1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the most emabarassing day of my life...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:18 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
neal, how do i join RHN? and what is involved?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
MissIndependent
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
whats RHN?

and i was quite impressed with my 10 horse montgomery wards mower. it beat pushing broke down trucks into the shop...... i got so disgusted with the dealer for not having a power pusher that i drove home, loaded the mower up, came back, unloaded it and drug it in the shop...... from there it just stuck....lol

and do we have a date set for the repair mission yet?lol
working on that...i have to have someone to come with me...and the navy is not cooperating on that one we might end up having to come up and back on the same day...14 hrs on the road!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:27 PM
gtsom6
Junior User
If you need another set of hands I'll help out also. Just give a shout.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 AM
jeepman4804
New User
Action4478, guess what...i build rock buggies, and full bodied trail rigs for a living. they see much more abuse then your street driven ford will even dream of seeing. i also hate to be the bringer of bad news, but i do all the repair work on all my vehicles as well as family and friends, as well as paying customers. just because i am new to this site, does not mean i dont have a ton of REAL WORLD experience. I voted IDM due to the FACT that my truck acted the same way when it went out on my personal truck. until you know an individual personally, i highly suggest you think before you speak. I know you can not hear the sarcasm in text. but the gmc comment was not meant in 100% seriousness. the comment about my f-350 was 100% serious. while it will be a great truck for the money i have in it... i never had any major repair issues on any gmc i have owned/abused. this is the 2nd ford i have owned, and so far the only one i have spent a ton of time having to work on. Turbo, IDM, front end (broke pinion gear), exhaust, transmission, fuel pump, FPR, shift cable, radiator, all new injectors (2 went bad, so i upgraded ),and a couple other small things (sensors). the truck has only 270,000 miles, which i consider low on a diesel. i only have $7500 total in the truck right now due to the fact i did not take it some place to have the work done on it. so do you want to make any other personal attacks before you get your facts?

MissIndependent... let us know what ends up being the problem.
Clay

Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 AM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
you are in the navy?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
i also hate to be the bringer of bad news, but i do all the repair work on all my vehicles as well as family and friends, as well as paying customers.
My mistake

I voted IDM due to the FACT that my truck acted the same way when it went out on my personal truck.
I wouldn't start there ...very expensive

until you know an individual personally, i highly suggest you think before you speak
I did ,,& you were thinking before making the comments you made ?...

so do you want to make any other personal attacks before you get your facts?
Nahh,, I'll try to be a better person from now on ....

Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
neal, how do i join RHN? and what is involved?
Look here ....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...e-new-rhn.html

Old 12-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Joe you can join here:
Roadside Help Network - Contact Us

You can just go to that link I posted in the earlier thread also and follow the links from there. Basically you just send an e-mail. You have enough posts to become a member for sure. If you are a supporter you can automatically be a member though not required.

Joe I think her friend is in the military.

Jeepman Welcome to the forum. Stick around we have good fun here and learn alot.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by jeepman4804
Action4478, guess what...i build rock buggies, and full bodied trail rigs for a living. they see much more abuse then your street driven ford will even dream of seeing. i also hate to be the bringer of bad news, but i do all the repair work on all my vehicles as well as family and friends, as well as paying customers. just because i am new to this site, does not mean i dont have a ton of REAL WORLD experience. I voted IDM due to the FACT that my truck acted the same way when it went out on my personal truck. until you know an individual personally, i highly suggest you think before you speak. I know you can not hear the sarcasm in text. but the gmc comment was not meant in 100% seriousness. the comment about my f-350 was 100% serious. while it will be a great truck for the money i have in it... i never had any major repair issues on any gmc i have owned/abused. this is the 2nd ford i have owned, and so far the only one i have spent a ton of time having to work on. Turbo, IDM, front end (broke pinion gear), exhaust, transmission, fuel pump, FPR, shift cable, radiator, all new injectors (2 went bad, so i upgraded ),and a couple other small things (sensors). the truck has only 270,000 miles, which i consider low on a diesel. i only have $7500 total in the truck right now due to the fact i did not take it some place to have the work done on it. so do you want to make any other personal attacks before you get your facts?
Man, you get aufly upset if your challenged.
Rick is respected around here.
Earn some respect before you start trashing the trucks we love man.

A great majority of the guys in here all run trail rigs and probably know just as much about them as you.
And I know a handful of guys in here are all diesel mechanics.

I don't think you live here in Michigan either do you? Our trucks get eaten by salt on a yearly basis. We sacrifice our trucks to the salt gods so we can be happy and have a rusty frame and door panels. I still have 1 foot of snow buried under the bottom of my truck from driving.
See, you shouldn't talk to much, how the hell do you break a front pinion? You'd have to be doing something dumb. if you know all about mechanical stuff, and yada yada, you should have inspected the truck you bought better then you did, you would have seen these problems.

So, as for thinking before you speak, why don't you stop making attacks on everyone, because your going to get them back. And your going to get me to come after you too when you rag on Michigan members. And thats not hard to do, because there are more then 5 in here in and they all post daily.

Neal, I signed up for RHN, he never emailed me back!!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Try again ...

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Action4478
Try again ...
Yea, just jumped in here to do it.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Talyn
Man, you get aufly upset if your challenged.
Rick is respected around here.
Earn some respect before you start trashing the trucks we love man.

A great majority of the guys in here all run trail rigs and probably know just as much about them as you.
And I know a handful of guys in here are all diesel mechanics.

I don't think you live here in Michigan either do you? Our trucks get eaten by salt on a yearly basis. We sacrifice our trucks to the salt gods so we can be happy and have a rusty frame and door panels. I still have 1 foot of snow buried under the bottom of my truck from driving.
See, you shouldn't talk to much, how the hell do you break a front pinion? You'd have to be doing something dumb. if you know all about mechanical stuff, and yada yada, you should have inspected the truck you bought better then you did, you would have seen these problems.

So, as for thinking before you speak, why don't you stop making attacks on everyone, because your going to get them back. And your going to get me to come after you too when you rag on Michigan members. And thats not hard to do, because there are more then 5 in here in and they all post daily.

Yes Rick has alot of respect here but I believe Jeepman deserves to be treated kind also. Both had good points. I just don't think we need to run the new guys off right out of the chute. I feel he had a reasonable and legitimate post.

On RHN, I sent my info to nlemerise at his RHN address and it cam back within minutes. Give them a day or so to respond.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
Yes Rick has alot of respect here but I believe Jeepman deserves to be treated kind also. Both had good points. I just don't think we need to run the new guys off right out of the chute. I feel he had a reasonable and legitimate post.

On RHN, I sent my info to nlemerise at his RHN address and it cam back within minutes. Give them a day or so to respond.
You are right neal, we should give him good treatment.
But you can't come in and trash PSD's and expect to be treated well.
Kinda like "dont f my sister"

Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Neal 97 250
Post Fiend
I just thought it started kind of harsh. Get to know him first.
I really hesitated to post on this because I didn't want in on it but it got the best of me. I say let's welcome him KINDLY he seems to have real good experience, something we all like to share with each other.

Sorry this has gone off topic so far, lets get back to the truck stuff.

Neal's last post on this !!!

Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Neal 97 250
I just thought it started kind of harsh. Get to know him first.
I really hesitated to post on this because I didn't want in on it but it got the best of me. I say let's welcome him KINDLY he seems to have real good experience, something we all like to share with each other.

Sorry this has gone off topic so far, lets get back to the truck stuff.

Neal's last post on this !!!
You're right Neal ,,my fault ,,I didn't really notice he was new ,,I thought I 'd seen his name a while ago ,,a different jeep guy...

The only time I get involved with things such as this ,is to defend some one or some thing , thats also where my bean collection came from ,defending a member & friend (I lost ).

Quick Reply: the most emabarassing day of my life...