Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

All I want for x-mas is ...Another Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 06:39 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I want for x-mas is ...Another Truck

I've added to the collection folks. My brother picked up a 1979 F100 late last year that I recently bought off of him. It has a 302 engine out of a mustang. The thing goes like "H".."E" double hockey sticks like we say in my family friendly household.
Its a long box which is out of the norm for me. Has an automatic and is copper colour. Reminds me of Chad's truck a little

Has some dings here and there but will be fun. Its the powertrain that has me intrigued cause there are so many 302 parts and upgrades out there. They put the original 2 barrel intake and carb back on from the truck. As far as I can tell the 302 is from an 85 mustang and the original 4 bbl could have been screwed up who knows so for dependability they threw the 2bbl back on. I know its a roller motor cause of the timing and some sleuthing.
Anyhow I have a head gaskets to change which mean that some E7 heads that should find their way onto the motor and maybe headers, and intake and so on and so on.......

I'll try and get some pics up.

I'm on the road again for x-mas in about 4 hours so talk to you all again next year.

TFC

Old 12-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
I can hear the excitement in your key strokes,LOL.

Originally Posted by truckfarmingcanuck
I've added to the collection folks. My brother picked up a 1979 F100 late last year that I recently bought off of him. It has a 302 engine out of a mustang. The thing goes like "H".."E" double hockey sticks like we say in my family friendly household.
Its a long box which is out of the norm for me. Has an automatic and is copper colour. Reminds me of Chad's truck a little

Has some dings here and there but will be fun. Its the powertrain that has me intrigued cause there are so many 302 parts and upgrades out there. They put the original 2 barrel intake and carb back on from the truck. As far as I can tell the 302 is from an 85 mustang and the original 4 bbl could have been screwed up who knows so for dependability they threw the 2bbl back on. I know its a roller motor cause of the timing and some sleuthing.
Anyhow I have a head gaskets to change which mean that some E7 heads that should find their way onto the motor and maybe headers, and intake and so on and so on.......

I'll try and get some pics up.

I'm on the road again for x-mas in about 4 hours so talk to you all again next year.

TFC
You sound like you just won the Ford Truck lottery, will we be seeing this one at the Arthur show in 2009?

I'm getting the feeling it's a possibility.

Rick.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Jeff, good to here from you.
The amount of available stock or after market parts for the small block ford was exactly why I dumped the 360 and put in the 302. Not the best engine for a truck but I have no complaints. Enjoy it.
But, uhm, isn't the fleet getting a little out of hand? 5 keepers? or did I loose count?

Frank

Old 12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Sounds like a fun truck Jeff. Welcome back