat and muffler soon too...then you'll be up cuz you hear her lol!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
lol... prolly.. he uses his mainly as a work truck.. has a cap on the back too and still at stock height.. looks like yours has a tool box in the back..

i like stacks i just wish they didnt actually come up in through the bed... i want them to to come up the sides of the bed and have the corner of the beds contour around them like they do on some semi's...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
youd prolly see me or my truck before i saw ya lol.. Jezebels not hard to miss.. (especially with her plate lol.. course my truck isnt hard to miss either... but its nothing special.. the only things actually slower than my trucks is a dumptuck with a full load, semi with full trailer.. and sometimes busses...

Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
yep, she does. i'm sure stacks could be done that way if you really wanted to...prolly way more work though. not actually too crazy about putting holes in my bed, but oh well. i want stacks more than i don't want to drill through the bed lol. i already put 15 holes in the cab roof, what's a few more??

Old 01-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by MissIndependent
yep, she does. i'm sure stacks could be done that way if you really wanted to...prolly way more work though. not actually too crazy about putting holes in my bed, but oh well. i want stacks more than i don't want to drill through the bed lol. i already put 15 holes in the cab roof, what's a few more??
yeah i just wish it came from factory like that though lol..

why did ya put 15 holes in the roof?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Lived here my whole life and I don't think I've been down that way but a handful of times. . .Muddy Creek road to Lovitt's to go fishing (I think it's all posted now) and once to the Commissary to check out a diesel F250 last year

Oh, and I got lost down there once at the very end of princess anne, looking at some farmers old F350. . .

Lol!

Never did go to Johnson's much, cost too much. . .same thing with Ingrams. . .

Ebay is almost always a good bet though if you can get cheap shipping. Got my Dana 60 front off of there and a guy to deliver it for like $615

Anyways, I think the stacks will be freakin' sweet! Going for the Semi style or just the big 5"-6" stainless tubes turned and trimmed at the top?

And how is the mileage of the PS? Just curios. . .I'm looking to sell my white truck for a gas miser (still, lol). . .but I was also tinkering with either a diesel swap for my 250 or spend some cash on trying to eek an average of at least 15 out of the 460. . .I get 17 mpg in the white truck, so 15 is plenty good. . .

Sorry for the hijack. . .and I'm guessing you installed the cab lights yourself then?

Old 01-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by Franken-Truck
Oh, and I got lost down there once at the very end of princess anne, looking at some farmers old F350. . .

Lol!
lol i like that lol... ive been here since 90 and still manage to get lost around here... but if i go back home (a place i havent lived since i was 3 yrs old) i can find my way around perfectly...

Ebay is almost always a good bet though if you can get cheap shipping. Got my Dana 60 front off of there and a guy to deliver it for like $615
wow.. $615 for shipping really? i woulda thought way less than that for freight item....

Anyways, I think the stacks will be freakin' sweet! Going for the Semi style or just the big 5"-6" stainless tubes turned and trimmed at the top?
i definately agree... if i got stacks id have them turned outward instead of straight tipped... less i could add a flapper at the top (dont know the name of it i always call it a flapper) to keep the rain out.. but most likely id still get in... so might as well have it turned to the sides..

Sorry for the hijack. . .
no worries mate... i know ive done it often in the past on other forums.. and will probably do it here at some point...

Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Sparky83
why did ya put 15 holes in the roof?
put clearance lights in myself cause she didn't have them when i bought her. i'm quite pleased with that one

Lived here my whole life and I don't think I've been down that way but a handful of times. . .Muddy Creek road to Lovitt's to go fishing (I think it's all posted now) and once to the Commissary to check out a diesel F250 last year

ohhh...that's my neck of the woods- you keep going all the way down muddy creek til it turns into nanneys creek, about half a mile down the road. let me know next time ya need directions, i know the roads down here a little too well!! lol

they'll look pretty much like what's on the green truck in my sig picture, getting mine from the guy who owns that one, they're curved and chrome!

And how is the mileage of the PS? Just curios. . .
she's around 13-15 right now with a fuel leak...!@#$ sensor just needs a plug and stuff comes up every time i go to mess with it. 17 before the leak went from seep to drip...going for 20+ when i get her a decent air intake, exhaust system, chip.... a lot of the psd guys average 18-20 though

Originally Posted by Sparky83
i definately agree... if i got stacks id have them turned outward instead of straight tipped... less i could add a flapper at the top (dont know the name of it i always call it a flapper) to keep the rain out.. but most likely id still get in... so might as well have it turned to the sides..
rain caps

Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
...i've totally forgotten what the original topic was! lmao

Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
put clearance lights in myself cause she didn't have them when i bought her. i'm quite pleased with that one
ahh.. i plan to order mine with them... i just hope they dont turn out like my stangs 3rd tail light.. i gotta change the seal every 6 months-yr.. stock ones didnt do squat to keep the water out... gave the stealership 3 chances to fix it.. 3rd time i fixed it... and lasts longer...

rain caps
ty... dunno how well theyd do at highway speeds though hehe...

...i've totally forgotten what the original topic was! lmao
there was a topic here? other than me saying hi... lol..

does any of your 3 trucks there have a 5th wheel in it?

Quick Reply: Hi Fellow Virginias...