Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An apology from tboss (Long post )

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
tboss619
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An apology from tboss (Long post )

Let me offer my opoligies to this forum for the way I ranted today in my thread I dont have an excuse other than I guess I was in the kind of business most of my working career that demanded an imediate answer for a problem. Sometimes I dont like me very much either. Im sorry fellers and It wont happen again. Soooooooo that said let me try to save someone on here a lot of frustration and sweat. After the grand tour of the undreneath of my motorhome lookig for bad grounds and wires I determined it must be a switch of somekind . After checking all the switches and fuses related to the problem I decided it must be the multifunction switch on the steering column. So I removed it the hard way (tearing out half the driverside of the dash ) I took it apart and let me say ifin you aint never tore one of these little buggers apart then your in for some fun. Now look it over real good as you take it apart. Be sure to hold it together until you remove all the screws and then take it apart very slowley ( kinda reminds me of the first time I field stripped a p-38 in the navy) watch for the little springs they can fly abt 30ft across the room belive my I know after I took it apart or rather it took itself apart I cleaned all the connectors and abt a half pound of white and green grease. The green grease comes from 12v of current flowing across brass or copper connectors. Now put it back together agn and be sure there are no springs layin around on the floor somewhere that belong in the switch. BTW the little white part that looks like clingon space ship must be installed last do this by allowing the case to come apart just enough to slip it in and slip the spring in the slot provided for it.. This is the part of the switch that rides on the cam in the steering column you can recognize by the little black point stickin out of it that locks the turn sig. stick in place and releases it after the turn. To remove the switch remove the bezel around the cluster then the shroud around the steering colum and two screws hold it in place . you wont be able to remove the top part of the shroud but you can lift it up enough to remove the top screw. This fixed everything that was wrong with my unit even the brake lites. BTW a couple six packs makes it go much easier. Well folks my typing finger is sore so I will let this be it . Lets forget the other post and go on from here . If you have any questions abt this procedure I will be glad to help. ( I still dont believe I said the part abt the windshield.) Tks Terry

Old 12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
skaterbro
Senior User
A squeejee does work!

...... i did sense a bit of frustration in your other thread, so it wasn't taken to heart. Cool heads ALWAYS prevail.

Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No harm, no foul. Alls good here, mate.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 PM
jadmt
Senior User
Over the last couple of years I have found various other forums (mostly motorcycle related) that are very active with many gearheads who are quick to answer any and all questions. I enjoy this forum but have found that there are only a couple of actual gear heads and they do not always post right away. I myself have ben spoiled by some of these other forums where you get immediate answers to your questions. Nothing worse than having something torn apart and finding yourself in a pickle with no help. I am sure some will take this wrong but I am just letting tboss619 know I understand where he was coming from.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
first, it would have been better to have posted your apology in your other post, the one you are apologizing for.

second, your post with the question was moved by the moderators from this forum pretty quickly so most had no idea of your problem.

third, in the forum that your question was moved to you had an answer in a few hours so i am unsure of why you were so jazzed up to begin with.

glad to see you realized you jumped to an unfair conclusion and we will have to see if it happens again.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 AM
alxsnmr
Fleet Mechanic
I know we all have our bad days, some more than others, so it is all cool and completely understand when poo hits the fan, all you want to do is get out fast.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Suburban_B_Gone
Postmaster
Bump to the top to be relevant with the original thread.

-JR

Old 12-06-2008, 06:18 AM
Opossum
Postmaster
I read your first post and you need to realize all we have is the words you type, not the vehicle in front of us or telepathy to figure out what's wrong and tell you what you need to do. Your problem was such that almost nothing anyone said could have helped it's just something that has to be figured out with the vehicle in front of you.