So, what did Santa bring you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 03:46 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, what did Santa bring you?

My wife and kids scored, ofcourse I get the luxury of paying the bills

My Daughter (oldest) got me a "flouresent drop light"...but I think it's in her best interests, since the last time she pulled in and needed work on her truck, it was dark outside. So I sent her to the store to buy bulbs for my old drop light...pretty sure she just doesn't want to go buy me bulbs anymore.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:47 PM
nevrenufhp
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got a Fourwheeler magazine, and a Reese's peanut butter tree. The kids made out better than I did. The IRS got a present from me too, my whole paycheck yesterday. Now I have to sell off my Project Super Duty to buy food for the house. Gotta love it!

Old 12-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
I got $40 in cash from my brother up in Oregon, and a leather wallet from my roommate. I got her a black velvet evening dress. Got a $40 gift card for Tahoe Joe's from my co-workers, and ended up with 2 steak dinners instead of one, when the waitress took my plate before I was done. I complained to the manager, who promptly removed my dinner from the bill. Leaving me enough to buy a second dinner on my next trip (which happened to be the very next day!)

Last edited by Nighteyez; 12-27-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-28-2008, 11:47 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Santa bypassed our house this year. I've been too broke to buy presents and my sister's family decided that if I wasn't going to be able to give them anything, they weren't going to give me anything. Not really a big difference from previous years anyway, I've dropped close to a grand on them at Christmas time the last couple of years and been pretty much ignored when it came my turn. But it's supposed to be about the giving, not the getting, and that's what sucked for me the worst this year, not being financially able to give.

My dad didn't get the word till too late however, and gave me a Range Rover book. That was cool!

Old 12-28-2008, 02:26 PM
fyre82
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Santa brought me; a gnarly cold, 1.5' of rainy snow, a new hoodie and confirmation that the movers will be here Jan 12th to take me back home.

All in all not bad.

Rich

Old 12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
f2501967
Senior User
well my finacee' and i decided not to get each other anything for x-mas. we spent about $300.00 on our son charlie who is 4yrs old. we got him some clothes a couple hot wheels, and a leapster with a game.

and we got our ex-neighbor a dvd of "wanted" and his wife a pair of fuzzy house slippers.

and they got charlie 2 card games, and couple of other toys.
they gave me a new bbq set made of stainless steel. and gave michelle raiders calendar and a remote control caddy.

and while bbq a ham, ran out of gas. so we had to finish the ham in the oven.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:56 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First thing Christmas morning, I arrived home from work. fumbling with my keys to unlock the door, smelling a fresh coffee's perk.
I looked and looked about the house for what St Nick had brought, nothing in sight, not even a pot.
Then, there before me, I peered into the stove. To my astoundment, there finding a lump of coal, all tied up with bows.

But me and the wife bought eachother a lap top computer.

I hope you all had a merry one.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by f2501967
well my finacee'

"financee"? Ha ha, I like it.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:51 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
I got a check from my parents, a couple of coffee mugs, some candy (too add to my ever-expanding waist line). My wife and I and her brother and his wife are treating ourselves to a snow-coach trip in Yellowstone Park on New Year's Eve.

My wife and I are trying to cut down on giving each other stuff since our house is too full of "stuff" and we don't need it. We usually go out to dinner or take a short weekend trip instead.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:25 AM
joe f350
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i got a m14 ebr real gun form my grand pa

Old 01-04-2009, 05:24 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
A credit card bill .... Lol .... j/k. I did get a kewl book on Muscle Cars and then left it at my Brother in laws. Plus, Karen bought me a Blu-Ray Player and Sony wireless headphones to listen to the TV at night. The Sony wireless headphones work pretty good except they sqeak a little from the headband switch. However, if you turn up the volume a little bit you can only hear good quality sound. I like them !!! Music anywhere around the house now. You can listen to them for about 5 hours and they recharge in about 3hrs.

The thing I notice is my ears have been ringing lately. ;-0