1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need wiring/pin-outs for '08 mirrors w/power telescope & fold

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:13 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need wiring/pin-outs for '08 mirrors w/power telescope & fold

I picked up a set of '08 mirrors that have all the options including the power telescope and power fold options. Got them from an individual, so no wiring or instructions came with them. I am having trouble finding the wiring diagram to make the power fold and telescope work properly.

I know I'm gonna have to take the mirror apart to get the left/right functions working properly, and that's no big deal. I've also got a spot on the dash where I'm going to fit some switches for the power fold and telescope, as well as one for the heat. I previously had something in the dash there, so I've got a hole to fill anyway.

Does anyone have or know where I can get the pin-outs for the plug so I can get these things hooked up with everything working properly? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:58 PM
jimmycorrao33
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey jtharvey, i wish i had some info for you, but unfortunately i don't. i am going to watch this thread closely though, because this is exactly what i want to do on my pickup.
also, i was looking at your pics on "my webshots" and i've got to say, you have a beautiful pickup. i'm green with jealousy. i love what you done with it. can you give me some info on the front clip mod? how much did it cost you? where did you get the lights and the grille? did you have to mod the grille very much? and how hard was the whole job overall?
sorry for the list of questions, but i'm a bit timid in jumping into such a big mod.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
I'd really like to get some info on the mirrors. I guess nobody has done the power fold & extend yet though.

The lights are standard 05 lights. I think I got them on eBay. I modified the header panel to get the lights to fit, simply cutting out what was in the way. The grill can be trimmed along the bottom, which cuts the tabs off, but the bottom of the grill can be held in place with zip ties. I got it off eBay as well. There should be some pre-cut grills available if you wanted to go that route.

I didn't think it was that hard actually. If you do a little searching on the forum, you should be able to find several threads on the upgrades.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Beerstalker
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do a search, I'm fairly certain the wiring colors have been posted in one of the threads about doing this swap. I think TNT in Round Rock may have posted them.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
The wires for the mirror movement, heat, and signals are posted many times. It's the wiring for the power fold and telescope that I was unable to find.

I searched nearly every thread I could find. I went through 5 or 6 pages of results and was unable to find the wiring for telescope and fold if they're out there.