2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Never another piece of s**t ford again

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well thats good to hear......we hate having to watch people make the mistake of going to a chevy....that never turns out well.....LOL

Old 01-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Virto
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's important to get second opinions from multiple dealers for just this reason. I think you found either a lazy or corrupt dealership that wanted to rake you over the coals. FoMoCo itself isn't at fault for that, but you do have grounds to write to them regarding that particular dealer.

Ford doesn't like when dealers try to screw people over. It's bad for the name, as I'm sure you've noticed.

EDIT: Oh yhea, glad it's going to be OK

Old 01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
bmlawson
Senior User
Have you ever tried Friendly Ford in Monroe Mi? I know its not to far from IDA. They have been real good to me and my family as far as service goes. I took my truck in(2004 f-150 FX4 5.4) in May for a plug change at 117000miles. They quoted me a price of $249 to change them. Well two days and 7 broken plugs later my truck was done and returned to me. They could have tried to charge me for extra labor but instead gave me a free oil change for having my truck so much longer than they quoted me.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:01 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Payback (maybe)

Originally Posted by Virto
It's important to get second opinions from multiple dealers for just this reason. I think you found either a lazy or corrupt dealership that wanted to rake you over the coals. FoMoCo itself isn't at fault for that, but you do have grounds to write to them regarding that particular dealer.

Ford doesn't like when dealers try to screw people over. It's bad for the name, as I'm sure you've noticed.

EDIT: Oh yhea, glad it's going to be OK
I'll stop and talk to my (former) salesman and let him know of my thoughts... Might be worth a payback.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:13 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
they were next in line

Originally Posted by bmlawson
Have you ever tried Friendly Ford in Monroe Mi? I know its not to far from IDA. They have been real good to me and my family as far as service goes. I took my truck in(2004 f-150 FX4 5.4) in May for a plug change at 117000miles. They quoted me a price of $249 to change them. Well two days and 7 broken plugs later my truck was done and returned to me. They could have tried to charge me for extra labor but instead gave me a free oil change for having my truck so much longer than they quoted me.
Actually they were next in line. I ruled out Whitman in Temperance due to the fact that many down in Bedford township are mad as h**l at them for wanting to sell some land to Wal Mart… They seem like they are having hard times down there. People don’t like change down in Bedford.
A friend of mine just had his truck in Sprit Ford for the same issue, a mis at idle and after they ran the diagnostic on it, at no charge, they told him he was covered if something does turn up. (bought an extended warrantee) He did say it ran better after he drove out but the only dealing I had with Sprit was a stop in the parts department. My 97’s connection at the brake pedal went bad and I had trouble getting the truck out of gear along with no brake lights.
I am happy to hear your comfortable with Friendly as they are only 16 miles from me, and in case I need a fix up that way I know I may be able to trust them. My salesman was up there for a couple of years, but he migrated to Toledo for some reason

Last edited by No-Tyme; 01-14-2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: mispell
Old 01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Yesssssss!

So glad to hear this news, same as I was when my '02 got a new pair of cylinder heads (problem with the early Romeo PI heads).

Fords are darn good trucks, and although I believe there is no need for overhead cams and all their complexity in a truck motor, I have to say that I am fond of the mod motor (if only because the raw block casting looks so cool forming that giant Vee). Let's hope your (and my) lower ends hold together.***

One thought: ask them to put new plugs in the new head, and maybe to change the plugs on the other side as well. My van got new heads at 42k miles (warranty), and Ford bought a LOT of new parts for me (new oil, filter, antifreeze), but they were *not* gonna spring for a new set of spark plugs(!?) I mean, the new heads had nice new clean holes and they wanted to use the old plugs. So I paid the deductible and parts only cost on the plugs. Yours is a 3V engine, right? Have them put in those new 1-piece plugs if you can. They might give ya a freebie on the labor since the engine will be taken down pretty well anyway.

It is so good to find the right dealer; I am very happy with mine. I've got 68k on the van now, and absolutely no problem with the heads or the install work.

George

***edit--I just realized my Freudian slip--my lower end is NOT holding together. I will have a little hernia operation early in Feb sometime

Old 01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Actually I replaced the plugs about 1,000 miles ago. Thats was the first step in the eval process for me. When I did the plug change I criss crossed the cop's install to determine if it was a coil, and still received the P0308/P0316 codes. From there I was trying little stuff like fuel filter and checking vac lines.
I have not seen any post on lower end issues, but many post of over 100,000 miles on the engines.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
great news...now, beg FTEKen to change the title of this thread to something a little less demeaning to the Ford name,,,

Old 01-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Texas Pete
Freshman User
Man, good for you. I'm glad everything turned out all right.

Iceman V8 is a moron. Hope karma bites him in his preventive maintenance butt!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:19 AM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Originally Posted by 96sherm
great news...now, beg FTEKen to change the title of this thread to something a little less demeaning to the Ford name,,,
I think your right: Change it to "My winning battel with Fo Mo Co"

Ok guys lets put this thread to rest...

Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 PM
shemp68
Freshman User
so how long did you drive it with a miss,tried to fix it your self look at post 67.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
shemp68
Freshman User
guess you washed out the cyl.lucky they will fix it.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
ChargersFanInCO
Posting Guru
I'm glad it worked out...For BOTH of us.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:02 PM
No-Tyme
Senior User
Originally Posted by shemp68
so how long did you drive it with a miss,tried to fix it your self look at post 67.
Acyually had a rough idle for several months: Just kept getting worse.
I did not receive a code until late Oct or 1ST week of Dec...
Not sure what post 67 is.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:39 PM
bar20
New User
Originally Posted by efx4
I have the 10 year, 120,000 mile warranty recall notice for my 2005, and the thought of a fuel injector failing and causing lower end dammage is disturbing to me. About two years ago, I had a fuel injector wire burn up in two, and I took it to a Ford dealership that my wife likes to buy all of her cars. The service manager told me a mouse ate the wire, and that Ford not only would not cover the claim, but I had to pay for the diagnosis. I pointed out to the manager that there is no chew marks on the wire and that either side of the wire is burnt and what makes you an expert on mice , and the potental damage they can do. He said I was right that he was no expert, but that Ford would not cover the warranty claim anyway. When I told them I was going to call Ford Custumer Relations, as well as the local Police, I was given my keys back. I took my truck to work the next morning and showed the guys at the body shop I work at and told them the story, they couldn't believe the **** and bull story that I was told. My boss said that our shop buys $25,000 of parts from this dealership a month and this sounded fishy, so my boss called the service dept., and nothing changed. Dealership lost the shop's business as well as my family's as well, I hope that little wire was worth it to them.
I had the same problem with spark plug wires on my Toyota Tacoma that I owned at the time. Toyota payed for the parts and labor. Did the Ford dealer find mouse droppings with the wire insulation in the droppings? Small claims courts are around for just this type of asinine thinking.

Quick Reply: Never another piece of s**t ford again