General Automotive Discussion

Ok Ok then what does Ford need to do to get their MOJO back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
rockin300
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks eddie, it was a sarcastic comment,i am also sarcastic to japan's rice grinders. me,my dad,my uncle and my grandpa are ford guys,the rest of my family members are a bunch of chevy and dodge lovers,and we have a cuple of tree huggers in the family,my dad would like a new truck but he cant because he cant afford the price the last new car he bought was a $30,000 2003 ford explorer that was used with only 50,000 miles on it. i would like to buy a new truck for my family but it would cost me 30,000-40,000 just for the truck plus an extra 4,000 to get extra performance out of my vehicles and to make it the way i want it but it would void the warrenty and i would be screwed if something went wrong,thats way i would like it if ford had optional performance packages that u could order and it would be covered under warrenty.

my girlfriend is a dodge freak,she wants me buy a moving pile of goat **** and drive it,my baby will be a ford person i dont care what her mom says

Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Well, nuke em where they stand ha ha. If you buy performance parts from ford racing and have them installed by a ford dealer, they are covered by warrenty. Even the ford racing super charger. Also you can buy difference performance levels of Roush F-150's and there covered, however, there not cheap. A few months ago would of been the time to buy a new F-150, the 08's had 8,000.00$ worth of rebates on top of ford A&Z plans.

Old 01-09-2009, 04:50 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,219 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by wendell borror
Don't be too hard on him, remember what it's like to be 19. The worlds problems were simple as well as solutions. I'm sure if he would give it more thought, nuking anyone isn't a good idea, or as simple as it sounds. Nukes would be a last resort under any curcumatance and would need to depend on our very survivial as a people, not the first option drawn from a hat. At 19, anyone who screwed with us should be just nuked, a simple solution with no thought behind it. More of a figure of speach than a real option. Thats why the forefathers wanted people to be at least 40 before becomming president, so they have time to become mature in thier thinking. At 19 you will make dumb statements like that, then when called on it, you will feel boxed in and forced to defend your position even if you know it was a dumb statement to begin with. Cause you don't want to addmitt to the world that you were wrong. I'm sure in his heart he doesn't feel so carefree with the use of nukes, it was just a statement made without really thinking about what he just really implied. The killing of millions of inocent people is only the real answer if your a madman like Hitler or Sadam who are insane to begin with.
Your absolutely correct my friend. I served my country for 24 years to help ensure that future generations have the right to express themselves anyway they want.

People are pissed at Japan because they figured out how to build a great mousetrap and service it. People are mad at the middle east because they have and control what we need.

And, some people's brains and typing fingers are out of calibration.

Tim

Old 01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I'm not mad at japan, I just get tired of hearing how great thier cars are on a ford forum. They may have good cars, but I haven't had any quality issue's with my ford's. I've had ford all my life and find them to be a great vehicle. I use to race them and now off road them. Fords are as tough as anything on the trails. Ford have allways been good to me and have done everything that I've ever ask of them. You never hear such praise on here for BMW or kia, it's mostly toyota with a side helping of honda thrown in. I will addmitt, they are good cars, I just get put on the defensive because they are pushed down my throat. There's alot of good cars in the world and they all don't say toyota or honda on them. As far as the middle east, I'm not mad at them either, I don't expect anymore out of them. I'm mad at us for refusing to supply our own energy needs and put ourselfs at thier mercy. However I can only speak for my self on these issue's and not everyone. I would say for the most part you are right. The american automakers need to get thier ducks in a row. It's not that they can't be competetive or build great auto's, there learning that the staus quo no longer works in todays business enviroment. We also need a real energy plan, not just talk about it, but one in action for the future, reguardless what the price of gas is right now. It won't stay this low, we know that. Thank you for your service, your a great man. I served 4 years in the USAF and wish I would of stayed in. I loved the military, I just thought I had other things I needed to do, that don't seem so important now looking back. "Thanks again"!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Faber
Elder User
Don't be too hard on him, remember what it's like to be 19. The worlds problems were simple as well as solutions. I'm sure if he would give it more thought, nuking anyone isn't a good idea, or as simple as it sounds. Nukes would be a last resort under any curcumatance and would need to depend on our very survivial as a people, not the first option drawn from a hat. At 19, anyone who screwed with us should be just nuked, a simple solution with no thought behind it. More of a figure of speach than a real option. Thats why the forefathers wanted people to be at least 40 before becomming president, so they have time to become mature in thier thinking. At 19 you will make dumb statements like that, then when called on it, you will feel boxed in and forced to defend your position even if you know it was a dumb statement to begin with. Cause you don't want to addmitt to the world that you were wrong. I'm sure in his heart he doesn't feel so carefree with the use of nukes, it was just a statement made without really thinking about what he just really implied. The killing of millions of inocent people is only the real answer if your a madman like Hitler or Sadam who are insane to begin with.
yep......i know your right....

Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
I'm not mad at japan, I just get tired of hearing how great thier cars are on a ford forum. They may have good cars, but I haven't had any quality issue's with my ford's. I've had ford all my life and find them to be a great vehicle. I use to race them and now off road them. Fords are as tough as anything on the trails. Ford have allways been good to me and have done everything that I've ever ask of them. You never hear such praise on here for BMW or kia, it's mostly toyota with a side helping of honda thrown in. I will addmitt, they are good cars, I just get put on the defensive because they are pushed down my throat. There's alot of good cars in the world and they all don't say toyota or honda on them. As far as the middle east, I'm not mad at them either, I don't expect anymore out of them. I'm mad at us for refusing to supply our own energy needs and put ourselfs at thier mercy. However I can only speak for my self on these issue's and not everyone. I would say for the most part you are right. The american automakers need to get thier ducks in a row. It's not that they can't be competetive or build great auto's, there learning that the staus quo no longer works in todays business enviroment. We also need a real energy plan, not just talk about it, but one in action for the future, reguardless what the price of gas is right now. It won't stay this low, we know that. Thank you for your service, your a great man. I served 4 years in the USAF and wish I would of stayed in. I loved the military, I just thought I had other things I needed to do, that don't seem so important now looking back. "Thanks again"!!!!!!
My friend, perhaps I should have worded my response a little different. I wasn't even refering to you, sorry if I insulted you in any way. I was making a mockery of the nuke'em post made by the youngster. I love your posts, you have a great deal to offer this fantastic site.

I am like you in that I've only owned Fords and they've been fantastic! Three years ago, my daughter and I became joint owners of a POS 1990 civic. When th e car was given to us my thoughts were "OMG a bulletproof car"! The car needs a bullet!

Take care and thank you for your service, sir!

Tim

Old 01-09-2009, 07:16 PM
crazyeddie
Senior User
It's also funny how prideful the Japanese are - not just on their ever-so-prosporous auto industry, but everything!

My Japanese friend and I are always ragging on eachother about Japan and America (which is rare because most other Japanese folks will blatently tell you to your face that America sucks and Japan is superior) so it's fun trying to burn eachother...

But this guy was telling me how "Japan builds the better vehicle" and how "Japan builds the better aircraft." He shut up when I said, "Yeah? Well we build one hell of a bomb."

BTW thank you for serving Tim!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by crazyeddie
It's also funny how prideful the Japanese are - not just on their ever-so-prosporous auto industry, but everything!

My Japanese friend and I are always ragging on eachother about Japan and America (which is rare because most other Japanese folks will blatently tell you to your face that America sucks and Japan is superior) so it's fun trying to burn eachother...

But this guy was telling me how "Japan builds the better vehicle" and how "Japan builds the better aircraft." He shut up when I said, "Yeah? Well we build one hell of a bomb."

BTW thank you for serving Tim!
Thank you sir the for the laugh!

Tim

Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Nah, I didn't take it personally, but if the shoe fits, wear it. I know I'm hard on japanese cars at times, I even go so far as to call them junk. I know there really not. I just get over defensive trying to defend ford on a ford site. The japanese don't have to brag up there stuff, the americans do a good enough job for them. It's really not the japanese I'm mad at, it's the americans who buy and brag up thier products. I just take it out on the japanese. Since were all friends, I may as well be honest and addmitt to my short commings. I believe people have become so biased against american cars, that when they buy one, they expect things to be wrong with it. They listen for every sound and look for everything to be wrong. In the same token, when they buy japanese, they expect it to be perfect and don't look for trouble, there for not finding any. A lot of it's mental because of the brain washing from the media and other sources. Like I say, I have driven fords all my life and haven't had to walk yet, or have a fender fall off, or anyother major malfunction. Alot of my fords have been abused from the race track to the trails. Maybe I'm pleased because I didn't expect them to to take the punishment that they have. Toyota has had a lot of recalls and problems with some of thier vehicles, but people are blind to it as they brag about thier superior quality. For one instance, the tacoma had a problem with thier frames rusting in two. A major issue I would think, but it sure doesn't get mentioned much. If it would be a ranger, they would be screaming bloody murder and demand ford be hung.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:00 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Nah, I didn't take it personally, but if the shoe fits, wear it. I know I'm hard on japanese cars at times, I even go so far as to call them junk. I know there really not. I just get over defensive trying to defend ford on a ford site. The japanese don't have to brag up there stuff, the americans do a good enough job for them. It's really not the japanese I'm mad at, it's the americans who buy and brag up thier products. I just take it out on the japanese. Since were all friends, I may as well be honest and addmitt to my short commings. I believe people have become so biased against american cars, that when they buy one, they expect things to be wrong with it. They listen for every sound and look for everything to be wrong. In the same token, when they buy japanese, they expect it to be perfect and don't look for trouble, there for not finding any. A lot of it's mental because of the brain washing from the media and other sources. Like I say, I have driven fords all my life and haven't had to walk yet, or have a fender fall off, or anyother major malfunction. Alot of my fords have been abused from the race track to the trails. Maybe I'm pleased because I didn't expect them to to take the punishment that they have. Toyota has had a lot of recalls and problems with some of thier vehicles, but people are blind to it as they brag about thier superior quality. For one instance, the tacoma had a problem with thier frames rusting in two. A major issue I would think, but it sure doesn't get mentioned much. If it would be a ranger, they would be screaming bloody murder and demand ford be hung.
A short article in this mornings local paper from Ford saying the 2010 conventionally powered 2.5L Fusion has just been rated by the EPA as achieving 34 HWY and 24 city, beating the four cyclinder Camry of 32 and 21. Milestones are being made in Ford land! However, the Fusion and the F-150 alone will not float the boat. This perseverance must trickle, no bleed into all aspects of the blue oval from build quality to service after the sale.

We have a lot to learn from the world as a whole an put our arrogance aside. For instance, European cars are very powerful and more fuel efficient. Fuel is more expensive in Europe, diesel is more prevalent in small cars and the EPA is less of a pain in the a$$.

Japan has become and economic superpower because of thier undying commitment to excellence. In japan, the job is everything and quality is paramount.

We are a land of milk and honey so to speak. We have endless resources and we have become spoiled as a result.

Tim

Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
A lot of it's mental because of the brain washing from the media and other sources.

Toyota has had a lot of recalls and problems with some of thier vehicles, but people are blind to it as they brag about thier superior quality. For one instance, the tacoma had a problem with thier frames rusting in two. A major issue I would think, but it sure doesn't get mentioned much. If it would be a ranger, they would be screaming bloody murder and demand ford be hung.
I really disagree with your OPINION that the media has brainwashed people into thinking certain things about different vehicles. Do you think the media brainwashed people into buying f150's and making them the most popular pickup truck? Or does your theory only work that way against imports? Im betting it does.

Also if ford had a rust problem with their ranger, the reason why the media would be over it, is because ford would try and blame every other person in the world then take responsibility for it.

Ever read about the 6 liter diesel fiasco? Or wait let me guess, it was navistars fault eh lol.

Im also wondering, if I got a ford fusion that was used and abused given to me, and I had to go put money into it to get it back up to par, would it make that car a POS? Tim, could you answer that one for me?

Old 01-10-2009, 11:10 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Well, I'll put it to you this way, people aren't buying F-150's from the raved review's they get from the media, which is mostly popular auto rags. I was looking throw a couple of car rags at the doctors office the other day. If it was ford or american in general, it sucked, had flaws all over the place. The 09 F-150 was one of them being slammed like a barn door. The jeep rubicon can't even win 4x4 of the year, it gets beat out by the trail worthy RAV -4.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Saleenguy
Postmaster
Just my personal opinion, but having owned vehicles made in North America, Japan, Germany, and Sweden, they all have good an bad points.

Ford makes some great vehicles, and some real lemons to.

Just like all the other makers.

I have owned two Toyotas, both I bought brand new, and neither was abused, but they were complete crap.
But then again, the other three toyotas I owned were rock solid vehicles, that needed nothing but regular maintenance, and were a joy to own.

I have never had a bad Ford, and have owned many.
But good friends of mine bought a new ford mini van years ago, and it was such a heap of crap, ford should have been embarrased to sell the darn thing.

They bought it new, and treated it well, it was just a pile of ****.

So yes, they all make some good, and some bad.

The tundra might be an okay truck for someone that never really works their truck....But for me it was useless, and maybe that is because I expected mine to be a truck that could haul a load, or tow okay.
But still, even unloaded, it had squeeks and rattles that drove me crazy.

It hauls half the weight my F150 does, and my ford feels like it will tow twice as much also.
And my F150 is squeek free, and just better made.
I can load a sled in trhe box and not bend the tailgate so badly it will not close as well, the toyotas bent bad.

But lets all try to get along at least, and drive what we choose.
Me I choose to drive a Ford.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Faber
Elder User
Don't hang me....doesn't the Tundra have a higher tow rating then a F-150?

Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I couldn't tell ya, I don't keep on yoda. I thought the ford F-150 claimed the highest tow rating in it's class with the new 09 F-150.

Quick Reply: Ok Ok then what does Ford need to do to get their MOJO back?