Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

MIL Rant

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
MIL Rant

Well a new really long MIL rant, I just need to vent....

So to start off with Tonight we had the baby baptized.. It had to be in Beloit because my MIL will not travel (not can't travel, WILL not travel) So we changed the location to Beloit... We didn't pick the right Godparents, and we should pick a "Better name for the baby".. were the topics of conversation she droned on and on about. That way I could get together with my family on Saturday... OH no can't have that... it has to be on Saturday... OK OK No turkey with my family... My family understood... So we show up at noon... she is not out of bed yet... And she FORGOT about the big meal she was supposed to make... so we had canned Speghetti (Not to mention the fact that I lived in Italy for 10 years and cannot stand canned speghetti) We finish eating about 3 (started at 2:30 Man was I hungry by then)... Schedule was church at 6:00 Baptism at 7:15-7:30. We get to church on time.. Father has church end just a little early (6:55) then he doesn't stick around to shake hands of all the people leaving, so we can start the baptism as soon as possible. Well my family isn't Catholic, so they where going to be there @ 7:15. @ 7:00 Father is just about ready so my MIL starts nagging that we need to get started... then sh starts raising her voice telling me to get started and she was waiting on me... My parents aren't there yet (actually they where in the parking lot waiting for everyone else to come out of church, and they where going to walk in @ 7:15... the time they where told)... She actually wanted me to get started before they had arrived.... I was pretty ticked off... I call my dad he tells me that they where in the lot, and I tell him to come on in... First words out of my MILs mouth "Well its about time, get to the front we've been waiting on you, it rude to be late" (it's only 7:03).... Everyone freezes and looks to dad... he doesn't say anything.... Baptism goes well, then we rented the local DQ party room for afterward... WELL according to the MIL it is a waste of money, where are we going to eat?... why have a cake, they cost so much? That's just stupid." Well she made such a stink that non of Carolyn's family shows up, just mine... We had a great time. One of Carolyn's sisters shows up and my family scoots around to make room, serves them cake and includes them in conversation treats them like Family... this is the sister that was heading back to topeka. We get back to the MILS at about 9:45... "What took you so long... I bet the baby was passed around and got so many germs... it is going to be hard to take care of a sick baby... Where did anyone wash their hands?... I bet the food was awful... Hamburgers from there are full of germs... the toilets doors are filthy." She is still going on while I am typing this... I'm unscociable because I am at the table typing.

Carolyn's sister told me to just ignore it.... Mom and Dad invited me to a local mexican resturant for lunch, but the MIL heard that and said we all HAD to say and have Breakfast she already bought the food... She won't be up till at least noon, and then will start cooking (Lord help the person who thinks of doing anything in HER kitchen).... I told her we'll be at the Mexican place before noon, and if she wanted to see us she could get up earlier... You would have thought I pooped on her. She went into you never visit, you never do anything with this family... You sit over there using MY electricity, and haven't even thanked me for it..... blah blah (I kinda tuned out) and now I am in my truck using MY electricity to charge my laptop, and finish typing this. Oh I left a dollar on the table. I might just sleep here :-)

Sorry I had to rant.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:07 AM
97Centurion
Rub my Belly
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to apologize. Eat some beans and cabbage and go back inside.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:42 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
And some eggs and pecans!!!!!!!!

My MIL passed away shortly after I meet Margaret. I never had a chance to meet her. But my mom seems to be doing a bit to make up for it these days. Hang in there. Just think ya git ta go back ta work teamarrie.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:35 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
I was lucky and my inlaws were decent. My mom was a good lady but was hard on my wife until the wife told her where to go. They didn't hardly speak to each other for about a year, but after that got along ok, not great but ok.

Flip, your MIL sounds like the one from hell. I guess the good part is that you don't live next to her or even in the same town. Too bad she took a day that is a blessing and did all she could to make it a pain.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Thanks for the support guys... !!!! (Wonder why i only visit when I absolutly have to?) I guess while I was out in the truck there where words exchanged between wifey and MIL... So I started packing the truck and saying that we where going somewhere were we are wanted. I told her I would send plenty of pictures from this evening... becasue they will probably be one of the last times she see her grand baby. Of course she started boo hooing, until my wife said we would stay.. then magically the tears instantly stopped.... AND THE ACADAMY AWARD GOES TO.....

Anyhoo Everyone knows we have to meet Curt in Jewell @ 12:00 so in about an hour I am going to start loading the truck again... Noisily as possible. Then I am going to start Breakfast - Then at 11:00 I am going to put baby in the car, put a $20 on the tale and head out.

Good thing I volenteered to work Christmas!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I complain about my MIL but she is nothing compared to yours. I would remined her you married her daughter, not her and that from now on your family will come first.

Life is too short to have to put up with people like that.

Old 11-30-2008, 02:53 PM
husker
Hotshot
Sounds like she has issues that she needs help with that are deeper that just being hard to get along with. I feel sorry for someone that has so much misery in their life.

Old 11-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Thomasm67
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that Chad lucky i've never had that problem with the current MIL or My last one from my first marriage.

Old 11-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I think my dad and your MIL would make a great pair, they could sulk in each other's misery.

My father and I got in a fight over lunch today, right before I met up with you. I was just irritated.. I don't know if it is blood sugar issues, or whether that is just an excuse to act like a (donkey).
Every time we stay for longer than a day at my mom and dad's I always get in a fight with him. We have decided not to stay the night there anymore.
If we stay, the topic of every meal is always led by dad, and its always, "Why do we have to wait so long for dinner, you started it an hour ago!" or "you always get in such a hurry to cook, the food is always cold or burned!" Or "Thanks Woman!, you spoon feed everyone else, but didn't even offer me any!" , the list goes on and on, but always has the same tone, and always ends up at him yelling at at mom for every meal. (This doesn't settle well with me)
Going out to dinner with him at a restarant is the same thing, only the rants are different. "this doesn't look anything like the D)#N picture, These D)#N meals are getting so chinsy, everything is so small, why don't they fill these french fry bags all the way up, how can this be a 1/4 lb hamburger? its an ounce if it is anything. Everything is getting so small these days, these restaurants are getting so cheap with the food they give you, but aren't afraid to charge more! I never paid this much for a meal before, this better be the biggest/ best meal I ever had! Highway Robbery!"

Well, today was just another one of those days, and he went into his rant... D@)N this and D#@n that, and "what takes them so long, them other people got their food before us, and I know D$*n well, that we ordered before them!!!!
I spoke up I said that is 5 D#)ns I have heard since I sat down here, and to think we just got out of Church! Then he said "what?? should I be happy about something?"

My Wife spoke up bless her soul, and explained that there were young ears present and that she wasn't ready for them to talk like that.

Now... to make myself clear, I ain't saying that I don't cuss up a storm here or there, but I try to watch myself around the kids, especially if it is something they may be possibly be listening to. But my point is that he complains about everything!! No matter who feelings it hurts, or who the audience is.

The argument begins.... so I just got up and went to a different part of the restaurant and ate. Then he tried to corner me in the restroom, blocking the door so I couldn't get out, until someone else tried to come in. He wanted to know what it was that he said that made me mad..... He never will understand that that is how I grew up, always getting yelled at, never praised for anything, and I am tired of it!..
Well, I am guessing that you would need more info to know to what extreme I am talking about, but what it boils down to is I can sympathise with you.. because my dad is your MIL with a weiner between his legs..

Sorry... Just joining in the ranting!

Old 11-30-2008, 07:09 PM
husker
Hotshot
I think some folks get into the habit of complaining about everything and it becomes almost impossible to see the good that is around them. Most of us have tough times and some have a bunch more than others, but some people just make a ongoing habit of complaining.

I hope I don't do that or end up that way.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
I ask myself if it isn't caused by some kind of depression, but I don't know what to do about it, other than just avoid him more and more.

Sorry to Hyjack your thread Chad...

Old 11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chad, Curtis, I am right there with you!!

Since my MIL has been here it has been nothing but stress, it has come to the point where I look for excuses to get out of my own house. Some of the things she says aren't just rude, they are way beyond that. Like the other day, we were watching some war movie and she started in on how the Marines were nothing but a bunch of murderers that just want to kill everyone and someone just needs to shoot them all and the world would be better, she said this knowing that my grandfather, father and both brothers served in the USMC! I got rather angry and told her she will not ever speak like that in MY house and if she must she can leave. The other night it was all about my ol 85 (Da Beast) about how it was a POS when my grandfather and Dad had it and it was a POS when I had it and will always be a POS and Jessi should just send it to the scrap yard. I had to remind her that that so called POS hauled her and all of her stuff down here from Nebraska, and her and her truck all the way back from Texas. Well tonight it was all about Hoss, I mentioned I needed to stop and get 2 more gallons of oil so I can do an oil change this week and she started in about Hoss bieng a POS and I am always working on it, she said just last week you had to put a wheel bearing in, in which I replied "yeah, the side your #$%% was sitting on all the way to Oklahoma !!!!

Then there is the time with the wifey, used to be the kids would take at least 1 weekend outta the month and they would all stay at a friends house and it would be just the wife and I at home and that was nice, but now we don't even get that cuz she is always here.

She got this chebby with a stuck valve and asked if I could fix it and I told her it would be $100-$500 depending on machine work, and that was just labor, I didn't want a dime for doing it and she told me that was outrageuos and she would find someone more affordable to do it. Well guess what, she got quotes in the $500-$5000 range and wants me to do it this weekend, I told her that I had too much work to do for people that could afford me that I didn't have any time for charity work right now. So needless to say here I am in the living room by myself typing away while she gripes about how worthless and lazy I am!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
That's it we are going to have a party.. put then all in a room and lock the door.. last one alive wins... and we shoot em. :-) J/k Wifey appoligized for her mom and I asked her not too.. it should either come from the mom, or nothing. I expect nothing.

Anyhoo thanks for letting me rant!!! Good thing we have a place like this to release!!

Old 11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Mom called a little while ago.. she masked the phone call to see if we made it home ok, never done that before, then she called back a little while later. She wanted to know what had gone wrong, the thought it was her fault (years of being trained for being blamed for everything not being perfect by dad was setting in)
I really couldn't believe it she should have had no question as to what the argument was about, but it was like she really had no idea why (we) got upset. I explained it to her, and she agreed, but she didn't remember any of the conversation, it was like she blocked out the whole lunch.

I suppose that Dad put her up to it, but he wasn't about to call me and ask.

Unfortunately Mom has put all of this on her shoulders, and Dad is oblivious to anything, "everything is someone else's fault, because he never says anything that would offend, hurt, or tick someone else off and why is everyone so touchy?"

Old 12-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Chad, sorry I ddn't get a chance to see Calista yesterday, but after just having an argument with the dad, I didn't want to meet your MIL (especially after all of the heart warming stories I have heard in the past) Then when we met up later, It would have just been cruel to pull the blanket off and get her out of her nice warm seat. See her next week hopefully.

Quick Reply: MIL Rant