Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

People wonder why i hate mice!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
John Fin found a complete dead mouse in his oil pan... a powerful argument against trying to kick off a motor that's been sitting a long time with just an oil change

Old 11-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Julies Cool F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by petey shoes View Post
julie, you have a manual on RAT PELLETS???????????
Naaaaah It's in one of my old Motors Manuals. In the section under "Troubleshooting - Verman, Bow Weevel, Frog and Locust Intrusion" (Obviously the Midwest/Hills Edition)

I like the tip on the anti-freeze. We have Fruit Rats here that are size wise between a rat and a mouse. They normally live in the Mexican Fan Palm trees but come down to feed and will chew through stucco to get into a food source. Interesting thing is that the crows will pluck them out of the trees and eat them when they can. But when they breed and come down to feed, they are really smart and will avoid traps and bait!

I'll try the bucket with coolant.

J!

Old 11-22-2008, 11:40 AM
AXracer
Post Fiend
AXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud ofAXracer has much to be proud of
Bait your traps with peanut butter. Much more effective than cheese.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:43 PM
petey shoes
Posting Guru
petey shoes is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i find tootsie rolls to be more effective. they can lick pb off trap without tripping lever. they must pull on roll, thus setting trap!

Old 11-22-2008, 12:57 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider
rtcalabrojr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
Bait your traps with peanut butter. Much more effective than cheese.
Thats what i use and they just come running!

Old 11-22-2008, 02:32 PM
mfire138
Junior User
mfire138 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i stuff dryer sheets in my tail pipes. I also leave my hood popped and put dryer sheets across the engine. In the interior I use bars of Irish Spring. Mice hate the stuff...weird I know. I put the bars inside knee high nylons and hang em all over the interior. Throw a couple of dryer sheets in for good measure and Im good. I use this on all my cars and I have never had problems with mice

Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
.............or that pesky static cling.......

Old 11-22-2008, 03:33 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
And you smell fresh when making those vroom vroom noises behind the wheel.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Old F1
Posting Guru
Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.Old F1 has a good reputation on FTE.
But.....I bet it's real hard to get people to ride with you!

Old 11-22-2008, 04:48 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Darn vermin here in PA use the Irish Spring as beds and cover up with the Dryer Sheets.
I use .22, .17 (Air), AntiFreeze, Oil (with pb on the rim of the bucket, and a pipe that I run from the Truck exh under the Garage Door (Unattch.).

Old 11-22-2008, 06:57 PM
tip49
Posting Guru
tip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud oftip49 has much to be proud of
That's what you get for building a "rat rod".

My uncle lived on a farm, he always set a trap up by the air cleaner when the truck was sitting. They love the heat, And upholstery as well. Haven't encountered that problem..yet.

Tom

Old 11-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
Mr Mayo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by vintage56 View Post
we always have used a bucket of antifreeze. You have to be dang sure no pets can get to it 'cause once drank, it's a torturous and impending death. makes a bit of a mess as it really tears up their liver and causes them to pretty much hemorrage out every oriface. but it's quite effective. To preclude the mess, we used about 4-6 inches of a'frz in the bottom of a 5 gal bucket with something nearby to help them in. Once in, they can't get out. and we've always had some left over a'frz. As for what to do w/ the very used a'frz? not sure what the right way is, but you can guess what happens in the country.
JML
That reminded me of this build-it-yourself repeating mousetrap:

Build your own repeating mouse trap by Allen Easterly Issue #110

I saw the link for this on the H.A.M.B.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:24 PM
deyomatic
Senior User
deyomatic is starting off with a positive reputation.
My local hardware store sells these little units that plug into an electrical outlet that emit some high frequency that scares the mice away, at least that is their claim. I have one in my attic and haven't seen mice up there. I just put one in my garage to try to keep this type of problem from happening to me.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:54 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
they work for awhile, but either the mice got used to the sound, or I had a bunch of deaf mice, lol.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
Years ago when I working at a Cadillac dealership I had a customer come in complaining of poor power and wanting a tune up. I got the car in my stall and pulled the lid of the air cleaner off. The entire air cleaner, outside of the filter, was jam packed with dog food. I guess some critter, mouse or squirrel, was using it for their stash.
I emptied the air cleaner housing and drove the car, it ran great so I gave it back to the cutomer with the instruction that if it didn't run better to try Ken-L-Ration or Alpo and stay away from the cheap stuff.

Bobby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: People wonder why i hate mice!!!!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.