Finally Ordered Rims and Tires. Thanks to all who helped me. - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 1999 to 2016 Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Finally Ordered Rims and Tires. Thanks to all who helped me.

Notices
1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines

Old 11-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Eng1Driver
Senior User
Eng1Driver is starting off with a positive reputation.

I spent almost a year debating the whole tire and wheel thing but I've finally made my decision. Now I want to thank all the members I communicated with via PM and open threads, you know who you are.

As for the rims they are black Teflon coated American Racing ATX Thug's. They're 18X9 with 5.25 backspacing and +6mm offset.
American Racing: Official Manufacturer Website- custom, chrome, polished and painted wheels

Tires are Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Prograde size 325/60R18E. I spoke to DCSpecial about these tires as he runs them on his work truck and likes them. They're about the same height as the factory ContiCraps at 33.4'' high but are wider at 13''. I really debated the Toyo MT but my driving is mostly on road with occasional slippery boat ramps and New England snow so I figured the Silent Armor was a better choice.

I'm hoping this package fits without rubbing but if not then an Icon 2.5'' level kit will be ordered. Even if the packade doesn't rub I see the level kit in my furure but I would like to wait until spring.

I will post pic's once I mount them.

Thanks
Ed

Old 11-12-2008, 11:38 AM
senix
senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
let us see a pic when you have them on the truck!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Eng1Driver
Senior User
Thanks FTE/Parts Guy but I ordered everthing as a package online. However, Goodyear has a 40$ rebate going so I should get that.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.FTE/PARTS-GUY has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Eng1Driver View Post
Thanks FTE/Parts Guy but I ordered everthing as a package online. However, Goodyear has a 40$ rebate going so I should get that.

no worries, just wanted to let you and anyone else know your local dealer can meet or beat anyone on price of tires. And there may be rebates for you also.

Ed

Old 11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.DCSpecial has a great reputation on FTE.
Should look good.

Just rolled 36,000 miles on my tires.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:45 AM
Eng1Driver
Senior User
Pictures of the rims and tires are in my gallery.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:46 PM
cobraracing
New User
cobraracing is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks fantastic

Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
cruiser09
Junior User
cruiser09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
NICE...good to see a fellow Zaino user as well!!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 AM
redford
redford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputationredford has a superb reputation
That will look awesome. We're all waiting for some pictures of the tires and wheels all mounted on the truck.

Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 AM
ben8892002
Senior User
ben8892002 is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks good, i'm happy with my american racing teflon dominators.

Old 12-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Eng1Driver
Senior User
Originally Posted by redford View Post
That will look awesome. We're all waiting for some pictures of the tires and wheels all mounted on the truck.

See gallery for pictures.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
samurai
Senior User
samurai is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks great! The "blacked out" look is nice.Black is a witch to keep clean, but looks great when clean!Congrats...

Old 09-22-2009, 04:52 PM
JCG79
New User
JCG79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey, Eng1Driver,

Where did you get the rims? I am looking at getting the same but in 20" x 10" and have not found an online store that has them in 8x170 for my 07' F-250. Thanks for the info.!

J

Old 09-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Eng1Driver
Senior User
Rims have been on the truck since last November and still looking good. My gallery has pictures. I ordered everthing from tirerack.com and UPS dropped em off at my door.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally Ordered Rims and Tires. Thanks to all who helped me.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.