Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power mirrors are no longer power.............

Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Benningtonr
Senior User
Benningtonr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power mirrors are no longer power.............

I have used a few of the fixes here, Overhead disply, Power door lock actuator. All work great now. I have another issue, and have not found a fix for it, my power windows are no longer power. Both motors don't work. I have pulled the switch out and the plug seems ok,

Has anyone else ran accross this?

Thanks

01 CC PSD non-heated power windows

Old 11-12-2008, 08:21 AM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Check fuse #4 in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:23 AM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
Checked your fuses? Its very odd that both mirrors have died.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Benningtonr
Senior User
Going to check it now, BRB

Old 11-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Benningtonr
Senior User
OK, fuse 4 is fine.
I bought the truck about 4 weeks ago, I thought when I test drove it that the driver’s side worked, and the pass didn't work. Not 100% about drivers side though. Anyway, both are not working now. What else comes off of fuse 4, it was not blown but there is a jumper n there also, nothing is attached to it though. By jumper I mean the little clip you can slide in with the fuse so you can attach a female spade to power something external.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Benningtonr
Senior User
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Ponyboychris
Hit it!
Ponyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud ofPonyboychris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Benningtonr View Post
OK, fuse 4 is fine.
I bought the truck about 4 weeks ago, I thought when I test drove it that the driverís side worked, and the pass didn't work. Not 100% about drivers side though. Anyway, both are not working now. What else comes off of fuse 4, it was not blown but there is a jumper n there also, nothing is attached to it though. By jumper I mean the little clip you can slide in with the fuse so you can attach a female spade to power something external.
Jumper off the fuse is got me wondering if someone was tapping into the circuit for something else. Is there a wire on the female spade that is going somewhere? Have you tested the mirror plugs in the door for power?

Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
megawatt00
Post Fiend
megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Fuse #4 feed also feed the glove box lamp,map lamps,And the under hood lamp as well.

I would pull the switch assembly out and start testing for power from there.

1: Is power going into main switch?
2: Is power leaving main switch to left mirror?
3: Is power leaving main switch to right mirrir?

This will help you track it down to where the problem is.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Benningtonr
Senior User
Ok, thanks. I have a wiring diagram. We are going to test the switch tonight and see if power is coming in and if it is going to the mirrors.

There is no wire hooked to the spade connector.

Map lights, and glove box lights work, The underhood light does not work. I was under there yesterday replacing hood sound dampining material push pins. All the ones along the back of the hood were missing.