What are your Black Friday plans? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

What are your Black Friday plans?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:50 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
PreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to beholdPreciousOne is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kw5413 View Post
I was gonna say something but, I am in a kinder gentler mood...after reviewing the Twin Peaks gallery again....

Awwwwwww heck....I think you have the itch now.......

Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Postmaster
00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation
Black Friday. . . .

I'm either staying home with my English Springer Spaniel, or, if my wife won't 'miss' me, I may drive to Glen Allen, VA, to a gunshop called "Green Top".

That Stoeger "Coach Gun Supreme" is calling my name.
(Actually, she said that she has no idea of what to get for me, for Christmas, and to 'pick out' and buy whatever I want. . . . within 'reason'.)

"Yes, Dear."

Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
jake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant futurejake00 has a brilliant future
the deals suck this year (compared to years past)

I'll be working ...boooooooooo

Old 11-25-2008, 02:02 AM
ATC Crazy
Post Fiend
ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.ATC Crazy has a great reputation on FTE.
I'll be at work. Shoppers get thirsty ya know...

Old 11-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Pantera28
New User
Pantera28 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll be at work making money to spend on my truck.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 AM
ididntdoit99
Elder User
ididntdoit99 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well, it looks like I'm the only idiot going to the store.

The girl and I had decided we were buying a new television for eachother for Christmas, and the one i've been looking at is going to be on sale for like $200 less than normal.

So, for the first time ever... I'm gonna go out on black friday.

So.... I'm gonna get my t.v. as quickly as I possibly can (throwing elbows to old ladies, knocking over small children, and pretty much having no reguard for others saftey).......
....and then I'm gonna go watch my new tv for the rest of the day.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:34 AM
NH-Hottie
Postmaster
NH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud ofNH-Hottie has much to be proud of
One very good tv deal I saw in Best Buy is the 60" Mitsubishi for $999.99 . I think that is $500 off the normal price.

Old 11-25-2008, 09:03 AM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
hoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant future
AOL/wallet pop showed some great bargains but not one I cannot live without.
I did buy my horse a new leather halter and some Old macs boots for the trails. Kittens got their shots and will be spayed and neutered for Christmas. (since they were basically dumped on me I think the town should say thank you for that Christmas gift)

ps- I am soooooooo glad I raised my girls with enough self respect and worth that they dont have to sell their ***** or butts to drooling lonely men to make a decent living! lmao!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
I will do the same thing I have done every "black friday" since I was old enough to decide stay away from any place with a cash register (I won't even go to a bar)

Old 11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
JTJ
Freshman User
JTJ is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Black Friday is like New Year's Eve in my book. It's better spent at home with a nice cold beer in hand!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Octane
Posting Guru
Octane is starting off with a positive reputation.
My plans for Friday involve deer hunting in the morning, grocery shopping sometime after 10:00am and relaxing the rest of the day.
You definetly wont see me anywhere near a mall or department store on Friday. People are nuts on Black Friday.
Ive got most of my X-Mas shopping already done and I will likely finish it up tomorrow. I'll gladly pay a little more money in exchange for not having to deal with all the crazy people on Black Friday.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:16 PM
hoosierbaby64
Postmaster
hoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant futurehoosierbaby64 has a brilliant future
okay why is it called black friday?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:27 PM
slappysdump
Senior User
slappysdump is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll be at Disney World with the family--flying down Thanksgiving eve and spending the next five days at the Magic Kingdom--my first vacation in 11 years. My 3 and 5 year olds are gonna freak when the see Disney--they keep asking if its better than Chuck E Cheese!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 07:27 PM
monsterbaby
Super Moderator
monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Well according to wikipedia it is

The term "Black Friday" originated in Philadelphia in reference to the heavy traffic on that day. More recently, merchants and the media have used it instead to refer to the beginning of the period in which retailers are in the black (i.e., turning a profit).
Black Friday (shopping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Take it for what it's worth (I had to look it up too LOL)

Old 11-25-2008, 08:52 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
jimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to beholdjimbo beam is a splendid one to behold
Normally I wouldn't be going anywhere on Black Friday, but a local mom and pop car lot is having a half off sale that day. According to their advertisement everything on their lot is getting marked down 30-50 percent, no exceptions.

I really want a 4 wheel drive, they have a 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer and a 03 Ranger FX4 Level II. Both have been catching my eye every time I drive by for the last month or so. I've also seen at least 6 different 87-96 Fseries trucks sitting on the back junk lot. If I can get a deal good enough I might just be adding a 4th truck to the stable on Friday.

Really thought it would be cool to get the Bronco. It has the same paintjob and wheels as my 96 F150 Eddie Bauer, nice rust free body too and only 94,000 miles. I've stopped by there after hours and looked at it a few times now, they've got it marked $4200 normally, so hopefully it'll be another grand or two less on sale. Planning on being there a hour or so before they open, god help anyone else that might be camping out in front of that Bronco, lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What are your Black Friday plans?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.