Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Well it's about time!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We got about a foot out of that storm, nice and wet. I'm really enjoying the moist air this week.

Old 12-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical birthday snow for me, every year its cold as can be and snows hahahahahaa

4-5" in west lakewood, and 11-14" west of georgetown.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:15 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Colo79Ford
Typical birthday snow for me, every year its cold as can be and snows hahahahahaa

4-5" in west lakewood, and 11-14" west of georgetown.

BUT ITS FRICKEN COLD!!!!!!

Thank god I just replaced my batteries about 4 days ago. My old ones would of never made it through the first night of this cold spell.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Im surprised my truck is starting, i have an 8 year old battery that has been abused pretty badly.... takes forever for the truck to warm up, but it starts.

Old 12-16-2008, 07:46 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
We got about 4 inches out of this storm. Needed the moisture, but that E350 is a real bear to drive on ice and hard pack snow! Seems there is a war going on between the front and rear ends as to who is to lead ! !

Old 12-16-2008, 08:20 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by rikfish
We got about 4 inches out of this storm. Needed the moisture, but that E350 is a real bear to drive on ice and hard pack snow! Seems there is a war going on between the front and rear ends as to who is to lead ! !
So that who that was!!! You passed me the other day and I just thought your were lost.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BillyBob69
So that who that was!!! You passed me the other day and I just thought your were lost.
I'd ask which way I was headed, but that probably wasn't the direction I was traveling!!!!

Now to top things off, I met one of our wonderful CSP folk this morning, and get to donate about $111 to the coffers ! ! ! ! All because he didn't like my lane changing......... I signalled, didn't hit anyone, what's to not like? And he had the gall to wish me a Merry Christmas too.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
get to donate about $111 to the coffers ! ! ! ! All because he didn't like my lane changing......... I signalled, didn't hit anyone, what's to not like?
I see some people out there who I wish were fined $400 minimum for their "signalling."
The purpose of signalling is to warn others of your intentions, NOT to tell them of your
actions! When changing lanes, you're supposed to signal for 100' (assuming >40 MPH,
else 50') before making any moves. I really hate it when some jerk in front of me turns on
his signal (perhaps for just one or two blinks) just as he simultaneously cuts me off; in
those cases, signaling doesn't do any damn good as I can SEE what you're doing. The
purpose is to tell me ahead of time what you're soon going to do.

I get similarly irked at people who turn on their turn signal just as they begin to turn
instead of ahead of time like they're supposed to.... I am now turning!!! Sheesh, what
idiots.

These are questions on the test.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Originally Posted by ctubutis
....These are questions on the test.
Huh? What test? Awww crap...I think I was sick that day.

Or was I......

Old 12-18-2008, 06:13 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
...Now to top things off, I met one of our wonderful CSP folk this morning, and get to donate about $111 to the coffers ! ! ! ! All because he didn't like my lane changing......... I signalled, didn't hit anyone, what's to not like? And he had the gall to wish me a Merry Christmas too.
I hear ya, between me and my wife we have donated over $1000 to the city, county and state this year alone.... It's all about the money, very few breaks were given to us this summer.

Yeah, bad signaling isn't a great thing, it sure isn't worth a ticket. I simple warning and waste my time on the side of the road would do just fine. It's all about the money to keep them in a badged job. It's us and them it seems, usually.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:48 PM
rikfish
Posting Guru
I see some people out there who I wish were fined $400 minimum for their "signalling."
The purpose of signalling is to warn others of your intentions, NOT to tell them of your
actions! When changing lanes, you're supposed to signal for 100' (assuming >40 MPH,
else 50') before making any moves. I really hate it when some jerk in front of me turns on
his signal (perhaps for just one or two blinks) just as he simultaneously cuts me off; in
those cases, signaling doesn't do any damn good as I can SEE what you're doing. The
purpose is to tell me ahead of time what you're soon going to do.

I get similarly irked at people who turn on their turn signal just as they begin to turn
instead of ahead of time like they're supposed to.... I am now turning!!! Sheesh, what
idiots.

These are questions on the test.
Thanks for the driving lesson. Since you don't know what the situation was, and you pass judgment on my actions, I will assume you drive like the dope I was going around. Left lane, well below the speed limit (65), blocking traffic, yappin' on a cell phone,...... get the pic? Idiot trooper ignores the guy creating a traffic problem, waiting until someone gets fed up and goes around the fool. Yes, I was aggressive, yes it was a bit abrupt, but not dangerous. I was clear of this idiot when I changed lanes the second time and went into the original lane. If you're one of those drivers that block traffic in the left lane, ignoring not only the law but simple common courtesy, you best get used to others not appreciating your lack of skills and common sense.

Now, you're somewhat educated, as well as 'fish-flamed'.

To end on a pleasant note, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ! ! This post puts me OHHH so close to that magic 1K number ! ! !

Old 12-20-2008, 12:04 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
I hear ya, between me and my wife we have donated over $1000 to the city, county and state this year alone.... It's all about the money, very few breaks were given to us this summer.

Yeah, bad signaling isn't a great thing, it sure isn't worth a ticket. I simple warning and waste my time on the side of the road would do just fine. It's all about the money to keep them in a badged job. It's us and them it seems, usually.
It wasn't bad signaling, it was a dangerous lane change according to him. Dope was well below the speed limit in the left lane tying up traffic behind. He was 'pacing' another car in the right lane so nobody could go around. This went for quite a distance until he finally got ahead of the car in the right lane, but he wouldn't move over, so I kicked it and went around him. I guess my lane change after going around was too abrupt for the trooper. He never specified which change was dangerous, I am assuming it was No.2

Just frustrates me as I haven't had a ticket in many many years. That is until now...... I suppose this just makes up for those other times we get away with, kinda like OJ ! ! !

Now, back on topic, we'll have to see what bad weather and omens tomorrow brings! Supposed to be very windy and cold down here, slim chance of snow late Saturday I think.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:27 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Thanks for the driving lesson. Since you don't know what the situation was, and you pass judgment on my actions...
Hey, man, I was very careful to NOT make direct accusations at anybody about anything!
All I said was, "Here is what I see some people doing and here is why it is uncourteous to
others and I wish they would be taught to not do that." Nowhere did I "pass judgment" or
directly accuse you of anything because, you're right, I wasn't there and I didn't see it and
I didn't know the whole story, all I knew is what was presented here. If you want to
somehow see somewhere in there a personal attack on yourself, well, that's your
prerogative but I contributed in no way.

A ticket is merely an accusation that you broke the law, nothing more. If you feel the
accusations are false or unwarranted and that your actions were necessary or justified,
you ave every right to take the accuser to court where both parties will present their
cases to a judge.

-ct

Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
A ticket is merely an accusation that you broke the law, nothing more. If you feel the
accusations are false or unwarranted and that your actions were necessary or justified,
you ave every right to take the accuser to court where both parties will present their
cases to a judge. -ct
Been there done that last week. Didn't work out so well. Self representation against a trained city prosecutor is a joke. They make us "criminals" look like idiots in court. Again, most traffic tickets in COLORADO are revenue generators.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:42 AM
rikfish
Posting Guru
Hey, man, I was very careful to NOT make direct accusations at anybody about anything!-ct
Apology accepted.....

Kidding. I was quick to fly off. It has been a rough week, my only excuse.

I was sincere wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Quick Reply: Well it's about time!!!!