General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What are your Black Friday plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
My Black Friday - is spending the day doing absolutely NOTHING

Old 11-25-2008, 08:15 PM
bigrigfixer
The Pacifier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Friday will mark the 2nd last day of work before my 2 week vacation.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Feed Rufuss and myself.

*shruggezzz*

Next question?

Just because stuff is undersold, does not mean you need it

Old 11-27-2008, 09:57 AM
daddio360
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Black Friday" might as well refer to the much heightened odds of receiving a black eye, black & blue bruises, etc. while jostling for position. I did, indeed, witness a human stampede as the local Circuit City store unlocked their doors last Black Friday. None seriously, but some shoppers were injured.

As much as I love a bargain, that kinda swore me off the Black Friday madness, hopefully forever....no matter how good the deal, if shoppers are willing to act like wild animals fighting over the last scrap of food, I do not want to be any part of it.

Besides, I did look at all the circulars & the deals don't look all that good this year.

Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cyber monday is better anyway

Old 11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
I have a question...Why does a homeless person get picked up for vagrancy if sleeping on a store sidewalk for the night but a chunky butt woman and her twinkie posse can sleep in front of toys r us for two days and nothing happens?

Old 11-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by hoosierbaby64
ps- I am soooooooo glad I raised my girls with enough self respect and worth that they dont have to sell their ***** or butts to drooling lonely men to make a decent living! lmao!
While I applaud the messages that you've apparently passed on to your progeny, I'm also completely shocked....your kids have detachable parts? How cool is that? Their future husbands are going to be in trouble, tho.....they're fast asleep, and wake up with no *****, only to find their hubbies outside working on their trucks with new "earmuffs".

Hey, it's my twisted theory, and I'm stickin with it!

As for your question about vagrancy, typically the difference is the potential for economic independence. What I mean by that can be best explained by example. In an old vagrancy statute in Spokane, Washington (I only happen to know this one off hand), the charge of vagrancy could be avoided if the person accused had two things in their possession...Identification, and at least $10. So, as for your example with her twinkie brigade, I'm sure they wouldn't be charged at all as they all have their plastic (with obligatory ID with them). Ironically, I doubt a homeless person would be charged with vagrancy if camped outside of a store on Black Friday either...due to the perception of 'intent to purchase'. It's an inaccurate picture, but in this world, we're all about perceptions nowadays.

As for myself, I'm in a state of debate...I may just stick to my driveway and figure out why Maynard is having idling issues (my guess is potential vacuum leak at the moment). I can also brave the crowds and go get the gift stuff out of the way, which i have to by the end of the weekend anyway. I won't be able to get a lot done after Thursday, so I need to get as much done as possible now. I loathe the idea of going out to deal with the idiots, but in recent years I've begun to enjoy just walking at my own pace through the malls, and invariably there will be a small herd of oblivious, foaming mouthed, women walking at least 4 abreast that will come toward me. Oddly, even while taking the entire walkway up, women will assume that it's my responsibility to get out of their way...and I used to fall for that sort of mentality when I was younger.

Not anymore...I finally realized I have as much right to walk as anybody else, especially when compared to a wandering herd of overstimulated, sale-stampeding, wildebeast. So, now I just stroll where I'm going, and of course I move for those that need it or deserve it, but if it's the aforementioned herd coming toward me, I just keep my pace and usually one of them will bounce off of me, and call me some sort of choice expletive. I've even had one of them bounce off of me and fall right on her butt! She'd yell at me, but I'd ask "Why is it my fault for you running into me on my side of the walkway?" ...haven't received a legitimate answer to that yet. Maybe I'd be better off just sticking with diagnosing Maynard.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:37 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
okay you win on that one! earmuffs lmemo

Old 11-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Aftrmidnite
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Back to work, and if I don't show up, I don't get my Holiday pay. Boss has wants me to hustle and get all my work done for December, but they are talking layoffs, so you know how that goes.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
I am working tomorrow also...first time in 5 years =(

Old 11-28-2008, 04:12 AM
daddio360
Senior User
speaking of the homeless who regularly "camp out" on sidewalks, etc....Black Friday eve is one day out of the year they can actually GET PAID to do what they would be doing anyway...my local paper did a story about this a few years ago....why not pay someone who really needs the money to hold your place in line...it's a win-win: you get to sleep in, & they earn the money rather than accepting a handout.

Old 11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm at work as I type this, I'm bailing outa here at noon

Old 11-28-2008, 11:16 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That is sad unfortunately it isn't the first nor will it be the last.

Personally anyone in the crowd they can positively identify as having trampled, pushed or walked past the guy should be charged with at least failure to administer aid that resulted in a death.

But it's exactly why I am sitting here looking at my computer, looking outside at possibly putting up plastic around the porch for the winder and thinking about going out and working on my Galaxie. anything as long as I don't leave the property.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:35 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Talk about a senseless death. It really is sad.

Quick Reply: What are your Black Friday plans?