General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

For the guys, with wives or girlfriends

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
smokestone52
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the guys, with wives or girlfriends

Video: Advertising Age

Old 12-06-2008, 08:52 PM
FM FordFan
Senior User
That is so true. For my 1st aniversity, I bought my wife a real nice set of cookware. Big Mistake! The thing that I was confused about, she even asked for a nice set of cookware. I know now that even though she wanted cookware, she did not wanted it for her aniversity.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oddly enough, for my wifes bday last year, I got her a dyson, She says its the best bday present ever

Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
Okay Im a rule breaker and if it says guys only you can bet this girl is gonna go look. This was the best vid ever. Almost wet myself I was laughing so hard.

NO APPLIANCES, COOKWARE ETC! If it involves "work" dont make a gift out of it unless you are going to "give us the real gift" of watching you use it.

I am speaking from a womans heart here... When you give a woman an appliance it is telling her you want her to do more work or just make it to where the work she does now a bit easier. There approximately 360 days out of the year to give her a vacuum, blow dryer, Ronco anything, juicer/slicer/dicer pedi paws whatever. On the five or however many she has "special occaisions" give her something that she doesnt have to put to work to make your life easier. (well there is one thing women like to get that fits that description but this is not the forum)

We do not like getting griddles, onion choppers, thigh masters, yoga *****, Jenny Craig gift certificates (my best friend just got that for her anniversary and I think he is now in a place somewhere underground folding laundry for eternity)

Be careful buying sexy lingerie because when you go into Vics Secret and see the size 2 sales girl and your manhood makes the purchase, that size 2 in the hands of your 11,12,13 size wife you will get that "you have got to be kidding me" look and then you too will be sucked into the canine dwelling vortex.

I am one that didnt see humor in the Mister Coffee coffee maker Hollands dad (now ex husband) gave me for our wedding gift.. I gave him the "look" and he said "Come on honey it will be great steaming hot coffee and it has a timer so it can be programmed for 4:30 am" I said "I dont even drink coffee" His reply..."Yes I know baby girl but I was still thinking about you, with the auto programming you wont have to get up before the sun to make my coffee" I think he is still folding sheets.

So remember guys for a "just because" gift go for the vacuum, pots and pans, steam cleaner, roomba etc but for the days to say I love you...even just a little something we would really like is what its about.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:17 PM
horsepuller
Post Fiend
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts
Laughed so hard! That poor guy Donny's been in the doghouse so long he had hair when he first went there!

Originally Posted by hoosierbaby64
Be careful buying sexy lingerie because when you go into Vics Secret and see the size 2 sales girl and your manhood makes the purchase, that size 2 in the hands of your 11,12,13 size wife you will get that "you have got to be kidding me" look and then you too will be sucked into the canine dwelling vortex.
Hmmm... experienced this first hand and glad to know now that this is a common syndrome!

So what is it about us guys that we go all ga ga if the girls give us new power tools to make our lives easier?

Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by horsepuller

So what is it about us guys that we go all ga ga if the girls give us new power tools to make our lives easier?
So, what is it about us guys that give our girls new 'power tools' to make our lives easier?

Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 AM
ncstxman
Junior User
Wish I'd known this before I did my shopping, hope I can find those receipts!

Old 12-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Was in fact this AM, handed a $10 off card from Victoria's Secret and informed that in addition to certain "jewelry" peviously discussed, that a "housecoat" (NOT play-wear) was in order...

Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Octane
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay Im a rule breaker and if it says guys only you can bet this girl is gonna go look. This was the best vid ever. Almost wet myself I was laughing so hard.

NO APPLIANCES, COOKWARE ETC! If it involves "work" dont make a gift out of it unless you are going to "give us the real gift" of watching you use it.

I am speaking from a womans heart here... When you give a woman an appliance it is telling her you want her to do more work or just make it to where the work she does now a bit easier. There approximately 360 days out of the year to give her a vacuum, blow dryer, Ronco anything, juicer/slicer/dicer pedi paws whatever. On the five or however many she has "special occaisions" give her something that she doesnt have to put to work to make your life easier. (well there is one thing women like to get that fits that description but this is not the forum)

We do not like getting griddles, onion choppers, thigh masters, yoga *****, Jenny Craig gift certificates (my best friend just got that for her anniversary and I think he is now in a place somewhere underground folding laundry for eternity)

I am one that didnt see humor in the Mister Coffee coffee maker Hollands dad (now ex husband) gave me for our wedding gift.. I gave him the "look" and he said "Come on honey it will be great steaming hot coffee and it has a timer so it can be programmed for 4:30 am" I said "I dont even drink coffee" His reply..."Yes I know baby girl but I was still thinking about you, with the auto programming you wont have to get up before the sun to make my coffee" I think he is still folding sheets.

So remember guys for a "just because" gift go for the vacuum, pots and pans, steam cleaner, roomba etc but for the days to say I love you...even just a little something we would really like is what its about.
Amen to that. Its never a good idea for your wife/girlfriend's birthday/valentines day/sweetest day/anniversary to buy her stuff that involves work or to buy her stuff that she will use that would use to make stuff or do stuff for you. Oh and never, EEEEEEEEEEEVER buy her anything that has to do with exercise, weight loss or making her look prettier. Thats a sure way to end up sleeping on the couch or outside in your truck for a while. You might just as well walk right up to her and say, "hey baby, you ever think about going on a diet? You're looking kinda fat..."
Flowers, candles, stuffed animals; stuff like that is good. Whats even better is to do something sweet for your wife/girlfriend on a random day for no particular reason. When she asks you whats the occasion, all you gotta do is say, "No reason, just because I love you."
Little things like that mean more to a woman than how much money you spend on her on her birthday/valentines/sweetest day/anniversary.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not the norm when it comes to receiving gifts.....

I would love ANYTHING that would make my life a little easier......and if it is something I NEED or WANT that will make it easier, that will get you a BONE-US........most likely more than one

dont buy me materialistic crap that will clutter my home, car, person or life.....I have way more than my share already......what I appreciate more than ANYTHING money can buy is your time spent with me on ANY day of the year.....

I dont do birthdays, I dont do frivolous anniversaries, I dont do valentines day, I dont do commercial Christmas, I dont do sweetest day......get the picture?

The GREATEST gift you can give me is the gift of yourself.....and if you ABSOLUTELY feel as if you need or want to spend money on me, take me out to dinner....just the two of us.....no kids, they take my order, bring me my food, refill my drink, offer me dessert (even though I wont take it), and then they clean up the mess......

why does there have to be a few days out of the year where you feel 'obligated' to express your love to me?? if you cannot say it and show it each and every day of the year, then why are you with me??

but I do reserve the right to spoil you with all my affection and to fulfill all of your wants, needs and desires......

if ANYONE doubts the words I have posted here.......copy/paste the permalink to my post......send it in a PM to pmasley.....I guarantee he can vouch it all to be the truth......this is for all those sarcastic ones who love to give me a difficult time....LOL

EDIT: I forgot to add.......if you dont want to spend money on me....that is ok, too.....invite me out for a walk, sit on the couch and watch a movie with me (none of the stoopid sappy love thingys), play in an internet chatroom with me, any type of NON-electronic games are good, read to me or let me read to you.......and most awesome of all- - - - - -sit or lay with bodies inter-twined and fall asleep with me........

Old 12-07-2008, 10:06 AM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
EXACTLY octane and p-one

Women want something that is beyond cleaning, cooking and their looks.
Like with me do not ever buy me jewelry, omg cannot stand jewelry. hate roses...hand icked flowers showed you actually put some effort into bring me flowers.

My kinds gifts? OMG chain saw blade sharpened (that alone will get my guy extra when the lights go down points that night), drill bits, sheets for my sander, coils for my truck, stuff for my horses (I cry when I open a box and tubes of dewormer for my horses is my gift for the special day) For a birthday a b/f I had bought me a motel gift certificate and paid for my barrel runs when I went to an out of state barrel race. That was sweet.

Vacs, crock pots etc are for THE HOUSEHOLD not your wife or girlfriend. If you see that she needs new cookware then go out and buy cookware and do not say "honey look what your lil stud muffin bought for you" NO NO NO

A great gift idea? love coupons. make em yourself. Can be anything from you doing dishes to a erotic back or front rub. Just make it from your heart. A vac cleaner just tells a woman you didnt really want to take time to get her something for "her" but that the floors just are not as clean as you would like them to be.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Women want something that is beyond cleaning, cooking and their looks.
here is where we differ......I love to have my warn out appliances replaced without having to ask....it means that he is paying attention to what I am doing.......

Like with me do not ever buy me jewelry, omg cannot stand jewelry. hate roses...hand icked flowers showed you actually put some effort into bring me flowers.
I dont do jewelry either.....although I have a beautiful Mommas ring and necklace, they are seldom worn.......I do however have a new bracelet.....it will let peeps know I cannot have aspirin~~

as for the flowers....roses are beautiful to grow, but bring me a dandelion or clover from the yard before you set out to mow, and you will get your dessert after the kiddos are all snug-as-bugs~~~

Vacs, crock pots etc are for THE HOUSEHOLD not your wife or girlfriend. If you see that she needs new cookware then go out and buy cookware and do not say "honey look what your lil stud muffin bought for you" NO NO NO
I disagree and agree here.....I run the household, if you can make it easier for me, by all means it will make things easier for you

but I agree with the last statement....."honey look what your lil stud muffin bought for you"......BIG-BIG-BIG-BIG NO-NO

A vac cleaner just tells a woman you didnt really want to take time to get her something for "her" but that the floors just are not as clean as you would like them to be.
nah, if the floors dont look as clean as the used to, maybe it IS time for a new vac cleaner, as I must have run this one ragged~~~~

Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 AM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
No worries about buying gifts for my wife. I AM the only present she'll ever need. When I walk in the door after a long day at work, it's like a special occasion all over again...

Pete

Old 12-07-2008, 10:31 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by petes79f150
No worries about buying gifts for my wife. I AM the only present she'll ever need. When I walk in the door after a long day at work, it's like a special occasion all over again...

Pete

NOT funny........THAT is how it should be~~

Old 12-07-2008, 10:35 AM
preppypyro
FTE Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I go for the big gifts now. I bought my woman a boat last year for xmas's, bday's, v day's and any other gift giving holiday. She told me the gift will last as long as the boat does, so im off the hook for a few years!

Best 27k I ever spent

Quick Reply: For the guys, with wives or girlfriends