Sponsored by: Moser

Wanted to buy an '09.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jllang2
the real wood and alloy is only in the platinum, the rest of the trucks sadly do have the plastic.
Well thats another reason for me to be happy about going for the Platinum. It's really smart looking and i thought it came standard in all models. Do the lariats and king ranch not even come with it??

But hey every other truck dash is made of plastic so it's not like the F150 is any different in that department.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Raider50
Elder User
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
We'll have to wait and see, won't we? I think it'll be a while before we see a supercharger for it. By then, if possible, I'll have Roush's new version supercharger in mine, after the block is built (it pushes 5.4 3 valve V8s to 700 HP).
"I think it'll be a while before we see a supercharger for it." well you have all of that inside knowledge and looking back at your posts you sort of hint at things and toy with our emotions lol. So is this one of your hints? I hope it isnt one anyways. Im counting the days till when i get my raptor and after having a supercharger i cant live without one lol. When i get the raptor i might have to garage it till i get one assuming it isnt to far down the road. but jw the way svt is getting rolling again would a ford supercharger be relased within a few months of the 6.2? and sorry about the sort of ing im doing

Old 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Raider50
"I think it'll be a while before we see a supercharger for it." well you have all of that inside knowledge and looking back at your posts you sort of hint at things and toy with our emotions lol. So is this one of your hints? I hope it isnt one anyways. Im counting the days till when i get my raptor and after having a supercharger i cant live without one lol. When i get the raptor i might have to garage it till i get one assuming it isnt to far down the road. but jw the way svt is getting rolling again would a ford supercharger be relased within a few months of the 6.2? and sorry about the sort of ing im doing
I don't have any inside info (yet). New contact I have at Roush now, so info may trickle in the next couple of months. Most of my old sources are still there, but they are pretty tight lipped right now about everything. I also have a contact outside of Roush that has a lot of information but he's been extremely busy lately and I don't want to bug him!

My bets are they'll do a 5.4L version first, mainly because its going to require a lot less engineering considering they already have a blower for the current 5.4L. The Raptor version would require them to make a new manifold, possibly a new intake, more testing with various heat range plugs, durability testing with the engine for the increased power and who knows what else. Plus, given the limited numbers of Raptors produced they might go for the larger market (they were burned pretty bad trying to make performance parts for the Focus). I think they are probably working on a 6.2 blower, but it's release will be farther down the road than a 5.4 version.

My guess is the limited production Raptor is Ford's way of getting the engine into a small market so they can work out bugs before mass producing it.

None of this is based on inside info (I won't make up information, I have to have strong indications or facts), so its just a guess. Hit me up in a month or so and maybe I'll know more then.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Raider50
Elder User
once again sorry for the ing lol. However FTE Ken, man i wished i knew what you know and knew who you know some times lol. but i will bring this up in not to long about the 6.2 roush blower and see what you know. also while im posting, thank all of you for all of your help over the time ive been on here. Thanks guys

Old 01-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Eric Landstrom
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
You need to see one in person and take a test drive. You will be amazed at how much better it is than what you have.
I did look at one in person. That's how I learned that I don't like the styling. I liked the rear seat and how it folded out to provide a greater incline. Better than my '05.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 AM
B's FX4
Senior User
i dont like the crease in the tailgate either, i also dont care for the big ford logo in the middle of the tailgate, i dont care for its the painted front bumpers as i perfer chrome which i can get still but not in the fx4, also dont care for the front pads ill call them wedged in between the bumper and the grill...other than those few things i do like it overall and would still buy it if i was in the market, but my 02 is still getting the job done with ease!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Here's what I don't understand... Ford lengthened the cab. Good move. They put all that extra cab space in the back. Bad move. I'm 5'll and with the seat all the way back and the pedals all the way forward its at the sweat spot for my comfort, but I can imagine its not really optimal for taller folks (and even myself when I'm wearing boots). They should have put 2 inches of the length up front.

I understand wanting to make passengers more comfortable, but consider this:

100% of the time there is someone up front
What percentage of the time is there someone in the back? 5%, 10% ????

The reason Ford when over to a bigger logo starting in 2004 is prior to that they did a branding study on Ford. I don't recall the exact number, but I believe just the brand name of "Ford" with its logos is worth about $34 billion dollars. Coca Cola is the most widely known brand in the world. Ford is 2nd. So, Ford is trying to leverage the strength of that brand and put it out in front of people in a way that they would really see it.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Bsimmer3000
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
Here's what I don't understand... Ford lengthened the cab. Good move. They put all that extra cab space in the back. Bad move. I'm 5'll and with the seat all the way back and the pedals all the way forward its at the sweat spot for my comfort, but I can imagine its not really optimal for taller folks (and even myself when I'm wearing boots). They should have put 2 inches of the length up front.

I understand wanting to make passengers more comfortable, but consider this:

100% of the time there is someone up front
What percentage of the time is there someone in the back? 5%, 10% ????

The reason Ford when over to a bigger logo starting in 2004 is prior to that they did a branding study on Ford. I don't recall the exact number, but I believe just the brand name of "Ford" with its logos is worth about $34 billion dollars. Coca Cola is the most widely known brand in the world. Ford is 2nd. So, Ford is trying to leverage the strength of that brand and put it out in front of people in a way that they would really see it.
I find that the seats fit me perfect. Im 6ft with a 34" inside leg and my seat can go back so far that i cant hardly grab the wheel. When i get in, the seat has to slide forward for about 2-3 secs so that it gets to the posistion i set it at. at that posistion i still have to lean forward to press the nav screen. My pedals are all the way down as well because they feel way to high when anything above the setting i have them. I also have gogo gadget arms as my wife calls me. I would have thought even a 6'4" guy could easy fit into the truck with no problems.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
I have a 6'4" friend with a 2007 F150. With the seat all the way back he can't sit with his legs straight out, but rather as a V.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Caleb1
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think styling has gone downhill since 97 although i can live with those. I guess from a futuristic standpoint the new ones are allrite but im old fashioned (im only 21) and im not ready for the future. The new chevies to me pull of being modern without looking like a spaceship. Imo.