Notices
Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

DE January Chat Thread All Welcome

Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 80351 View Post
I can understand that, mines been about the same time here but it did it at the old house too so it isn't the connections outside.
Comcast tells me when I lose the signal I have unplug they're box and our wireless router wait a few minutes then plug them back in again. If that doesn't work do it again then reboot the computer. What a PITA
when mine goes out they cant see us at all... then want to ignore the fact that the problems not in the house at all...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Is that in the software Paul or a button on the box?
If its in the software its on her computer and I'm not
allowed there. I'll explain that one sometime
Dave you would have to have the administrative username and password to access the wireless access point/router in order to change any setup.

What brand do you have, ie d-link, linksys, etc????

Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
when mine goes out they cant see us at all... then want to ignore the fact that the problems not in the house at all...
Do you guys also lose cable TV?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
Sparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputationSparky83 has a superb reputation
no... but the one time the lower channels got fuzzy... one of the techs said it was a signal amplifier somewhere up the line on their end but they cant find it till it dies completely... but if ya ask me.. with it being something computer and tv related youd think theyd have some way of tracing it...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
They can ping your computer.

Sounds like its a weak signal coming into the house. Just ask them to BOOST the signal.

I had a similar problem with Comcast. They ran a new 1/2" cable to my house, boosted the signal and wow what a difference it made in the internet.

TV never was a problem, but when they boosted the signal the TV got better also.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
they couldnt ping us at all that time.. it was like we werent even here... the last time we had a guy on call for the problem and when he tried to find us from where he was he couldnt see the entire neighborhood..

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Post Fiend
80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
Dave you would have to have the administrative username and password to access the wireless access point/router in order to change any setup.

What brand do you have, ie d-link, linksys, etc????
Linksys George and you know who has administartive control

Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Call you public service commission and file a complaint.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Linksys George and you know who has administartive control
I thought that is what you had from a previous exchange we had.

Get a cat 5 cable and hook direct thru the ethernet connection and see if that helps.

On the chance she didn't change the password and username, type

192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.

If you connect to the router, type

username: (leave blank)
password: admin

And see if you can access the router.

While she's gone, of course

Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Nitey night guys and gal, see ya at 6a ish

Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Greywolf
Post Fiend
Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
DAMN!

I wonder if i even want to see this....

I don't know JACK! And I didn't see diddly..........

(DOODLY had nice ******* though)

Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Post Fiend
80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold80351 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
I thought that is what you had from a previous exchange we had.

Get a cat 5 cable and hook direct thru the ethernet connection and see if that helps.

On the chance she didn't change the password and username, type

192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.

If you connect to the router, type

username: (leave blank)
password: admin

And see if you can access the router.

While she's gone, of course
Thanks George I'll give it a try

Old 01-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Post Fiend
Good Nigth all

Old 01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Sparky83
Posting Legend
nite dave...

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Morning truck fans, did you survive the new software upgrade, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DE January Chat Thread All Welcome

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: