Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

People wonder why i hate mice!!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:22 PM
r_reed
Posting Guru
r_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to beholdr_reed is a splendid one to behold
i had a sudden loss of power steering on a pt cruiser. checked out the belt, it was off the pulleys but not worn or broken. i put it back on, no problem. later a dead and partially skinned chipmunk fell out on the driveway.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 PM
firstrider
Postmaster
firstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to beholdfirstrider is a splendid one to behold
Mice took up residence in my brothers cherry '72 Chev. pickup heater . The smell of mice urine never did leave .

A long time friend of mine recently notified me of the loss of his '80 vette thanks to mice chewing up the electrical system .

Had trouble here with tree rats like Julie had .A great horned owl caught onto that in a hurry .I trapped a alot of them and the 2 Akitas that patrol the yard and I would have early morning release , chase and apprehend sessions . Got to a point the dogs would rather do the chase and destroy mission than eat first thing in the a.m. .

Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 PM
sawmillman
Freshman User
sawmillman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was having a mouse problem at my place. They ate all the wires under the hood of my 75 Plymouth and built nest in the trunk and every where else. I fould a good mouse bait. First of all let me say the stuff you normally buy at most places are not very good.
I buy some stuff called Jaguar chunx. I use to get them at Tractor Supply but they never have any and you have to special order and to do that with them is a pain. I buy large buckets from Gempler's supply on line. All it takes is one bite and they are history.
I found when I had mice I also had snakes. I went into the barn one day and was just going to get something so did not open the big doors and it was dark inside. I started to pick up a container by the molded handle when something did not look right. It turned out to be a Timber Rattler coiled up under the handle asleep. I make sure now there is no food source around my barn and all my vehicles are left unscathed.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
arrowheadfred
Posting Guru
arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
pack rats

My friend has a 2007 VET. It wouldn't crank so when he opened the hood there was a big a$$ rat on the intake with all kinds of good in a nest. Shotgun shells and most of his wiring harness. LOL Cost him 8k to have it rewired like new. BELEIVE IT OR NOT if you don't want a cat you can borrow some USED cat litter from someone and put it in your shop and mice will stay away.