General Automotive Discussion

Why would Ford build anything the buyer wants?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:57 PM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Ford Truck
My wifes Ranger has been a great little truck but it was a settle for vehicle, we wanted a 4 door small pick up truck with 4x4 capabilities, GM makes one Nissan makes one Dodge makes one, Ford does not.

I own two Broncos a 78 and 79 excellent both but if I wanted to buy something new like them now I'd have to buy a Jeep or a Toyota FJ and I don't want to do that
I would like to buy a Ford.

You seem very angry and unable to have a civil discussion on the merits of Ford or its vehicles, my first post was a touch tongue in cheek but you take it way too seriously.

Rick.
Sorry to hear for your misfortune finding the Ford that meets your requirements. Good luck with your future non ford purchase, and i hope it works out for you.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:34 PM
OldBlueOvalDude
Senior User
Truth is that Ford has been building exactly what we've wanted for the last 30 years- pickup trucks and darn good ones at that. And we bought them in large numbers. If we would have been buying econo-box micro cars for the last 30 years like we should have (any one remember the '73 Oil Embargo?) Ford would surely have brought them to the North American market. The truth is that Ford has been doing quite well in the rest of the world with small cars and the World Ranger is a world class product. I just wish it were available here. We as consumers should step up to the plate and accept some responsibility here. When gas was cheap and the economy seemingly booming, Ford was producing exactly what we we were buying. In the year or so since the latest energy crisis struck and the economy tanked, we turned on Detroit because they magically couldn't immediately flood the showrooms with new models to meet our fickle tastes. Shame on us! If you want to bitch about something, bitch about our domestic mfg'ers not being able to market their products from other markets here.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
Agreed... very valid statement

Old 12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
FOUNTAIN 1
Elder User
Thr real issue to me is 1st with firestone , that took and injured several lives didnt seem to care just point fingers anywhere but where they laid accountable . NEXT an ongoing major design flaw that all as bit dangerous in the superduty as was in the explorer , Many of us late model sd are having this prob . yet ask ford and there dealerships and no one has heard of such a thing , Safty is top proiority and to leave millions of poor designed trucks on the street to kill or hurt innocent people is somthing that cannot be forgiven . NOR ALLOWED TO BE PUSHED UNDER THE BED BECAUSE IT WILL COST TOO MUCH TO FIX !! if there is any true Ford Loyalists that feel differant than i . Buy a sd and have it give you a ride for life . Or god forbid be one of the several that lost there life to last prob TIRES , that no one ever heard of . SAD SAD SAD to treat youre customers as guiney pigs , and continue to go on as buissness as USUAL . Shame on you . we as customers deserve to at least be safe . no one is perfect , BUT TO NOT CARE BECAUSE OF THE COST IS ... WELL DEADLY !! owner of three 15 pass e350 s and one deadly 06 f350 drw

Old 12-15-2008, 06:43 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
What are you talking about, ford has more veicles with 5 star safty ratings than anyone else, As far as the firestone feasco, ford and firestone paid dearly. Ford had delt with firestone for a 100 years, then the japanese bought firstone and put out an inferior product, crap happens. I have no idea of what your talking about in the super duty, nor do you. You have 9 posts here, if this is the kinda crap you have to offer, whay are you here? Why don't you go over toyota's safty record, if you can get it released as they keep things hush, hush as much as possible. The stories I could tell you from my time at the yoda dealer. No car company is perfect just like no people are perfect. This continual ford bashing shouldn't be toleraded by the mods or our members. Opinions are one thing, but all out attacks like from fountain1 in over the line for a newbie and he's more than like'ly a troll and needs to hit the road. If he would have said one thing nice about ford in his post, then it's a ford guy's opinion, but nothing but a post full of attacks and bashing," come on guy's", lets stand up for our truck brand and nip this sorta crap in the bud. I've owned super duties, explorers and even pinto's and have had none of them try to kill me, or even a safty issue. However, I'm not going to be the lone ranger here on defending ford, I need some help, "come on ford guy's, where are you all at"?

Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 AM
fonefiddy
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Firestone debacle was because people were to lazy to check the tire pressure. And to stupid to know how a tall 4X4 vehicle drives. The warnings are posted on the visors and in the owners manual.

Another case of Fat, Lazy, Irresponsible Americans, blaming someone else for their own faults/stupidity.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
So everyone here has to be a Ford suckup with nothing but good things to say about Ford? Is that how it's supposed to work. You need to get some thicker skin.
Some people have had excellent luck with Fords, Many have not, me included. To blindly say Ford is better than Toyota because you've only owned Fords and you wont buy Jap vehicles is a joke.

There are plenty of others on this site who have been shafted by Ford in the past, quality or service wise. I had the pleasure of both.

Rally the Ford troops, That'll work.

Originally Posted by wendell borror
What are you talking about, ford has more veicles with 5 star safty ratings than anyone else, As far as the firestone feasco, ford and firestone paid dearly. Ford had delt with firestone for a 100 years, then the japanese bought firstone and put out an inferior product, crap happens. I have no idea of what your talking about in the super duty, nor do you. You have 9 posts here, if this is the kinda crap you have to offer, whay are you here? Why don't you go over toyota's safty record, if you can get it released as they keep things hush, hush as much as possible. The stories I could tell you from my time at the yoda dealer. No car company is perfect just like no people are perfect. This continual ford bashing shouldn't be toleraded by the mods or our members. Opinions are one thing, but all out attacks like from fountain1 in over the line for a newbie and he's more than like'ly a troll and needs to hit the road. If he would have said one thing nice about ford in his post, then it's a ford guy's opinion, but nothing but a post full of attacks and bashing," come on guy's", lets stand up for our truck brand and nip this sorta crap in the bud. I've owned super duties, explorers and even pinto's and have had none of them try to kill me, or even a safty issue. However, I'm not going to be the lone ranger here on defending ford, I need some help, "come on ford guy's, where are you all at"?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
The name of the sit is ford truck enthusiasts, not ford truck bashing site, or ford truck bitching site. When a post contains nothing but ford bashing, there not an enthusiast, now are there? It's not like they say, I love my 06 F-150, but my 99 was junk, I had this problem with it or that problem. "NO", it's ford bashing from the first word untill the last. I don't need thicker skin, I need trolls to stay away so us enthusiast can enjoy the site.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:13 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
Originally Posted by wendell borror
The name of the sit is ford truck enthusiasts, not ford truck bashing site, or ford truck bitching site. When a post contains nothing but ford bashing, there not an enthusiast, now are there? It's not like they say, I love my 06 F-150, but my 99 was junk, I had this problem with it or that problem. "NO", it's ford bashing from the first word untill the last. I don't need thicker skin, I need trolls to stay away so us enthusiast can enjoy the site.
Maybe you need to start your own site called "Ford Enthusiasts and positive Ford comments only" Forums. Then everyone can drink the koolaid without any dissenting views. It would be like preaching to the choir. Just think how much fun that would be.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 AM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
[quote=fonefiddy;6885316]The Firestone debacle was because people were to lazy to check the tire pressure. And to stupid to know how a tall 4X4 vehicle drives. The warnings are posted on the visors and in the owners manual. quote]

I have two family members who had those so called killer Firestones on their vehciles for years one had them on 7 years (wasn't a high mileage driver) and the other had them on for 3 years. Through the recall they both got brand new tires to replace their firestones that they never had problems with. Run any tire low on air pressure in a hot climate at high speeds and it will probably blow in short order.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:10 AM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Dude, get a grip, thisn't a freedom of the press site, it's privately owned and operated for ford truck enthusiates. It was created so you guy's can come on here and bash ford at will, lets get that straight right off the bat. These aren't just veiw's, it's over the top ford bashing. We don't need that here, there's plenty of other sites you can go and bash fords. We and I don't have a problem with views and opinions that not doesn't allways favor ford. We do it our selfs, but we our ford owners, lovers and enthusiasts. We also talk positive about ford as they are our vehicle of choice. It's not all good and not all bad but a mix. The problem is when someone comes on here to purposely just bash ford, thats not what this site is about. In this case we have a guy with 9 posts and justs rips ford down one side and up the other, yeah we tale offense to that. Not with some body such as your self who has 259 posts. I haven't read all your posts, but I'm sure you haven't spent 259 posts bashing ford. You may not allways be positive, but I'm sure your not allways negitive either. Are you sorta seeing what I'm getting at? I don't want to offend you and for you to think you can't say negitive things about ford, cause you can, "heck", we all do at times. You seem like a nice guy and I know what your saying, just don't get me wrong in what I'm saying. We do get alot of trolls on here that are up to no good. The site was put here for every Tom , Dick and Hairy to air out his dirty laundry cause he has a beef with ford and needs a place to unload. That offends us that are ford fanatics and that are here to discuss our passion. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway, I know you are a valued member. With 259 posts, I'm sure you've been a big help to people and thats what it's all about. Sorry if you have taken me wrong, I'm really a nice guy who loves ford.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Excaliber, I've read many of your past posts and it seems that for the most part they are pretty much all negative towards Ford. Its your opinion and your entitled to it but seriously why do you hang around a site and constantly bash a vehicle or brand? I've had bad experiences with Explorers and will probably never buy another and Ford is far from perfect. Your negativetivity just gets old......maybe its time for you to move on.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:08 PM
BURNSTOUGHFORD
Posting Guru
I agree that the firestone tires issue was due to under inflating. People are just to lazy to keep up on those sort of things.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,220 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by BURNSTOUGHFORD
I agree that the firestone tires issue was due to under inflating. People are just to lazy to keep up on those sort of things.
It's been my impression that the wrong tire pressure was recommnded for the tires buy either Ford or Firestone. Correct me if I'm wrong. My stepson had a set of them on an Explorer and the sidewalls came apart and threw the tread. They were replaced by Firestone at no cost. Thank God there was no crash.

As far as the Ford bashing, I totally agree. If there is nothing positive to contribute, then move along little dogey. I've had my issues with FMC, my previous dealer and a POS '95 T-bird. For the most part, (99.9%) I'm extremely satisfied and I don't need bile spewed from all angles.

I'm happy to read your gripes and bad experiences but I also want to know what was done to abate the problem. Share with us so we all may learn.

For example, on another thread there is an '08 F-450 ambulance with the 6.4L that has blown an engine at 36k. It makes me sad and very concerned that the engine failed but that is great input as I'm in the market in 2010 for a SD. No negetive bile, just a reasonable post. Engines and transmissions fail, no matter who the builder is.

Remember, for those of us who are or have been or will be in leadership positions at work, it's easy to find flaws in people and challenging to find postive attributes in a person's performance. A well rounded and well thought out performance review is tough to wordsmith. However, it's the most useful leadership tool available.

Sorry for the rant.

Tim

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Red Ford Truck
Posting Guru
I started the thread and.....................

It was never my intent to have folks bash the Ford Product.

I was merely trying to start a discussion on Ford the company and the management that runs the company.

The product is for the most part today a good one I think, but past product from 5,10,15 and 20 years back and the management decisions have damaged the reputation and financial survival of Ford.

I wish for Ford to be around for many years to come, but I worry that the big heads that run the company are not committed to the company, it's customers or employees and are only there for the pay check.

I think the management of all the big three auto makers is so far removed from the average person as to be almost from another planet.

I see none of them having inspirational plans or actions to save the domestic auto industry all they seem to be able to do is ask for hand outs and slash jobs.

That was all I was saying.

Also I don't remember reading anywhere on the site rules that say you can only post if you are a Ford cheer leader.

Rick.

Quick Reply: Why would Ford build anything the buyer wants?