67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good Morning South Dakota!!

Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December already??? Dang, what the heck happened to this whole year??? I sure didn't get much done!!!

Oh well, gettin' old....and you know what they say about that-----"Gettin' old ain't for Sissies"!!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Howdy everyone... been outta town the past week... had a nice little vacation to Arizona. Now it's back to the cold and the daily grind.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:25 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just got back from moving some friends. The old 92 ran great. The more I drive it the move I love it. 17 MPG unloaded. 11 MPG loaded into headwind. Hauling a car and into headwind.

Roads last night were miserable. Roads between Aberdeen were not the greatest.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
I had to go to Sioux Falls yesterday, roads were a bit slick on the way down, but good on the way home....got a few more snow flurries last night but nothing substantial...

Got the heat on in the garage, gonna go spend the day getting my '71 ready to go!!! Got to get it running, cleaned up again, and ready to sell.....

Also doing some work on my '82 Camaro--no, I'm not a traitor, it's one I had to take for payment on a bill. It was take a chebbie or nothing.... Anyway, it's customized a bit and some trick suspension. Hopefully I can get it sold as a roller and not have to mess with it anymore... If any of you admit to having friends that like chebbies and might know of someone interested in it, please let me know!!!! Gladly give a bit of a bonus to anyone who can find me a buyer and help get this dang chebbie out of my otherwise all Blue Oval garage!!!!!

Stay warm, stay out of the ditches, pray for an early Spring!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Dave Severson
It was take a chebbie or nothing....
hmmmm.... isn't nothing and chebbie the same thing???

How's it going Dave, and the rest of South Dakota... not too much snow down here in my corner, but it was pretty slick yesterday morning. If only the wind wouldn't blow so hard, winter would be much easier to take!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:29 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
I will admit to owned an Oldsmobile. However the happiest day when owning a Chevrolet is the day you get rid of it.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Happy Friday everyone!

All you guys got your Christmas shopping done yet? I don't, still have lots of time. The way the retailers are whinning they will probably be open on Christmas day for all of us procrastinators!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
Sure, nobody will admit to knowing the chebbie guys!!!!

Well, owning a chebbie is like playing with fat girls, it's fine as long as your friends don't see you with one!!!!

As for shopping, wait til the day after Christmas!!! From the way all the whining retailers are moaning, they'll be giving stuff away....

Really got out of the mood for Christmas early this year.... The first word on shopping the day after Thanksgiving was about a store employee being trampled to death by customers.... Didn't notice the same results in church Sunday with it being the first Sunday of Advent.... Sez a lot about what Christmas really means to most, doesn't it?????

Old 12-05-2008, 03:53 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
You got that right Dave! I heard some guy complaining on the radio news the other day about how bad things are and that he can't afford to spend a ton on money on stuff. I suppose congress will have to bail out Christmas shoppers and retailers this year too! We're just way too commercialized these days (uh oh, I'm starting to sound like Charlie Brown now!)

Old 12-05-2008, 04:11 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
Happy Friday everyone!

All you guys got your Christmas shopping done yet? I don't, still have lots of time. The way the retailers are whinning they will probably be open on Christmas day for all of us procrastinators!
Yeah I plan to procrastine later.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Dave Severson
Posting Guru
I'm giving some serious thought to buying myself a pair of AFR heads for Christmas!!!! Other then that, I'm one of the cop-out guys who does the gift certificate or gift card thing... I don't have the time or desire to go shopping with all the idiots on the loose this time of year....

Old 12-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Iversen-fords
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy saturday everybody. I just got off work at 3:15 or so. It was a crazy delivering pizzas. I guess a major at building in here in H20town burned down tonight like at 2:30. It was right by the Reid Arts building if know what that is.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 PM
1979 Ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Iversen-fords
Happy saturday everybody. I just got off work at 3:15 or so. It was a crazy delivering pizzas. I guess a major at building in here in H20town burned down tonight like at 2:30. It was right by the Reid Arts building if know what that is.
I just seen something about that on Kelo. Sounds like it was a quite a fire. PRetty decent day here. Installing wood laminate flooring in the dining room. Had some leftover from the living room and will have just enough to finish it.

Quick Reply: SD Chapters December BS chat. All welcome